Game Thread: #20 Lady Vols v #18 Fighting Irish, Home, Wed 5PM, ESPN2

This is a BAD loss being up 16 at home. Ivey made halftime adjustments and guess who didn't? So frustrating to watch over and over. Feel bad for the players.

Why does this team make so many unnecessary turnovers game after game. ND didn't make 1 3 pointer and was down 16 and still won the game. Hollingshead was a no show, and Spear again just disappears for almost the entire 2nd half after 2 3's. It's hard to support Kellie going forward.
spear sat the bench for the last 3-4 mins of the third as our lead dwindled down.

Reactions: UTtoDC
Love and support does not mean you should be dishonest about obvious and continued weaknesses and failures to improve. No one spending time on this site does it because they don’t love and support the Lady Vols.
You are right and it’s crazy that some feel after a loss you should just have that we will get it next time girls attitude

Reactions: pasadenavol
Ouch! This one hurt majorly. We not only gave up a 16 point lead, but with 2 plus minutes left with the lead we're rushing the ball. What sense does that make!?!? How about looking for the best shot and wasting the clock. Not rushing the ball and getting turnovers. No reason we shouldn't have won the game. This loss is awful. Just awful

Notre Dame had paint points all night long. No denials, no help side defense, poor boxing out, could go on and on. Coaching staff is way over their heads. Time to go!!!

This is a BAD loss being up 16 at home. Ivey made halftime adjustments and guess who didn't? So frustrating to watch over and over. Feel bad for the players.

Why does this team make so many unnecessary turnovers game after game. ND didn't make 1 3 pointer and was down 16 and still won the game. Hollingshead was a no show, and Spear again just disappears for almost the entire 2nd half after 2 3's. It's hard to support Kellie going forward.
Bad loss at home on national TV again.

Kelly is just Incompetent. I'm beginning to question her Intellect. All She seems interested in is looking Pretty. To hell with that.

Reactions: Lurker
Why do we even watch. Defense is atrocious. Worst coached team in the SEC. I don’t know how to coach but I do know what a bad coach looks like. No offensive plan and no defense. This team is un-watchable at times. Absolutely the worst team basketball I have ever saw. Sad state of affairs watching the LV basketball under KH.
The Ladyvol basketball brand is on its last leg. I don’t know that it ever recovers or plays for championships again. The history continues to fade rapidly and is no longer part of the appeal for top recruits.

This is why when I was prasing them in the first half I kept saying "let's see if they can keep it up."

I had no faith we could keep a lead, and obviously the players didn't either.

Reactions: JustaChicken
If you asked the players, I doubt they appreciate you beating up their coach. Sure wouldn’t inspire me to play for someone knowing her own fans kick her constantly.
Maybe because Kellie gets outcoached on a consistent basis. Ivey made obvious 2nd half adjustments, you know what coaches are suppose to do in game. Kellie as usual couldn't stop what ND found as advantage. No reason for a team to make 10 out of 11 shots because TO weren't called properly and defensive adjustments weren't made. UT has no inside defense and a lot of that is the talent, but that's also on Kellie.

Reactions: Lurker and Voluble2
Poor coaching. Pretty sad. Having a hard time watching the games this year. Love the kids and love the program but blah. What a let down after playing such a nice first half.

Still cannot put 40 minutes of complete basketball together.

Kelly is just Incompetent. I'm beginning to question her Intellect. All She seems interested in is looking Pretty. To hell with that.
to disapprove of her coaching is one thing, but that’s out of line, not to mention your comment is slightly misogynistic. let’s do better please

Seriously, what was the reason moving Jas off ball like that. Our offense just went to ish when she wasn’t setting it up. How are right in front of your own bench and the offense stall out repeatedly? No movement what so ever.

This is why we don't get any high school recruits. Who would want to come here with an incompetent coaching staff?

When they finish tied for 6th in the SEC, Pay Her Off and Send Her on her way! ALL UT coaches should be the best available! This is TENNESSEE for God's sake, not Miss St!

Reactions: Lurker
The Ladyvol basketball brand is on its last leg. I don’t know that it ever recovers or plays for championships again. The history continues to fade rapidly and is no longer part of the appeal for top recruits.

yep. I get that some fans don’t like change, but when it’s been 15 years since you last made a final four, it’s now or never. We’re 5 more seasons away from being LA Tech.

VN Store

Back