Giuliani condo/apartment being raided

I just think it was another case of his patented rambling stream of consciousness. He legitimately didn't really know what else to say and just started freestyling.

We might be in the worst 20 year stretch of Presidential orators in American history.
I'll give you Trump, Biden and Bush. Obama sounded Presidential

Giving him credit, Obama was a good public speaker. Of course, I disagreed with nearly everything he said, but he was very articulate and well spoken. I mean, he was no Reagan, but he wasn't bad.

So, kind if depends on when your 20 years starts.

I minored in Public Speaking in college, and have spent years speaking to large groups of people along with some radio experience.

With that said, Obama was very articulate and had some excellent speeches in terms of writing, but he lost track of himself every 3 or 4 words and, for me, the patented Obama "uhhh" just broke any and all continuity in his words. He was also not a well versed ad libber, and I think that's the hallmark of a great speaker. Dude was glued to his teleprompter.

1. Obama
2. Bush
3/4. Trump/Biden. They are both horrendous fkr different reasons. I will say though, last night's speech was far better than I expected in terms of execution.

I minored in Public Speaking in college, and have spent years speaking to large groups of people along with some radio experience.

With that said, Obama was very articulate and had some excellent speeches in terms of writing, but he lost track of himself every 3 or 4 words and, for me, the patented Obama "uhhh" just broke any and all continuity in his words. He was also not a well versed ad libber, and I think that's the hallmark of a great speaker. Dude was glued to his teleprompter.

1. Obama
2. Bush
3/4. Trump/Biden. They are both horrendous fkr different reasons. I will say though, last night's speech was far better than I expected in terms of execution.

I thought Obama was slightly above average. He benefitted by being sandwiched between two complete morons (Bush II and Trump)

Not hard to look good compared to this

1. Obama
2. Bush

Obama became a much better speaker as his 8 years wore on. By the end, he was able to ad lib and was not as dependent upon the teleprompter.

Obama was a good public speaker? What characteristics are you referencing which you found him to do exceptionally?

He could come across as friendly, helpful and concerned. Now, he did have a condescending side as well, but for general speaking to a crowd, he could motivate them.

And gaff free, so that's helpful.

Reactions: McDad
He could come across as friendly, helpful and concerned. Now, he did have a condescending side as well, but for general speaking to a crowd, he could motivate them.

And gaff free, so that's helpful.
He was motivational and inspirational to an extent.

1. Obama
2. Bush

I would have thought your minor in college was sex, drugs and rock and roll...

As ad libbing goes, I think Trump was better than the other three. Scripted speeches, not so much. The problem with him was the lack of focus and context most of the time.

I think as voices go, Obama and Trump had good speaking voices you paid attention to for different reasons. Probably even honestly

I thought Obama was slightly above average. He benefitted by being sandwiched between two complete morons (Bush II and Trump)

Not hard to look good compared to this

the drugs and alcohol in his youth fried W.'s brain.

at least he had an excuse. Trump said the dumbest ass things and supposedly never used drugs or alcohol.

Armed with that knowledge, is a press conference really the place to be shouting out off the wall ideas for covid cures?

It reaches a wider audience including many in the medical and scientific communities than if he let it trickle down through Fauci. A dumb comment in the right mind can spin of some great stuff; apparently there is a matter of keeping the terminally stupid from getting ideas which may be more a condemnation of our educational system than anything else.

Reactions: hog88
I would have thought your minor in college was sex, drugs and rock and roll...

As ad libbing goes, I think Trump was better than the other three. Scripted speeches, not so much. The problem with him was the lack of focus and context most of the time.

I think as voices go, Obama and Trump had good speaking voices you paid attention to for different reasons. Probably even honestly

I couldn't posdibly disagree more with all of this. When Trump ad libs, he says stupid ass **** like "my African American over here" or the aforementioned disinfectant blunder. He's arguably the worst ad libber I've ever seen on a podium. His voice was awful. No projection from the diaphragm. He slurred like a drunk, sundowning buffoon more often than not, and only offered energy to those with IQ scores lower than the temperature outside right now.

Obama's greatest strength was his inflection and projection. He spoke with stoic resonance. It almost made up for the "uhhh" nonsense. It was like listening to Sinatra on a scratched CD

Reactions: Tastylicks
I couldn't posdibly disagree more with all of this. When Trump ad libs, he says stupid ass **** like "my African American over here" or the aforementioned disinfectant blunder. He's arguably the worst ad libber I've ever seen on a podium. His voice was awful. No projection from the diaphragm. He slurred like a drunk, sundowning buffoon more often than not, and only offered energy to those with IQ scores lower than the temperature outside right now.

Obama's greatest strength was his inflection and projection. He spoke with stoic resonance. It almost made up for the "uhhh" nonsense. It was like listening to Sinatra on a scratched CD

Trump's 'drunken uncle routine' really resonated with the drunk uncles of America though

Reactions: evillawyer

1. Obama
2. Bush

What???? Trump had a fantastic command of the English language. Don’t @ me because I was too lazy to use blue font.

I'd like to know you're thoughts on Reagan. One of the best in 70 years imo.

VN Store

Back