Get Behind Coach Heupel

Man....I F'n love me the keyword search button and some old threads.

^^^^ Since fair is fair, look at what this idiot posted.^^^^
I was very skeptical about the kind of support he would get, but I'm very satisfied that he got it.

If you weren't skeptical of the hire given the past four hires, can you even call yourself a Vol fan?
Proud to say I wasn’t skeptical at the time. I thought it was a gamble but that he we had to take a shot because I didn’t think anyone else would touch the job considering the shape the program was in, but I also remembered he was a hell of a QB back in the day and he had experience. Plus I knew the situation at UCF that wasn’t reflected in the record (injuries, COVID opt-outs, etc…)

Good call
Bringing up posts from 18 months ago. 😂 This was the first couple days after the hire because everyone was hoping we were going to get a big name. I had changed my position to “wait and see” a couple of months later. It turns out he was a great choice. I never expected us to be in the position we are today.

Bringing up posts from 18 months ago. 😂 This was the first couple days after the hire because everyone was hoping we were going to get a big name. I had changed my position to “wait and see” a couple of months later. It turns out he was a great choice. I never expected us to be in the position we are today.
It seems to be the thing to do this week. I had one chasing me from thread to thread. Lol.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
If you can’t support coach Heupel, you’re either not a Tennessee fan or a troll, either way be gone!

Reactions: Alto1
Man....I F'n love me the keyword search button and some old threads.

So after the greatest win for Tennessee in at least a decade, what you decided to do was call out other Vol fans? Did some of us hate the hire (including me)? Absolutely, but if after beating Alabama all you want to do is gloat over OTHER VOL FANS. Then I'll take literally anyone you tagged over you.

So after the greatest win for Tennessee in at least a decade, what you decided to do was call out other Vol fans? Did some of us hate the hire (including me)? Absolutely, but if after beating Alabama all you want to do is gloat over OTHER VOL FANS. Then I'll take literally anyone you tagged over you.
Amen

If we qualify for a bowl next year, it will be a miracle. I would love to see 10 wins, but I think that is ridiculous. I'm not even excited about our coaching hire. I hope he proves me wrong.

VolJarhead
This was my post. The 10 wins was referring to last year, but in truth, I would have said the same thing about this one. I like hot sauce with my crow and boy does it taste good. I would say to throw a flag on you for an unsportsmanlike penalty in calling these folks out, but the ref is just worn out from tossing them at Alabama.

I was so damned angry about Pruitt I took time off posting from December 2017 and didn't put anything up until the start of the 2019 season.

This one doesn't anger me. It doesn't wow me. The guy's ability as an offensive coach does give us a chance of having something decent to hold onto during these difficult years ahead.

If he gets us back into fighting shape and pulls us up to the point where Florida and Alabama aren't treating us like a practice game against the local DIII team, then I'm going to be pleased with the hire.

He damn sure exceeded my expectations. Right now he looks every bit the innovator on offense that General Neyland was on the defensive side of the ball.

I was drunk “allegedly” when I posted that. Allegedly………. But good on the I told you so soothsayers on Volnation. Who knew? You did WilcoVolsFan……you did..

If you weren't skeptical of the hire given the past four hires, can you even call yourself a Vol fan?

Thread wasn't about being skeptical of the hire. It was about supporting the Coach (& indirectly the team) by getting behind CJH even if he wasn't a guy you wanted.

I posted the original quote again because I figured someone(s) would try and pull your stunt.

You can question whether he can get the job done but fact of the matter he is willing to give it a go. If your going to be critical of anyone be critical of those that didn’t have confidence in themselves that they could turn this thing around. Get behind this guy and remember a lack of early success doesn’t fall on him but does on the previous administration and coaching staff. Welcome to Rocky Top CJH!

Your logical fallacy is strawman

So after the hiring of a new Coach and needing fan support to turn around the program, what you decided to post was this?

See you guys again in 3 years

But are now getting the hurtz feelinz after having them quoted back.

Vol fans were so sick and tired of the horrendous hires, so I get the negativity back then. I feel like I had a “wait and see” attitude, but I’m not gonna knock on anyone for being wrong, because they’re all happy about the hire now.

VN Store

Back