Henry T Says

Too much Bama in his blood...
🙄

Seriously. No coach would keep Gaurantano in the way he does...
Honestly, I think the guy is just ultra conservative, at least offensively, and has a hard, if not impossible, time letting go of that. If he doesn't find some kind of median between the two, it may eventually cost him his job.

Insanity is sticking with him. In fact that’s the exact definition. I know JG isn’t the only reason and you’ll never hear me say that however I understand the feeling that it’s time to move on. JP promised these kids a “a chance to compete” and that’s true at every other position except qb and that equates to a lie.[/QUOTE]

Glad you posted that. I have said before, it is a bad signal to send to QB recruits when they do not see other QBs not even being given a chance. I think if I was Shrout I would have already transferred.
You can say that he has not won that right to play in his practice, but some QBs play better in games than they do in practice.

Maybe "better" but not good enough to win or even come within a score better though. You take away those two turnovers to start the half and all it does it take away 6 points for UGA. So in essence we lose 38-21 instead best case scenario

You have posted several incomplete thoughts in this thread but this one takes the cake.

Reactions: tnvols72

Parents and coaches get equally pissed when their sons and players are mislead. I don’t believe he intentionally “lied” to Maurer. I do believe he wasn’t happy with the position in 2018. However it became a lie when he didn’t hold a competition as a result. After watching last year I think it’s obvious that HB was lied to because JP never intended to hold a competition nor give the opportunity to compete.

The upside to your comment is recruits are young and most don’t read any deeper than the surface of what they see. They see JG and think it’s an easy route to PT. However the down side is those recruits have parents and coaches that are watching closely. If I had known then what I know now...........

Parents and coaches get equally pissed when their sons and players are mislead. I don’t believe he intentionally “lied” to Maurer. I do believe he wasn’t happy with the position in 2018. However it became a lie when he didn’t hold a competition as a result. After watching last year I think it’s obvious that HB was lied to because JP never intended to hold a competition nor give the opportunity to compete.

The upside to your comment is recruits are young and most don’t read any deeper than the surface of what they see. They see JG and think it’s an easy route to PT. However the down side is those recruits have parents and coaches that are watching closely. If I had known then what I know now...........
As far as HB goes, I really believe this whole covid fiasco has screwed him worst of all and that's really nobody's fault..

Reactions: 1vol8
As far as HB goes, I really believe this whole covid fiasco has screwed him worst of all and that's really nobody's fault..
Yes. But all it did was buy him time for the fan base to not give up on him. As far as skill is concerned he’s not what people think.

Have you read this board?
yeah, there are lots of people who say he deserves a lot of it. But almost all of them mention
OL as being a huge part of it too. And I tend to agree. He started us off in the worst way second half with a backfoot interception. The OL did a crappy job entire game, but still. Gotta protect the ball. He's a game managing qb. Main reason we lost is Georgia having no respect for the pass and sending the house and stacking the box all the time. If we just put in a running back to take snaps in the 2nd half we would've done better. Because they wouldn't have adjusted their game plan, that's how little they respect the pass from us.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
With that oline performance dude, no QB in the world would of played any better. You're delusional if you think otherwise.
this x1000 they were pinning their ears back and chasing him like a greased hog

Fair assessment.

Still he has a very good football mind.

Listen even UKs coach would have changed QBs and ran wildcat all game until punt or score.

It's not sabotage. It's Pruitt thinking this program is his plaything...
Being a good football mind and being a good football coach aren't always the same thing. There are a lot of great football minds that aren't suited to be head coaches. In fact if what you believe of if Pruitt is true it might very well mean he is better suited as a coordinator and not a head coach.

I'm not sure what to think. In some cases I think he's done things very well, in others I admit I'm starting to have some questions.

🙄

Honestly, I think the guy is just ultra conservative, at least offensively, and has a hard, if not impossible, time letting go of that. If he doesn't find some kind of median between the two, it may eventually cost him his job.

You are probably closer to the truth than I am.

Yes. He had a minor concussion from MSU and re aggravated the same injury with the cheap shot from Alabama.
My understanding of the way that works is it would be classified as a second concussion. And based on what I've read rushing back to soon and causing the brain to be concussed before healed can be even more damaging. But couldn't that also be read as them shutting him down? I think we're splitting hairs here.

Any I'm not trying to come off as a smart arse, I'm just attempting to reason this out. Just the way my mind works.

Yes. But all it did was buy him time for the fan base to not give up on him. As far as skill is concerned he’s not what people think.

You think he isn't close to ready? I wouldn't be surprised due to the way this season unfolded.

You think he isn't close to ready? I wouldn't be surprised due to the way this season unfolded.
I don't even want to entertain the idea that he isn't ready to lead this offense next year at a high level.

When you lose as badly as we did yesterday, there’s no need for a scapegoat. That loss isn’t on Guarantano. He was a big part, but it’s not on him. We just got whipped by a superior team. It didn’t matter who was behind center. A loss like this would have been deflating for me in the past, but this team has improved dramatically under Pruitt. I’m still confident that this will be a good season.
Of course the loss us not solely on him. The point is we'll never beat GA and Ala as long as he's QB. None of our other QBs woulda led us to beat GA, but any of them would likely win us more games going forward than JG. The deficits hes had for four years he still has and he aint getting any better. It should be obvious even to his fans that he hasn't improved in the areas that continue to plague him.

What was he supposed to say??😑

Oh so you think he's just sayinh that because it's the politically correct answer? I for one believe him, I believe in this team and that it's a good culture now. Henry T himself blew some plays Saturday.

The backups didn't have a longer leash than JG. Why would they? They hadn't earned it. If you're coming in to TAKE a job, you have to be heads and shoulders better to take it. Just being equal or slightly below the guy you're going in for isn't going to cut it.

You have to develop them or let them get enough experience to get settled in. They should have a longer leash for the fact they’re not a redshirt senior with years of experience. It’s stupidity to not let them even get settled in enough to make some throws before pulling them.

My understanding of the way that works is it would be classified as a second concussion. And based on what I've read rushing back to soon and causing the brain to be concussed before healed can be even more damaging. But couldn't that also be read as them shutting him down? I think we're splitting hairs here.

Any I'm not trying to come off as a smart arse, I'm just attempting to reason this out. Just the way my mind works.
Maybe so. But I wouldn’t think so. A concussion is just a bruise on the brain. I don’t see how making said bruise bigger would equal 2 but I’m no doctor either. I think they did just “shut him down” once they realized that he may have come back too soon. If it wasn’t for the MSU situation I have a hard time believing the Alabama hit would’ve effected him.

I don’t think he’s as talented as the others. He has the weakest arm in the room. He can’t run. Can’t throw off platform or from a dirty pocket. His best chance is an elite o line and the mental game to beat out Maurer and possibly even Shrout.

Just watch the game. The point is you can't let people run right by you unblocked all game long. We looked like a bunch of high schoolers trying to block NFL players

Sure they whiffed some of the time but they can’t hold one of the best defenses for 10 seconds. JG had no awareness and tried very little to get away in the second half. Sacks, turnovers, fumbles. The majority of that is on him.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back