Game Thread: Lady Vols v EKU; Sunday 2PM, Home, SECN+ (Final LV'z 72-63)

Didn't go and didn't watch, no protest just family obligations.

Looking at the stats, first question is why did Key only play 6 mins? Had 5 points and 3 blocks, that would seem to earn more. Was it endurance?

Going to watch, but I can see it was awful, again. Getting more and more discouraged every game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The game was fun and exciting today.....That's all we can really ask for.
Of course, there is a lot to be improved on, but at least Kellie got on the refs butts with some of their crazy calls...
When RK comes back, couple her with the new and improved Striplin, the LVs will be a blast to watch.

I’m proud of the win. Hopefully they can build on it. As the game went on they started working harder. We are a work in progress and hopefully practices become tougher.
We coasted on superior size and talent today. I don’t think anyone on this team other than Striplin really cares at this point. I think we go sub .500 in SEC play.
I just don’t understand not caring. This is college ball, you give it your all every day every game!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Honesty like that gets you people saying they put you in the ignore list.
I don't post a s a fan, I post as a coach
and as a coach I know this game should have been a 20+ point game,,,even without Kea
and obviously I am not alone:
00 temp.jpg
We could have put Jillian and Tamari and ran them 5 mins at the end of every q and crushed that team
If honesty like that alienates me,,so be it

I think more girls have small injuries than we know. Probably Destinee and if I had to bet, Jewell. We’ve had more injuries and illness than anyone has really given credit.

Injury Report for the SZN:
Jill x2
Ace x3
RJ
TK
JP
Jewell

Sick:
Sara
RJ

That’s more than half the team and we wonder why there is no continuity. I’d also bet there’s more than this not to mention any of the court issues they may be facing. (Like and incredibly hungry and impatient ((usually mean)) fan base)

Last edited:
I think more girls have small injuries than we know. Probably Destinee and if I had to bet, Jewell. We’ve had more injuries and illness than anyone has really given credit.

Jill x2
Ace x3
RJ
TK
JP
Sara

That’s more than half the team and we wonder why there is no continuity. I’d also bet there’s more than this not to mention any of the court issues they may be facing. (Like and incredibly hungry and impatient ((usually mean)) fan base)

Impatient fan base? Comical take....All of you who think we should be able to get back to a Final Four in 20 years, you're too impatient!

the truth hurts...this group should be much better than this
I understand your frustration but you normally aren’t insulting with your observations where the players are involved.
As we used to point out to the kids this time of the year. “Santa’s watching”😆😆

Reactions: Memvol44
Th
Impatient fan base? Comical take....All of you who think we should be able to get back to a Final Four in 20 years, you're too impatient!
Thats what u took away from my post…. Dam 🦫 the world really does revolve around every individual here

Jill x2
Ace x3
RJ
TK
JP
Sara

Did we forget Jill was dropping 30 this summer… per game?!? Those teams were EKU level and she can’t rn.

Jill x2
Ace x3
RJ
TK
JP
Sara

And ofc Jewell was hurt in preseason missed NC State and Carson Newman

I noticed that Louisville had 18 turnovers vs Kentucky today. KY got Maddie Scherr back, and she scored 22 points to keep them in the game.

Had to listen to today's game so couldn't see the team looked like. Did we box out any better and did we run any better offense? It was obvious that we were careless with the ball and gave up easy baskets off turnovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
Just watched the presser BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH from Coach Harper.

She’s done for and she knows it. It’s all over her face. Trying to be positive and talk up a 9 point win over a crappy team has to be hard to stomach for her. I feel for her, but she’s the captain of this ship and it’s sinking fast under her watch.

Pretty snarky…disappointing for you.

My comment was in response to a post re Kellie,,,see below
Kellie sounds like she's over it. Can't believe this unbelievably horrible team she put together.

It'd be a very good Missouri Valley Conference team

I should have been more explicit...she has them playing as if they were in that conference and if they were in that conference,, they would be a vg MVC team

That is by no means where I see this team
I see this team in its full strength as a top 3-4 SEC team and a top 10-15 NCAA team...and even without Kea, they should be winning a heckuva lot more than they are.

