Helmet color for new "smokey" uniform

Would you keep the white helmet?

• Total voters
The white is classic. It announces 'We are Tennessee.' That's all it needs to do, especially once we get back to winning football. Those others are just fashion designers' discards. Instead of an "impressive" helmet or uniform, let's concentrate on an impressive football team.

Besides, with some people all of their taste is in their mouth.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep the helmet white but would not be upset if they did match the color to the uni.

Top left, top right, and bottom right are all solid. I'm not understanding the correlation some fans on here try to place on moving away from the traditional on occasion to wear an alternate a few times per year. Just because we like something new doesn't mean we hate or don't appreciate the old. "IF YOU LIKE THE NEW YOU MUST NOT THINK TRADITION IS GREAT." Hasty generalizations everywhere. It's possible to like more than one uniform.

Reactions: 1 person
I say keep the helmet white.

White undershirt, white primary gloves, white primary shoes and white primary socks from this uniform:

a1l.PNG

And it'd look good. I like the grey with orange/white piping but the other color has to have some uniformity to it. White helmet with orange undershirt/orange socks/orange shoes is too busy.

I'm ok with the White helmet, but the orange doesn't match the rest of the orange in the uniform in the video that was released. I"m sure they will fix that though. The helmet needs a facelift though.

I'm not really a fan of going too crazy like but the pics below are ones I would like. I even like the orange helmet for the grey jerseys.

Attachments

• helmet 1.jpg
    helmet 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 4
  • helmet 2.jpg
    helmet 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
  • orange helmet 3.jpg
    orange helmet 3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 person
Someone mentioned the cleats. Below is a screenshot from the video of the cleats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
If you don't like the new uniform, then go away.

Otherwise, would you keep the white helmet as advertised? Or, something different? I agree with many others who have commented that it should be some shade of smokey.

You don't keep the white helmet with these unis...obviously with our traditional orange and white unis you keep the orange helmet...

I love the jerseys, I love having them as an alternate for one or maybe two games of the season, but the orange and white should never go away for good...

Any of the 4 are better than what the Dolphins have done to their uni's and helmet!!!!

I think that is why the white outline is around the Orange #'s. As well as the white outline around the Power T, and orange and white stripes on the pants. Brings the Traditional helmet into the Uni. I dig!

Bottom right is the one. Top right looks silver. Top left is ok. Bottom left is a hell no.

the more I look at it the more I like the white...I think if you kept the white and outlined the orange stripe with smokey then it would be fire!

IMO, traditional white power T helmet WITH grey uniforms for road games; Start a new tradition and introduce black (not grey, which would be hokey) power T helmets with the smoky grey uniforms for home games to signify DOOM for all teams who come to play us at Neyland. That would be a good blend of tradition and innovation.

White. Are Vols heading in direction of unis from Oregon, Maryland & those abominations Georgia wore against Boise?

Very Very rough photoshop of what I would have liked better...

Too much gray. The white outlines, stripes on the pants, and cleats work nicely to pull the helmet into the rest of the uniform. It brings attention to the helmet and shouts "We Are UT!" I say keep the helmet.

VN Store

Back