Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

Please.. it doesn’t get any worse than when Spear jumped into the air and grab a rebound without even touching Vandy player to secure the ball but since her off hand inadvertently contact Vandy player that knock Spear TO THE GROUND they called an offensive foul.

You are saying that because you know those kind of calls never go against your team.

You don't think Vandy could complain about some calls? Get real. We had 18 foul shots, Vandy had 6. Stop complaining about the officiating.
I'm not sure why fans--and it is true of football and men's BB too--feel a need to bellyache about the officiating after EVERY freakin' game. Are there suspect calls? Of course, in every game, and for/against every team. Is the officiating great? No. It is what it is, and this endless whining about it is not going to change it.

Pat was the closer in almost all cases.
Pat was a shell of herself. Holly recruited, game planned and basically ran the program the final two years. I’m not discrediting Demoss but giving credit where it’s due. Dean as well.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Posted our live RPI up to 30 which is 27 points better than just a week ago. The Net will not update until sometime tomorrow we should move up to at least in the 40's there as well.

You don't think Vandy could complain about some calls? Get real. We had 18 foul shots, Vandy had 6. Stop complaining about the officiating.
I'm not sure why fans--and it is true of football and men's BB too--feel a need to bellyache about the officiating after EVERY freakin' game. Are there suspect calls? Of course, in every game, and for/against every team. Is the officiating great? No. It is what it is, and this endless whining about it is not going to change it.
We are not talking about the mix of 50/50 calls, but the call he referenced and the jump ball when I don’t think they even touched the ball.

those are two world class bad calls and no makeup calls our way. Two more I did not verify with replay too.

Steffi Graf Became the first tennis player to achieve the Golden slam.
By wining all four Major Singles Titles and the Olympic Gold Medal .
In the same calendar year.

Graf is the only tennis player, male or female to have won each major singles tournament at least four times.

Steffi Graf (107) singles titles ranking her third behind.
Chris Evert (157)
Martina Narrative (167)

Steffi graf and Margaret Court. Are the only players, male or female to win three majors In a calendar year five times.

Steffi Graf retired 1999
She won the French open and lost in the Wibledon final in 1999
Steffi Graf retired still making finals and wining them.

Steffi Graf husband who was a pretty good male player said she could won more. But she retired so they could start a family.

That's way I give her nod the best I seen played.
You think it's Serena Williams.
They both finished behind Margart Court (24) slams

All Three were great players.

So were Evert - Narrative
Lot of tennis people said Monica Sees would won the most easily if not for her getting attack.

All six are top 10 women's tennis players.

Serena is the only tennis player to complete the career Golden Slam in singles and doubles.

She also holds the most gold medals by a tennis player

Most career slams in the Open Era

Oldest grand slam champion and she set the record 4 different times

She’s also the only player to have won 10-plus Grand Slam titles in two different decades.

She has 7 Australian open titles which is the most by any other female and 6 US open titles which is only tied by Evert.

She won10+ slams after age 30 and no other female has more than 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVol1908
we have fans booing our own football players announced as starters. Bad look to boo JP and flaunt the generic term LVFL.

Let me be clear, I was talking about her interaction with a coach, not fans. If those of you who post as coaches endorse JP's behavior, we don't agree.

I had two daughters play sports...if they did what she did, I would have done some post game parenting & they some post game apologizing. And, BTW, I've got three North Jersey girls and I really wanted Pissott to contribute & succeed at UT.

Finally, you and Coach need to watch the handshake line at today's Ole Miss's game. Coach Yo, one of the more intense SEC coach's of any sport, stopped in the handshake line and spoke at length to a UGA player. It was a noticeably different sportsmanship moment from both...

We are not talking about the mix of 50/50 calls, but the call he referenced and the jump ball when I don’t think they even touched the ball.

those are two world class bad calls and no makeup calls our way. Two more I did not verify with replay too.

The officiating was terrible.
The poster is delusional.

Reactions: Klclark and glv98
Thank you for your post! I get so tired of reading numerous posts every game about the officials favoring the opposing team, and when the team loses it is because of the officiating. Thank you for saying what I feel.

Reactions: rogatl
Pat was a shell of herself. Holly recruited, game planned and basically ran the program the final two years. I’m not discrediting Demoss but giving credit where it’s due. Dean as well.
Pat was the closer except the last two years then ......she even recruited when she was 8 months pregnant.

