Get Behind Coach Heupel

No. I'm done handing out blind loyalty to coaches.
Yeah I guess we will see. Not jumping in full blindness but there could be some positives on offense. But to your point not drinking the kool-aid until we see what we’ve got.

12-1
10-3
6-4

Linear regression.

UCF had ALL spring activities cancelled due to Covid. Then they had 10 players opt out (3 starters on defense) and then dismissed 4 more defensive starters due to their interactions with police.
That's the major factor in why they went from 12-1 & 10-3 to 6-4 in 2020.

You guys give him too much attention. Who cares what a Vanderbilt alum says about our hire? He's only famous because he asked Tebow if he's a virgin.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
For those less than enthused with this hire take this into consideration. CJH wanted this job when most others didn’t. Despite all of the adversity, despite unprecedented hurdles and despite a diminished roster he thought enough of this job to take on such a daunting task. He left a comfortable situation in Orlando to come to Knoxville to build something from the ground up. You can question whether he can get the job done but fact of the matter he is willing to give it a go. If your going to be critical of anyone be critical of those that didn’t have confidence in themselves that they could turn this thing around. Get behind this guy and remember a lack of early success doesn’t fall on him but does on the previous administration and coaching staff. Welcome to Rocky Top CJH!
What a load of garbage. He was declining at UCF after inheriting an undefeated team. He is jumping ship to bring his mediocrity to UT - and grab a pile of cash while he can. Trash hire.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
He's not the big name we all wanted but I think it's a solid hire.
Good chance we are back at it in 3 yrs. but he specializes in offense which is also trending in sec, so if he can be that offense guru and not also have a sal sunseri type D, we may be ok. A lot of work to do though

UCF had ALL spring activities cancelled due to Covid. Then they had 10 players opt out (3 starters on defense) and then dismissed 4 more defensive starters due to their interactions with police.
That's the major factor in why they went from 12-1 & 10-3 to 6-4 in 2020.

You guys give him too much attention. Who cares what a Vanderbilt alum says about our hire? He's only famous because he asked Tebow if he's a virgin.

Doesn’t discredit the buyout amount and quality of Heupel

As far as re-building the team immediately CJH knows that he has plenty of weapons on offense...4 QBs, a ton of good young WRs, the top JC RB and several other RBs, some young TEs, and at least 5 OL with game experience. His biggest fix will be the Defense which lost all of its top LBs and some DBs. He will need to see who he can sign off the portal to fill the vacant positions. Let's see what he can do before saying this was a bad hire.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
I'm good with it. The offense will actually be watchable. Anybody that can set the SEC offensive scoring record using Missouri's players, should be able to move the ball here. He also $h!t whipped Auburn's defense in the bowl game they played.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
This is the worst hire imaginable.

No, I won't support it. White and Heupel can eff off back to central Florida.
Be careful. I suggested that White could be possibly overrated or in over his head and judging by the reaction you would’ve thought I said that General Neyland sucked or something. I care about your safety.

I really don’t think this was his first choice. TBH, Tennessee is a hard enough sell as it is, never mind the uncertainty surrounding the NCAA investigations going on right now.

Danny White just said in the press conference, that he made one job offer, to Heupel, and no one else.

We need to get heupe! get it? Because without the "L" it sounds like hype and...............ok, whatever. I tried :(:(

I had optimism with what the new administration was telling us and with what everyone was telling us about White. I will calm down in a couple of days but the biggest issue I have is White brought in his coach. That is an indictment of Whites abilities as an AD IMO.
He had zero intention of hiring anyone but Heupel. He had his man before he stepped foot in Knoxville

Danny White just said in the press conference, that he made one job offer, to Heupel, and no one else.

I think he is “skirting” around the truth.

Use firm to see if someone wants the job......then “ask” the one guy.

I’m often wrong though.......I seriously didn’t think Heupel was AT ALL a real possibility.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I’ll be honest. No coach would have got me excited. Too many big names flame out every year all across the country. There is no guarantee.

This guy has a good resume. Better than Kiffin (when he was hired), Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt. Circling back, he straight up whipped Kiffin twice... probably would the other 3 given the chance.

I get the frustration that we brought in this heralded AD and he ends up just bringing his G5 coach with him. That tells me he got a lot of “no thanks” and this was his best option.

I’m willing to give him a chance.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA

VN Store

Back