Goodell Upholds 4 Game Suspension For Brady

Can you point out where in the ruling the judge stated Brady didn't lie or obstruct the investigation?

So he has to explicitly state everything that Brady DIDN'T do? Point out where it affected the ruling.

Also you seem to have no problem with the things it said the NFL did and the ruling DID say the NFL did, which was that Brady was denied equal access to investigative files, including witness interview notes, and didn't have a chance to examine one of two lead investigators.

Reactions: 1 person
Again...can you provide the page and paragraph in the ruling where the judge stated Brady didn't lie or obstruct the investigation?

Did he say did explicitly DID do all those things?

No comment on the ruling explicitly saying the NFL did obstruct Brady from things pertaining to the investigation?

This is why America is the greatest country in the world. The GOAT got screwed by the commish because of whiny illogical fans, they went to court, and the GOAT is free.

#TouchdownTomIsFree

BTW, volbeast33, those two guys you said were fired are actually suspended and Schefter just said that the Pats are going to ask the NFL to reinstate them.

This is why America is the greatest country in the world. The GOAT got screwed by the commish because of whiny illogical fans, they went to court, and the GOAT is free.

#TouchdownTomIsFree

Free? Was Brady* in prison?

Last edited:
Again....the judge didn't seem too concerned with what you keep asserting.

The case was never about that, though, was it? I thought it was just about whether or not the NFL as an organization had overstepped its boundaries doling out that kind of punishment in the way it had.

The case was never about that, though, was it? I thought it was just about whether or not the NFL as an organization had overstepped its boundaries doling out that kind of punishment in the way it had.

From what I can tell, no.

But you would need to ask dobre_shunka why he's even bringing it up. I only responded to a question by him, I never said it was about that. dobre_shunka seems to think he's actually making some sort of point.

Yes, we do....that this does nothing to the laughable "integrity" of the game.

If the integrity is spotty everywhere (ranging from front offices all the way down to teams and players), should we really be defending an individual player? Rather, shouldn't we be critical of everyone involved?

BTW, volbeast33, those two guys you said were fired are actually suspended and Schefter just said that the Pats are going to ask the NFL to reinstate them.

That's good....they don't need to lose their job

From what I can tell, no.

But you would need to ask dobre_shunka why he's even bringing it up. I only responded to a question by him, I never said it was about that. dobre_shunka seems to think he's actually making some sort of point.

Gotcha. My bad; side commentary on my part :p

If the integrity is spotty everywhere (ranging from front offices all the way down to teams and players), should we really be defending an individual player? Rather, shouldn't we be critical of everyone involved?

I'm not sure I follow the point of your comment.

I think everyone involved should be criticized, but as far as defending one player, he's the one who was potentially being unfairly punished. So yes, he deserves a level of defense if one thinks he wasn't given a fair punishment.

So he has to explicitly state everything that Brady DIDN'T do? Point out where it affected the ruling.

Also you seem to have no problem with the things it said the NFL did and the ruling DID say the NFL did, which was that Brady was denied equal access to investigative files, including witness interview notes, and didn't have a chance to examine one of two lead investigators.

I think calling Goodell a "bumbling fool" might indicate I'm aware there are issues with the NFL and its punishment process. As I'm aware that Brady lied and destroyed evidence to cover up something that you're confident never happened.

So you're willing to admit Brady lied and actively obstructed an NFL investigation? Should there be a punishment for either of those?

I think calling Goodell a "bumbling fool" might indicate I'm aware there are issues with the NFL and its punishment process. As I'm aware that Brady lied and destroyed evidence to cover up something that you're confident never happened.

So you're willing to admit Brady lied and actively obstructed an NFL investigation? Should there be a punishment for either of those?

Brady did not destroy evidence. He was specifically told by Ted Wells they did not want his phone, only the relevant texts which Brady later provided. It's in the Wells Report.

Also, during the Bountygate investigation, Goodell refused to give up his phone.

Witch Hunt from the start, justice was served today.

Brady did not destroy evidence. He was specifically told by Ted Wells they did not want his phone, only the relevant texts which Brady later provided. It's in the Wells Report.

