Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

The projection says if we finish 10 and 6 were number 25 in the net which gets you in easily.
I think you're probably right, but Oregon somehow ended up #19 in the NET last year (finishing 3-15 in Q1 games, but losing most of them by single digits) and did not get in.

Nah, I think Walz's time has passed. How about Kenny Brooks?

Yesterday I was listening to a WNBA draft podcast and they were talking about Kitley possibly coming back. One of them said it might depend on where Brooks is, said they think he'll be coaching somewhere else while "wearing orange and white" next yr. I mean, is Vic about to retire? Only other orange and white team I could think of as a possibility. And probably just out of the guys butt.
Must have been out of his butt because Kitley is already using this year as her COVID year, so she's not coming back anywhere. ;)

I also can't really see Vic retiring after just 4 seasons at Texas.

Losing record in her first two season. Having a decent run right now.

Very debatable if she would be an upgrade over Kellie.

If the AD makes a change, he should poach a coach from a hot up and coming program like Colorado

JR would not be a good fit for UT imo. Her MO is taking a program that is a total loss and rebuilding over 5 seasons. She’s done it a few places now. I don’t think our admin or fan base would be patient enough for her to build the program the way she traditionally does.

Last edited:
Must have been out of his butt because Kitley is already using this year as her COVID year, so she's not coming back anywhere. ;)

That what I thought about Kitley, but they were talking about Amoore too so I guess they got confused. One of these analysists is the one who this summer rated Rickea the #17 in the draft so . . .

Maria always makes excuses for bad performances. Frankly I’ll have to hear the “they were sick” narrative from someone else to believe it. Not even Kellie herself said that.
Kellie said in presser we were not used RJ having off shooting night. She miss shots she usually makes. They need to get her in better position for rebounds. She might said that because they played RJ out of the paint more. They were no blaming the player's. Kellie use we alot.

This is the projection don't know if were going to be able to make it.
If they actually finish at RPI 27, they'll be in.

However if they're at RPI 57 they might not get in.
LSU at 49 might not get in.

Losing record in her first two season. Having a decent run right now.

Very debatable if she would be an upgrade over Kellie.

If the AD makes a change, he should poach a coach from a hot up and coming program like Colorado
Year 3 vs Year 20. I’m not endorsing Ralph just a huge experience difference.

She was handed Vandy and not Tennessee…another huge difference.

Reactions: Tnphil
Not lookin real good for Harper.....
Shutterstock_13727380ad.jpg
But boy does she look good, if only we could transition that into her coaching!!

With the recruiting and coaching issues, and if she misses the NCAAs, or barely get into the NCAA’s and goes out quick, the administration should pull the trigger for a hot coach like the one in Colorado or Kenny Brooks. I believe that KJH has given us the best she can give.

exactly one of my initial posts in the game thread said: dictate the matchups set the pace
You and I both know that we will start with the same old lineup, then the insane subbing, turnover city, the paint will be a welcome mat and we will be way too slow to defend on defense. Sad to say it but Tess Darby and Striplin are way too slow to play defense at the D1 level especially against legit D1 talent. TK is slow but she defends the paint well, can change shots, though at times she can have skillets for hands, misses too many easy shots and seldom jumps for rebounds or has great post moves.

With the recruiting and coaching issues, and if she misses the NCAAs, or barely get into the NCAA’s and goes out quick, the administration should pull the trigger for a hot coach like the one in Colorado or Kenny Brooks. I believe that KJH has given us the best she can give.
Kenny is Virginia native with no reason to leave.

Schaefer is only 62 despite the fact that he looks and dresses like Bear Byant's little brother.

Also, he's only been head coach at a major college since 2012. Barring health issues, he's as got a lot of coaching years ahead.

If they actually finish at RPI 27, they'll be in.

However if they're at RPI 57 they might not get in.
LSU at 49 might not get in.

LSU could lose every remaining game and get in.

TV ratings = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kenny is older than Jeff by a few years I believe. Just took him longer to get going at VT. I think Kenny is a really nice Coach but I fear he would have similar issues to Kellie in recruiting at UT.

Kenny had a great season last year but that’s really his only season with a lot to write home about.

Jeff has consistently been to the Elite Eight. I expect he’ll coach another 20 years and with the support womens basketball gets a Tennessee I think he could be a great choice.

Otherwise, I really like the coach at Utah. Lynne Roberts can really coach.
She’s done good at Utah

Not that this is a probability, but the hypothetical prospect of an NIT bid seems to bring out contradictory thoughts.

We're told that we should schedule easier teams OOC in order to build team chemistry, experience, and confidence.

Yet we're also told that "there's nothing to gain, even if we win" by playing in the NIT.

Why is gaining confidence, chemistry, game experience, and success important in the preseason/early season but not the postseason? Even the extra practice time can be valuable.

It is arrogant, not to mention lacking self-awareness, to turn down opportunities to compete simply because of a program's past legacy. After all, the team has already been rejected from the major tournament. Pride has already taken a big hit at that point, so pretending that you're "upholding the legacy" by declining comes across as farcical and, frankly, a little cowardly. The smaller postseason tourneys offer a chance at a little redemption and more importantly shows a hunger to get better, even if that means swallowing pride, eating humble pie, and competing.

Because that's what competitors do.

VN Store

Back