Kellie is still coaching like she is in that conference,,,she has no one in her assistants with the gumption to stand up to her and tell her she is costing this team growth by shackling them with: No timeout calls in runs, erratic subbing, etc...This is the SEC!!, not the MVC!! The SEC is another level.

The team(players) have to grow and so does the coaching.
Right now its not...I see day one mistakes 5 seasons later...

Kellie needs a person, consultant or asst that isn't scared to talk straight to her.

This team needs someone who's personality is stronger than the players...Until they have such a person in the mix, I fear the growth will be up to the player's,,,not the coaches.

Proof in what I say,,,re-listen to that joke of a presser from the prior game,,,."....They, them, themselves"...
No "I"...
"If you lay the blame on the players, by proxy, you are laying the responsibility of correcting the "blame" on them as well. And that is what she did in that presser

This is where she is losing my support.
As a coach "I" personally shoulder the blame for a loss in a close game,,bc,,,when it truly is the team's fault,,it is undeniably apparent and obvious

Does that mean I am against her...NO
For the team to succeed, she has to succeed.
And I would work my butt off to help her reach that goal.

Pat Summitt said... you win with people...
It is no different here.

Last edited:
Glad I watched the game, and call me crazy but It wasn't near as bad as all that. Was only as close as 9 bc we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I thought we moved the ball as well as I've seen in a while, found open players and got good looks. Couldn't hit enough of them. Also, as ever, too many turnovers. That team wasn't that bad, they're well coached and Walker is a player. But I also saw encouraging stuff. Thought the LVs played w more poise (except all the t.o.s) and played much looser.
We coasted on superior size and talent today. I don’t think anyone on this team other than Striplin really cares at this point. I think we go sub .500 in SEC play.

I just don’t understand not caring. This is college ball, you give it your all every day every game!
Seriously, are you people insane? You could watch that game and say JP doesnt care? Strip doesn't bust her tail? Puckett getting hammered in a position she's 2 inches too short for? TK doesn't care? They all care, of course. I should let it slide bc it's so ridiculous on the face of it, but it burns me up.

Strip has stepped the ef up, period. And showing real offensive skills. You can see her confidence growing. That player has developed. I love her mindset and energy.

Speaking of energy, how do you not love JP. Also has stepped right up. Yes she's going to throw the inexplicable pass into the bleachers, and overdribble at the end of every quarter. But her hustle,her kamikoze rebounding, floor vision and scrappy energy are really important right now. Esp bc Wells continues to recede, which was the bad news fm this game.

Did I dream it or was this the best we've seen TK in like forever? Spin move! The turnaround in the last couple of weeks has been unbelievable and a really positive development I did not see coming. Love those 3 blocks for her. You can see her gaining confidence too. Still a way to go, but at long last, it seems encouraging.

Another positive is that Jewel contributed so much late in the game after another rocky start. Gives her something good to think about. Also thought Wynn played well.
Did we forget Jill was dropping 30 this summer… per game?!? Those teams were EKU level and she can’t rn.
She did? When? Against who?

Last edited:
She’s done for and she knows it. It’s all over her face. Trying to be positive and talk up a 9 point win over a crappy team has to be hard to stomach for her. I feel for her, but she’s the captain of this ship and it’s sinking fast under her watch.
Ridiculous! You don’t win natties as Pat Summit’s PG by being a quitter.
You seem oddly invested in Kellie losing her job. She and the team will get this straightened out and she will certainly remain HC. I’m afraid your fondest dreams will be dashed.

Man the empty seats in there today. From what I could tell on tv, one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen. It was a rainy, cold day in Knoxville today. But I think it was also directly due to the MTSU loss.

Man the empty seats in there today. From what I could tell on tv, one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen. It was a rainy, cold day in Knoxville today. But I think it was also directly due to the MTSU loss.
Fans are voting with their wallets. I don’t think even the South Carolina and LSU games will draw 10,000 at this point.

VN Store

Back