Henry T Says

What if the fact is they've let them compete and JG is the best option, what then? Either this coaching staff is incompetent or JG is the best option which in turn means they can't develop a good qb or recruit the position. We have a lot riding on HB when he's ready, but what if he's not next year. The bottom could very well fall out.
Trust me..... there was NEVER a competition.

They sure as hell should be able to block people for at least a moment instead of letting people run right by them. That includes our RBs and TEs who let people just zip right by them. And oh yeah Einstein JG can throw down field when he has time considering that's where our two offensive TDs came from. But keep telling yourself whatever you have to so you can keep your immature hate agenda going.
But he needs to much time that a good team will not give. JG needs 5 second's you got be at 3 to 4 and quick release and quick decision making.

Idk.... ask him. But it’s obvious he has a loyalty to him when he’s been a key reason for mediocrity for the past 4 years and he’s shown no interest in developing anyone else. Do you realize the following?:

2018- a near loss to Charlotte wasn’t enough. A blowout loss to WVU wasn’t enough vs a big 12 defense. A blowout loss to Florida wasn’t enough. A blowout to Alabama and Georgia was not enough.

2019- a loss to GAST wasn’t enough. A loss to BYU wasn’t enough. Another blowout to Florida wasn’t enough. So he took it one step farther and called his own number vs Alabama and that STILL WASNT ENOUGH! But let a FRESHMAN throw the ball into dbl coverage once or twice and he can’t pull the cord fast enough.

Now convince me he doesn’t have a personal attachment.......I’ll wait.
I think what you are mistaking blind loyalty for is actually the simple fact that we have no one else better. I've seen nothing on the field and heard nothing from anyone inside or outside this program that would lead me to believe anything different. And that is a big concern to me. If I'm a qb I avoid this staff because they can't develop me, s much as I love the Vols that's the decision I'd make for me or my son in that position.

Reactions: 08Vol
Even before the defense got gassed they let a mediocre offense make too many big plays. The middle of the defense is major concern. They played their guts out though, at least they showed up. Whereas only two offensive players bothered to show up (JG and Palmer)

Speaking from UGA Country (I live in GA), I can confirm that most UGA fans are very glad JG showed up. Without his 4 turnovers and the points UGA scored off of them, there's a chance this was a much closer game than it was.

Fact is, JG's ability as a QB does not strike fear in the heart of any DC or defense in the SEC. UGA just showed the world how to stop the UT offense: Sell out against the run; pressure JG; make him beat you. The odds are heavily in favor of the defense, as both history have proved and yesterday affirmed.

Throwing two TD passes is nice, but in the end here it tends to mask the fact that you gifted the opposing team 13 points against the 14 you put up. Not to mention any ponts UT might have scored on the 4 drives you turned the ball over on.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with how JG "showed up" yesterday.

So if he said what was expected why come in here telling everyone how they should feel because a play gave a politically correct answer to the press

I'm just trying to help some immature children grow tf up and stop spewing nonsense everywhere. It's annoying and that toxic **** is tainting this website. And it wasn't just political, it was real. The truth.

Speaking from UGA Country (I live in GA), I can confirm that most UGA fans are very glad JG showed up. Without his 4 turnovers and the points UGA scored off of them, there's a chance this was a much closer game than it was.

Fact is, JG's ability as a QB does not strike fear in the heart of any DC or defense in the SEC. UGA just showed the world how to stop the UT offense: Sell out against the run; pressure JG; make him beat you. The odds are heavily in favor of the defense, as both history have proved and yesterday affirmed.

Throwing two TD passes is nice, but in the end here it tends to mask the fact that you gifted the opposing team 13 points against the 14 you put up. Not to mention any ponts UT might have scored on the 4 drives you turned the ball over on.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with how JG "showed up" yesterday.

At least he showed up. Where was everyone else on offense other than Palmer

Why on earth would Jeremy Pruitt had a blind loyalty to JG a guy he didn't even recruit? What sense does that make? Go on I'll wait. Pruitt has shown he puts the best player on the field regardless of how experienced they are. Freshmen play all the time.
I'll tell you there's no way JG is the best QB on the roster

I think what you are mistaking blind loyalty for is actually the simple fact that we have no one else better. I've seen nothing on the field and heard nothing from anyone inside or outside this program that would lead me to believe anything different. And that is a big concern to me. If I'm a qb I avoid this staff because they can't develop me, s much as I love the Vols that's the decision I'd make for me or my son in that position.
But think about it. What have you heard and from who? You’ve heard JG is the best option from JP (a defensive coordinator by trade). You’ve never heard that from our proven qb coaches. You’ve heard JG is the best from the media that is not allowed to watch practices AND Pruitt has control of what they report and what they don’t. We heard the same things last year and once Pruitt was FORCED to make a change Maurer showed that his evaluation may have been a little “off”. The same defense that just destroyed us was Maurers first start last year. You can’t say different team for UGA without agreeing that UT wasn’t as good as we are now. Maurer threw for more yards in a half than JG did the entire game.