Also, during the Bountygate investigation, Goodell refused to give up his phone.

Witch Hunt from the start, justice was served today.

Which is why Brady lied about destroying his phone to the NFL. Innocent people frequently lie to demonstrate their truthfulness.

And that's also why the Patriots refused to make McNally available for a followup interview and suspended both him and Jastremski. Organizations with nothing to hide do things like that all the time.

Which is why Brady lied about destroying his phone to the NFL. Innocent people frequently lie to demonstrate their truthfulness.

And that's also why the Patriots refused to make McNally available for a followup interview and suspended both him and Jastremski. Organizations with nothing to hide do things like that all the time.

Where did Brady lie? Refresh my memory please.

Have you read the Wells Report? McNally was interviewed four times - one time for the entire day. They requested a fifth interview and the Patriots said no. Four times is plenty, doesn't sound to me like the Patriots were hiding anything to me.

You're pretty much taking a "prove to me you DID NOT do something" and making a crap ton of logical leaps, not to mention as pointed out, you're completely ignoring anything that contradicts the narrative you've made in your head.

Stop saying he obstructed the investigation by destroying his phone because as pointed out, he was specifically told they didn't need his phone. If he is told they don't need the phone and he destroys it, you can't piss and moan about him destroying it. That's not how it works.

I ask again, where in the judges' ruling did it explicitly say Brady DID do the things you are accusing him of?

It's pretty clear you know about 5% of what actually happened and made up the other 95% and are running with it, which is why I say you probably still think 11 of the 12 footballs were 2 lbs. under.

Have you read the Wells Report? McNally was interviewed four times - one time for the entire day. They requested a fifth interview and the Patriots said no. Four times is plenty, doesn't sound to me like the Patriots were hiding anything to me.

Brady said in testimony he destroys his phone every year and gets a new one, and later his lawyer said he told Brady to destroy it, or something to that effect.

Brady said in testimony he destroys his phone every year and gets a new one, and later his lawyer said he told Brady to destroy it, or something to that effect.

Thanks for clarifying. As I suspected, much ado about nothing.

It's funny seeing the Steelers and Colts fans on here trying to spin things. Of course, those are two fan bases who have seen their teams get owned by the Patriots for the last 15 years.

Colts fans are the worst, they talk about integrity when their team purposefully tanked an entire season. Shameful and shoddy organization.

Brady initially testified he destroys his phone every 8 months:
Tom Brady claims he smashes his cell phone every 8 months or so - CBSSports.com

"Brady testified that it is his practice to destroy (or give to his assistant to destroy) his cellphone and SIM cards when he gets a new cellphone."

Now he destroyed based on the advice of his agent:

Deflategate hearing begins with judge Richard M. Berman yet to decide on Tom Brady settlement case

Kessler claimed that the quarterback got rid of the phone on the advice of his agent to protect his privacy but had otherwise cooperated with the inquiry. However, in hindsight, "You're right, it could have been done a different way,'' the lawyer said of the phone.

Normal people don't destroy their phones but since he is a celebrity and celebs had their phones hacked, he can use it as an excuse

Have you read the Wells Report?

From page 9 of the Wells report:

Similarly, although Tom Brady appeared for a requested interview and answered
questions voluntarily, he declined to make available any documents or electronic information
(including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited
to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game
balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s
counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive
materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic
devices. Our inability to review contemporaneous communications and other documents in
Brady‟s possession and control related to the matters under review potentially limited the
discovery of relevant evidence and was not helpful to the investigation.

Thanks for clarifying. As I suspected, much ado about nothing.

It's funny seeing the Steelers and Colts fans on here trying to spin things. Of course, those are two fan bases who have seen their teams get owned by the Patriots for the last 15 years.

Colts fans are the worst, they talk about integrity when their team purposefully tanked an entire season. Shameful and shoddy organization.

The funny part is, it could actually be both; Brady might destroy his phone every year AND his lawyer told him to destroy it. At best, this is something he's latching onto because he's looking for reasons to be pissed off about this.

VN Store

Back