Get your mask ready

I hope they record his call with Governor Abbott here in Texas and release it.

And if Sleepy Joe does try and endo I wonder if Abbott will issue a state wide mandate of his own. 🍿

Abbott has gone soft and will comply with whatever mandate Joe says.

Reactions: davethevol
Man, reading the blowback here is just crazy. It's as if all the Trump fans are suddenly medical experts on masks and disease transmission.

You're wrong. Plain and simple. Here's a short list of medical experts that confirm the obvious: Masks help reduce the transmission of CV19.

Please be considerate to others by wearing a mask in public during a pandemic. Thank you.

CDC:

Are masks effective in preventing COVID-19?

Wearing cloth masks can help prevent people infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 from spreading the virus. Make sure your cloth mask: fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face, completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured with ties or ear loops, includes multiple layers of fabric, allows for breathing without restriction, and can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape. Cloth masks should NOT be worn by children less than 2 years old or anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

American Medical Association:

An open letter to the American public,

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have urged the American people to protect themselves, their neighbors and their loved ones amidst the worst global health crisis in generations. After months of physical distancing and staying at home, infections and deaths began to decline.

But in the weeks since states began reopening, some of the steps that were critical to the progress we made were too quickly abandoned. And we are now watching in real-time as a dramatic uptick in COVID-19 cases is erasing our hard-won gains. Hospitals in some states are at or nearing their ICU capacity. Shortages of personal protective equipment and testing supplies continue to pose a dire threat to health care workers and patients alike. And last week, Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress that the U.S could see 100,000 new coronavirus cases each day if we do not take more precautions.

This is why as physicians, nurses, hospital and health system leaders, researchers and public health experts, we are urging the American public to take the simple steps we know will help stop the spread of the virus: wearing a face mask, maintaining physical distancing, and washing hands. We are not powerless in this public health crisis, and we can defeat it in the same way we defeated previous threats to public health—by allowing science and evidence to shape our decisions and inform our actions.

UCAL-SF:

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

Nature:

Face masks: what the data say

Wall Street Journal:

Face Masks Really Do Matter. The Scientific Evidence Is Growing.
We have a mask mandate here in Virginia, I have zero issue with wearing a mask in a store etc. But ill be damned if I'm going to wear one outside or while in my car etc.

That may change if Georgia dems find/manufacture enough votes to take the senate.
Thats what I'm afraid of. They now know they can cheat and get away with it on a large scale so 2 races in the same state could be very easy

Reactions: headhunter15
Question:
Would your attitude about wearing a mask change if President Trump mandated wearing a mask to stop the virus?

To me a yes vote means wearing a mask is political and not about public safety.

And a no vote says you believe a wearing a mask has no public safety value.

Care to vote on this?

Question:
Would your attitude about wearing a mask change if President Trump mandated wearing a mask to stop the virus?

Care to vote on this?

Start a poll.

I wouldnt comply with a mask mandate if jesus himself mandated it.

This thread is living proof that there's no fixing stupid.

Be sure to demand your doctor not to wear a mask when he/she operates on you next time, too, cause yeah, masks don't work.

Circa 1918...

View attachment 321828

Arent you the one that ran from Boston to NC to work remotely and go out fishing on a boat with a group that doesn’t wear masks ? Smh

Abbott has gone soft and will comply with whatever mandate Joe says.
I don’t think so. I think he has been keeping his powder dry this far. He will be expected to resist any Democrat idiocy and this mask mandate is the first shot across the bow of that idiocy. Abbott is the basic Texas politician and that is saying a lot. When I moved to Texas in 1988 I was shocked at the shady **** on both sides of the aisle in Texas politics but it’s a helluva freak show and fun to watch. Even classic Texas Democrats are a breed apart from the current mainstream DNC.

I won't be taking any vaccine for this. Man made virus. Who knows what is in the vaccine.
Ok... I don’t think there is any grand plan to implant the people with markers or mind control mechanisms and I believe the researchers are doing their best to provide a reliable vaccine with minimal side effects. THAT is the only concern I have the long term side effects. If we had no high risk people in our home I wouldn’t take it either until we had some long term data. But my MIL lives with us and our whole gameplan revolves around keeping her safe. So within that context I’ll probably take it at some point.

Question:

Care to vote on this?

No .. I am against the Federal government or state government mandating under threat of fine or jail that we lose the freedom to choose when and if we wear a mask for a virus with a 98% survival rate , assemble , worship , protest , open / run a private business , celebrate any occasion with our friends and family in our own homes or be locked down in our homes not being allowed to move around freely . To me , I can’t believe anyone with any common senses would be for these things .