Why on earth would Jeremy Pruitt had a blind loyalty to JG a guy he didn't even recruit? What sense does that make? Go on I'll wait. Pruitt has shown he puts the best player on the field regardless of how experienced they are. Freshmen play all the time.
Good question...

Yet, it's the truth.

I think he doesn't care for the Tennessee Vols to ever reach what they once were.

Or he's just really stubborn to a fault

It's called being professional when in front of the Mic hence why he is allowed to talk to the media. If one doesn't honestly think that the boys don't talk and place blame on others in the locker room than I will show you, someone, that has never played real competitive ball. You hold those accountable you just don't put it on display for the world to see. What did one expect To'o To'o to say? You cannot argue his turnovers didn't put pressure on the defense. If TO's weren't made would the D have made as many mistakes or would have they even been in that situation? Causality is possible in football. Sometimes the blame can be placed on one individual. JP said it himself in his presser, you don't win games with three turnovers, and just who did commit those turnovers?

But think about it. What have you heard and from who? You’ve heard JG is the best option from JP (a defensive coordinator by trade). You’ve never heard that from our proven qb coaches. You’ve heard JG is the best from the media that is not allowed to watch practices AND Pruitt has control of what they report and what they don’t. We heard the same things last year and once Pruitt was FORCED to make a change Maurer showed that his evaluation may have been a little “off”. The same defense that just destroyed us was Maurers first start last year. You can’t say different team for UGA without agreeing that UT wasn’t as good as we are now. Maurer threw for more yards in a half than JG did the entire game.
We had better receivers last year hands down. The o line is better this year but the Georgia defense this year is much better than last. Maurer showed some promise but also showed he could not hold up physically last year.

Good question...

Yet, it's the truth.

I think he doesn't care for the Tennessee Vols to ever reach what they once were.

Or he's just really stubborn to a fault
So he's either purposefully sabotaging this team or he's incompetent?

Even before the defense got gassed they let a mediocre offense make too many big plays. The middle of the defense is major concern. They played their guts out though, at least they showed up. Whereas only two offensive players bothered to show up (JG and Palmer)
Statistically, UGA had the yardage edge in the first half also. The margin of our lead was created by a total gift bad snap touchdown. As you say, outside of two great plays by JG and Palmer, none of our offensive effort in the first half was worth writing home about either and our second offensive TD was set up by Smart's asinine decision to try and quarterback sneak on 4th down with a 5'10, 175lb. QB. People need to realize that recruits and their families read these boards, it doesn't help our cause recruiting wise to see one of our players scapegoated and crucified in this way. Particularly when there is so much blame to go around and the poor kids offensive line got manhandled despite all those stars.

Here’s a couple of things that bother me more about yesterday than anything else.
1) We have been a poor tackling team for a decade now . Yesterday I saw way too many guys hitting the chest not the hips. I’m sure it’s not taught that way but it sure is our mo right now.
2) We have had an immobile qb forever why do we insist on running zone plays. They don’t work as effectively if the qb is not a run threat to freeze the de and linebacker. Also we’re running a offense at + 1-2 defenders in the box. It dosent work. When we do pass it is predicated off long down and distance and takes too long to get open thus the fumbles and interception.
especially when everyone whiffs on the guy coming in full steam from the blind side

We had better receivers last year hands down. The o line is better this year but the Georgia defense this year is much better than last. Maurer showed some promise but also showed he could not hold up physically last year.
Based on what? The hit vs UGA? He got up and wanted back in. The freak accident that gave him a concussion? Head injuries are not “physical” injuries. So I’m wondering where he showed he couldn’t hold up physically.....🤔

Based on what? The hit vs UGA? He got up and wanted back in. The freak accident that gave him a concussion? Head injuries are not “physical” injuries. So I’m wondering where he showed he couldn’t hold up physically.....🤔
There were two concussions which led to them shutting him down for the year.

Uh take 2 seconds and look at the board. Tons of people are and it's beyond ridiculous.

There were many reasons we lost that game, yes JG had bad plays but to think he's the main reason we loss is insanity

He's not the main reason, but he's a close 2nd

VN Store

Back