Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

We don’t need the most athletic team in the country but we need buy in to what we do and a willingness to sacrifice one’s self body and all… look at Colorado u wouldn’t call them athletic but dang are they a unit
We don’t need to be the most athletic but I’m saying we need more than we have now, Colorado has a good balance.

I think I will take a recess and go watch Hulu for a while
get out of the way of the "drive-by" bullets
C Ya
I have to admit that I turned over to the Dallas /Greenbay playoof game about 3 minutes inside 3rd quarter.This team did not come to play today.Too many passes thrown to other team that resulted in layups on the other end .Jackson was not on today and it looked like the rest of the team just gave up.Not a good look effort wise .Sorry to say things look really bleak for this team and this season and the program going forward.

Reactions: Dansky
Someone earlier in the game thread said they were behind the Tennessee bench for today's game, and that the bench wasn't saying much most of the game. They also heard Spear's parents yelling at the players to communicate. Not sure what to make of that, if true. If anyone else could corroborate, that would be insightful.

Don't misunderstand me - basketball parents yell all kind of things - just curious to know if anyone else there could see how the team was taking that second half.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Very lethargic, low energy loss.

State did not play well either and was primed to be beaten, but we couldn't take advantage of it.

If you start the season well you can afford a couple of games like this, but we buried ourselves yet again with an overambitious preseason schedule.

This team really has no personality and nothing it can rely upon. It goes as Rickea goes.

Idk they seem to be very specific with her. Wouldn’t rule it out
She was hurt (twice) but playing sparingly early. Now that she’s cleared and Tess couldn’t make the most of it, she should be in there more.

she didn’t do her part today. No way she should be shooting 25%. that’s horrible tbh. She has to be better if we are going to beat any team with a pulse.
What is her part? A double double every game? Why is it all on her? Her worst is still better then most of the team. That is my point. How about that coaching?

I have watched almost every lady vols game that was on TV (and sometimes at TBA) for many years. It is getting harder and harder to watch. I hate it for this team.
Those last few wins were fools gold for those hoping we improved. The team is trending backwards in year 5 with a coach who has 20 years experience.

She’s our Buzz Peterson

What is her part? A double double every game? Why is it all on her? Her worst is still better than most of the team. That is my point. How about that coaching?
It’s too much to ask for one player to win every night with backups as the supporting cast. Take her out of the game or she has an off night, teams will take a chance on someone else trying to step up.

Not much to add to a very poor performance. Just some random observations.

Jackson was not completely heathly against Florida. She really seems even more not herself tonight.

Hollingshed's movements are not fluid... perhaps as a result of knee surgeries. I don't know, but her hesitation and lack of an offensive plan after catch is an absolute rhythm killer.

Powell has apparently caught what ever is ailing Jackson. Not her best game!

Our bigs can't jump. I understand why Key can't ....as she is not in top shape due to illiness. Athleticism seems to factor with the other ladies. It really is as simple as you can't do what your body want let you. This is why it's essential that Jackson play the four on the low block or we will get out rebounded every game.

Texas A@M is a good team but our slow ball movement and inability to finish at the rim made them look like final four material.

Wont happen. Reporters will throw her soft toss like they always do.
I’m guessing the news sentinel is the only reporter covering this team on the road, unless they do it remotely. Don’t expect tough questions from her. Things have really changed over the past years.

Reactions: VolballTN
It should’ve ended against a LSU or South Carolina, not Texas A&M. But yes, let’s start another one! 🧡🩵

Geez your basketball IQ is down right funky. LSU just loss to a bad Auburn team as some have said and you in here acting like it didn’t even happened lol lol lol.

Ouch this one hurts. We did win the 4th quarter. Sara Puckett did have a good game. Now on to Mississippi State. As always go Lady Vol's.
I have to admire your dedication and optimism. You optimize not being a “fair weathered” fan.
Me, I need to see more from a coaching perspective and team effort.

At least the refs didn't let Barker get away with that epic flop attempt. She actually was barely touched.

Also, that charge call on Rickea was awful, should have been an and one. And I don't understand why KJH took her out immediately after. Makes me wonder if something was wrong.

Definitely need a reset and to find some urgency or another loss is on the way in Starkville.

Not much to add to a very poor performance. Just some random observations.

Jackson was not completely heathly against Florida. She really seems even more not herself tonight.

Hollingshed's movements are not fluid... perhaps as a result of knee surgeries. I don't know, but her hesitation and lack of an offensive plan after catch is an absolute rhythm killer.

Powell has apparently caught what ever is ailing Jackson. Not her best game!

Our bigs can't jump. I understand why Key can't ....as she is not in top shape due to illiness. Athleticism seems to factor with the other ladies. It really is as simple as you can't do what your body want let you. This is why it's essential that Jackson play the four on the low block or we will get out rebounded every game.

Texas A@M is a good team but our slow ball movement and inability to finish at the rim made them look like final four material.
If Rickea is sick, then I apologize to CKH but to "punish" her for not having a double double performance while the rest of the team is worse just doesn't sit well with me.

Fair assessment. Maybe she adopted the Barnes philosophy if you’re not playing defense or scoring, you’ll sit.
None of them played defense or scored. Hard to single anyone out.

Edie did not travel with the team. Wonder if a bug is going around. Kellie didn't mention it in her post game w Brian.
I’m guessing the news sentinel is the only reporter covering this team on the road, unless they do it remotely. Don’t expect tough questions from her. Things have really changed over the past years.
Not sure if the news sentinel's cora is onsite, probably is, but others do the presser remotely. But Cora definitely askes tough questions, not sure what you're talking about. She was tweeting tough tweets the whole game. She never holds back.

Lucky for Kellie though, the presser will be very short and not sweet. They have a long bus ride back to the airport to try to get home before the snow starts.

What a disappointing game.

VN Store

Back