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
I dont understand why some people have this attitude. I've been wearing a mask at work and in public for months now. It's not a big deal. No they might not be 100% effective...but even if they are 30% effective, isn't it kind of a no brainer?

Do people think wearing masks make them less of a man or something. I seriously don't get it. You just sound ignorant to me.
Irony. I see it.

The only thing that actually works is social distancing. The mask is almost purely a psychological aid for most people. Most of those people are the ones who basically cower in fear on a daily basis because they are natural selection refugees and probably realize covid is mother natures way of saying "get out".

The only thing that helps a lot is good personal hygiene so its not really a shocker that so many leftists dropped like flies early on.
Bingo

Man, reading the blowback here is just crazy. It's as if all the Trump fans are suddenly medical experts on masks and disease transmission.

You're wrong. Plain and simple. Here's a short list of medical experts that confirm the obvious: Masks help reduce the transmission of CV19.

Please be considerate to others by wearing a mask in public during a pandemic. Thank you.

CDC:

Are masks effective in preventing COVID-19?

Wearing cloth masks can help prevent people infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 from spreading the virus. Make sure your cloth mask: fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face, completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured with ties or ear loops, includes multiple layers of fabric, allows for breathing without restriction, and can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape. Cloth masks should NOT be worn by children less than 2 years old or anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

American Medical Association:

An open letter to the American public,

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have urged the American people to protect themselves, their neighbors and their loved ones amidst the worst global health crisis in generations. After months of physical distancing and staying at home, infections and deaths began to decline.

But in the weeks since states began reopening, some of the steps that were critical to the progress we made were too quickly abandoned. And we are now watching in real-time as a dramatic uptick in COVID-19 cases is erasing our hard-won gains. Hospitals in some states are at or nearing their ICU capacity. Shortages of personal protective equipment and testing supplies continue to pose a dire threat to health care workers and patients alike. And last week, Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress that the U.S could see 100,000 new coronavirus cases each day if we do not take more precautions.

This is why as physicians, nurses, hospital and health system leaders, researchers and public health experts, we are urging the American public to take the simple steps we know will help stop the spread of the virus: wearing a face mask, maintaining physical distancing, and washing hands. We are not powerless in this public health crisis, and we can defeat it in the same way we defeated previous threats to public health—by allowing science and evidence to shape our decisions and inform our actions.

UCAL-SF:

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

Nature:

Face masks: what the data say

Wall Street Journal:

Face Masks Really Do Matter. The Scientific Evidence Is Growing.

Now do a list of all the freedoms we’ve lot under the guise of public safety on the suggestions of “experts “ . I’m not an explosives or firearms expert either , but I think it’s stupid to restrict the public’s ability to have fireworks , pipe bombs , silencers and automatic weapons because they could be “ unsafe “ .

Question:

Care to vote on this?

No my attitude wouldn't change. If the property owner requires a mask to be in/on that property I support their right to do so and will abide by their wishes. If the government tells me I have to wear a mask I say no.

Equating a surgeon's mask, a surgeon's training on mask wearing, and a surgical room with everyday citizens is nonsensical.
Actually this is an interesting issue. It's well documented that masks are completely ineffective at reducing surgical wound infections. I'll look for references.

Last edited:
Actually this is an interesting issue. It's well documented that masks are completely infective at reducing surgical wound infections. I'll look for references.

Maybe you can correct this, but their take doesn't scream "well documented." It seems kinda crazy that we don't have a clear idea about this

The findings from this review cannot be generalised for several reasons: the studies included only looked at clean surgery, some of the studies did not specify what type of face mask was used and one of the studies did not involve many participants therefore making the findings less credible. The quality of the studies we found was low overall. The way in which participants were selected for the studies was not always completely random, which means the authors' judgements could have influenced the results. More research in this field is needed before making further conclusions about the use of face masks in surgery.

Disposable surgical face masks for preventing surgical wound infection in clean surgery

Reactions: McDad
Actually this is an interesting issue. It's well documented that masks are completely infective at reducing surgical wound infections. I'll look for references.

A nursing home in a stone's throw from McRib's hospital received a box of masks. The staff and nurses received no instruction on proper use. Seems simple, right? Put the mask on your face. Well, turns out, the masks are different sizes, and weren't rated for medical use, and weren't disposed of frequently enough.

No surprise, a huge infection broke out in that facility. A few people died.

I wish masks were the panacea some think they are.

Question:

Care to vote on this?
No

VN Store

Back