Game Thread: Lady Vols v EKU; Sunday 2PM, Home, SECN+ (Final LV'z 72-63)

Typical of this team: a few minutes ago, the EKU lady rebounded the ball under the net and beat 3 or 4 Lady Vols down the court. They appear to be amazingly slow.

We really need the guard speed of Boyd and Cooper. We will be a quicker team next season. I think Harper finally understands you need speed and athleticism to win in the SEC.

Tennessee hasn’t had a shot maker like Jewel Spear since the legendary days of Coach Summitt carrying this conference and WCBB.

This staff doesn’t know how to use this elite shooter. What a shame!

We’re not a tournament team. The streak is over. Nothing about this win inspires any confidence about the future. It’s like if the football team beat UConn 10-7.

Reactions: Ratvol
I saw more people yawning on the sideline and announcers table than I have for any other game I have watched.

Really low energy all around today.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I saw more people yawning on the sideline and announcers table than I have for any other game I have watched.

Really low energy all around today.
We coasted on superior size and talent today. I don’t think anyone on this team other than Striplin really cares at this point. I think we go sub .500 in SEC play.

Reactions: Ratvol
Good 4th quarter. Powell played well but was slow getting rid of the ball when pressured. Played good defense in the last quarter.

How is possible that we do not have a player like Walker--an athletic forward who can score? How is it possible that, in all the country, we can't land a couple of players like her?

VN Store

Back