Thank you for your post! I get so tired of reading numerous posts every game about the officials favoring the opposing team, and when the team loses it is because of the officiating. Thank you for saying what I feel.

It's childish homerism--and we have to listen to it game after game after game. If we got 50 free throws to the opponent's 10, we'd have fans whining about some call or the other after the game.

Let me be clear, I was talking about her interaction with a coach, not fans. If those of you who post as coaches endorse JP's behavior, we don't agree.

I had two daughters play sports...if they did what she did, I would have done some post game parenting & they some post game apologizing. And, BTW, I've got three North Jersey girls and I really wanted Pissott to contribute & succeed at UT.

Finally, you and Coach need to watch the handshake line at today's Ole Miss's game. Coach Yo, one of the more intense SEC coach's of any sport, stopped in the handshake line and spoke at length to a UGA player. It was a noticeably different sportsmanship moment from both...
What happened with Pissott?

Pat was the closer except the last two years then ......she even recruited when she was 8 months pregnant.
That’s true, the claim from earlier was Holly inherited Pat’s players. Majority were recruited by Holly. And Kellie inherited a roster needing an overhaul but somehow got 3 first rounders.

Steffi Graf Became the first tennis player to achieve the Golden slam.
By wining all four Major Singles Titles and the Olympic Gold Medal .
In the same calendar year.

Graf is the only tennis player, male or female to have won each major singles tournament at least four times.

Steffi Graf (107) singles titles ranking her third behind.
Chris Evert (157)
Martina Narrative (167)

Steffi graf and Margaret Court. Are the only players, male or female to win three majors In a calendar year five times.

Steffi Graf retired 1999
She won the French open and lost in the Wibledon final in 1999
Steffi Graf retired still making finals and wining them.

Steffi Graf husband who was a pretty good male player said she could won more. But she retired so they could start a family.

That's way I give her nod the best I seen played.
You think it's Serena Williams.
They both finished behind Margart Court (24) slams

All Three were great players.

So were Evert - Narrative
Lot of tennis people said Monica Sees would won the most easily if not for her getting attack.

All six are top 10 women's tennis players.

All this facts were just taking form Wikipedia Steffi Graf page
Thanks for spell check on Steffi Graf
Spelling not my strong point. With out watch game and talking tennis same time. @knoxvol52 done for now on tennis talk.

That’s true, the claim from earlier was Holly inherited Pat’s players. Majority were recruited by Holly. And Kellie inherited a roster needing an overhaul but somehow got 3 first rounders.
Kellie MADE first rounders. No one was acting like Rennia or Rae were lottery picks out of highschool.

Horston is a different story.

Rickea is all Kellie. And if she somehow gets TK to stay she could be number 5.

TK would also be a made player too.

She owes nothing to CKH in a handshake line. We don’t know the last conversation that happened and we don’t know what CKH said as she had her hand. I said earlier, Pissott took this game personal and if she’s a competitor she’s not going to want to chit chat with the coach she felt might have wronged her.

Reactions: Hbg and knoxvol52
Kellie MADE first rounders. No one was acting like Rennia or Rae were lottery picks out of highschool.

Debatable

Great confidence building win today. Spear executed wonderfully down the stretch. I thought Powell played great as well. Hopefully, Jackson will not have to miss much game time. She is always instant offense when required.

We won, so absolutely not complaing about the referees. However, I will post a short You Tube Video about the Cylinder Rule that applies to all three of Key's fouls.

As Garret Morris (of SNL fame) might say for the hearing impaired, "KEY MUST BE GIVEN ROOM TO MAKE A BASKETBALL PLAY AFTER CATCHING THE BALL. IF SHE INADVERTINLY BUMPS THE PLAYER GUARDING HER IN HER CYLINDER ITS AN ILLEGAL DEFENSE AND NO FOUL SHOULD BE ASSESSED.

I don't believe this rule has changed; However, it may not be a point of emphasis this year.

Last edited:

No questions about it.. I stamp this!

Jewel Spear will get drafted as well.
Coach Harper deserves credit for the way Jasmine Powell is playing this season as well.

The game was closer than I wanted.....
T_033664.JPG

Not debatable they weren’t top 10 out of highschool.

If anything that was Hollys biggest flaw. Player development.

Evina
Meme Jackson
Kasi Kush
Jordan Reynolds
Alexa Middleton

And so on…
Davis was a McDonlds AA
Rae was a Top 50 player

So again, debatable as neither was a walkon

VN Store

Back