Game Thread : Lady Vols at Kentucky,,Sunday 2pm,,SEC Network

How do you have a great defensive game against SC but turn around and give this type effort for a struggling UK team?

Well the first 5 minutes was some of the best defense they played all season. Got a nice lead and then hit the breaks. You can thank the coaches for that though. That’s what you get when you take off the press and go to the bench as soon as you get a lead.

Same thing I said week, a 6/7 seed would be best. That’s maybe unless we can win the sec tournament and get a 3 seed.

SC is beatable.. so that's not out of the realm of possibilities. A 4 seed at least gets us to play at home the first weekend.

More Horston and Jackson together please.

And not together on the bench.

It would make too much sense. We've seen it all year. It's resulted in no great wins and has to be different in March if we're going to make a run—37 minutes from both of them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And for the record I don’t mean continue the press and continue going 100 miles an hour with the starters.

What you do is get that lead, call a timeout or use the media and make your team better. Start drawing up plays, run the offense and get good looks. Turn it into a game of possessions and win by 30 while you learn something.

Instead we go 12 deep and create absolute chaos.

Halftime stats of interest

TN shot 59%
Striplin 10 points, 3 rebounds
Jackson 13 points, 4 rebounds
Hollingshead 8 points, 3 rebounds

Reactions: krichunaka
We seriously need to talk about Pissott. I understand she is a freshman but doesn’t look remotely close to an SEC talent

VN Store

Back