Helmet sticker on the way?

I don't see how a small 63 sticker on the back of the helmet could upset anyone. It won't even be noticeable most of the time.

Reactions: 3 people
Nothing at all wrong with it. But, I'd expect there to be a sticker for every player who puts forth the effort and performance the staff is demanding. In a given week, it might be one or it could be a dozen...

Reserving opinion until I see in action

osu+helmet.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It's one small sticker for one guy each week. I don't understand the big deal.

It's not tradition. We're TN we need to stick to tradition, blah blah blah.

haha. If it makes them play better and more motivated and creates WINS do whatever.

This gives players something to be proud of. Not like he's letting that person have a free week of practice for a good game. The sticker would show effort. Everyone wants to be reconized for hard work

Again team sport, everyone on field is working hard and showing effort.

I think velo vol GETS IT... That T should be enough to motivate a player. With that said if butch thinks its a good idea I'm all for it

Understandable. I think it's more to reward individuals that have gone over and beyond others on the field. Sporting that "T" is a privilege and a honor.

I think it's a good psychological method to get players to produce more than anything.

So a sticker makes you a winner and without one you're what, a loser? a slacker?

No but this is just another motivational tool. Like the Vol Olympics and the individual awards handed out during the OW game for hard work during the spring. This is just a little something that this staff is doing to ensure max effort from a team that is probably less talented than 6 of the twelve teams they play this year. I dig it.

I don't see how a small 63 sticker on the back of the helmet could upset anyone. It won't even be noticeable most of the time.

Exactly...CBJ is simply trying to motivate his players. How great would it be to get the "63" sticker after a win over Florida or Alabama, for example. It's not as if he's coming up with something that makes absolutely no sense at all, like "Anchor Down."

Reactions: 2 people
Winning a game should be motivation to play well. Not a damn sticker.

If CBJ returns us to our former recruiting glory we'll still only be EVEN talent wise with at least 4 other SEC schools. It's the slightest things that may make the difference and those in the motivational business understand this. It's commonly referred to as " getting it".

Exactly...CBJ is simply trying to motivate his players. How great would it be to get the "63" sticker after a win over Florida or Alabama, for example. It's not as if he's coming up with something that makes absolutely no sense at all, like "Anchor Down."

anchor down is dumb but brick by brick is ok.. i see the logic if ut does it then great but if another coach has the same way to motivate via a slogan its stupid... vn at its best...lol

one sticker im ok with but at some point u have to quit using gimmicks etc n just perform at a high level because thats the culture. r we there yet???? i dont know

So A person that is clearly giving 110% shouldn't be reconized at all?

Hate to break it to Sport but no one can really give more than 100%. I said I didn't like stickers not there should be any recognition. Isn't 102,000 Volunteer fans all clad in orange cheering for you enough?

Things happen on the field because of teamwork. Last week Neal scores on his long run because of the blocking at the point of attack and down field.

Neal, who had the longest run of his career on the 46-yard TD run in the first quarter against Austin Peay, credits that success not to himself, but to his teammates for helping him get there.

Redshirt freshman wide receiver Jason Croom saw that gratitude firsthand.
"He thanked me for that block," said Croom. "If you look you can see he gave me a long hug in the end zone."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back