Henry T Says

I'm just trying to help some immature children grow tf up and stop spewing nonsense everywhere. It's annoying and that toxic **** is tainting this website. And it wasn't just political, it was real. The truth.
This is a place for people to talk about their favorite team, vent and cheer. They don't have to agree with your opinions, quit getting so upset just because people don't agree with you. You can beat your chest, cuss and yell all you want but you aren't changing anyone's mind

I’m saying Pruitt is a good coach but his pride is getting in his way by getting involved in a position group he has no experience in.
That would make him incompetent. Preventing the team from being successful because of pride qualifies in my book. And if I'm a position coach in that situation I'm leaving, going anywhere else I can.

It was one concussion. He came back too soon the next week vs Alabama and took a cheap shot to his head once Saban seen enough.
So he took a shot and had more concussion symptoms?

I agree 100 percent. I still think it's time to move on from JG tho. I have been one bbn of his defenders, but at this point I think it's best if we just move on and get experience for whoever's is gonna start next year. I highly doubt that would change how many games we win and it puts us in a better spot next season. I will be pissed if Pruitt sticks with JG all year and starts bailey game 1 next season.

That would make him incompetent. Preventing the team from being successful because of pride qualifies in my book. And if I'm a position coach in that situation I'm leaving, going anywhere else I can.

Fair assessment.

Still he has a very good football mind.

Listen even UKs coach would have changed QBs and ran wildcat all game until punt or score.

It's not sabotage. It's Pruitt thinking this program is his plaything...

Call it what you wish but most new HCs have the same problem. They think they have to control EVERYTHING. It isn’t until they realize they don’t that they become the best coach they can be. That’s where entrusting in your staff becomes just as important as the hire itself.

At least he showed up. Where was everyone else on offense other than Palmer

The defense played a heckuva first half, IMO. Ditto for the goal-line stand. They showed up.

With TOP trending 2-1 in favor of UGA in the 2nd half, the defense simply ran out of gas. But show up they did.

UGA still has a talent advantage across the board. But I remember the exact point in the game where I turned to my wife and said "Look at JG's eyes. He's lost. He will end up turning the ball over at least twice, the defense is gassed, and UGA will end up boatracing us in the 4th."

Maybe I should have went and bought a PowerBall ticket, because that's exactly what happened. JG's QBR, which is about as fair a metric as you can find on QB performance, tells the tale. His overall QBR; year by year QBR; and 2020 QBR (to this point) are middle of the pack in the SEC. Right now, I think he's 25th overall in the NCAA. So he's a Top 25 QB. The pollsters think this is a borderline Top 15 team.

This team will look completely different next year when they have a QB who can make quick reads and quick, accurate throws. JG seems to always be anywhere from 0.5 to 1.0 seconds slow on his reads and release when he's pressured. And he has no feel at all for backside pressure. Those are the weaknesses that get you clobbered by the likes if UGA, Bama, and UF.

As his QBR against all three so accurately points out.

Go Vols.

Only one person needs to shoulder blame IMHO. The buck starts and stops with Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Everything that happens or doesn’t happen is ultimately on him. And I think he would be the first person to agree with this. It is a team loss and it is his team.

True. But if we can’t run the ball, just a little, very few QBs can win against elite defenses.

Sometimes, you have to start with the quick hitters to slow the LB's down. Yesterday would have been a good time to do that. You can also roll the pocket to help your QB. None of that happened yesterday. I don't know how much of that is on the staff, but JG ended up playing exactly like I was afraid he would.

Only one person needs to shoulder blame IMHO. The buck starts and stops with Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Everything that happens or doesn’t happen is ultimately on him. And I think he would be the first person to agree with this. It is a team loss and it is his team.

Too much Bama in his blood...

Seriously. No coach would keep Gaurantano in the way he does...

Sometimes, you have to start with the quick hitters to slow the LB's down. Yesterday would have been a good time to do that. You can also roll the pocket to help your QB. None of that happened yesterday. I don't know how much of that is on the staff, but JG ended up playing exactly like I was afraid he would.

Yeah. Many things could have been done to slow them down. And we have to remember that defense was legit and sometimes you can't do anything about that....just more talented.
What you CAN do if your'e QB is have ball security.

What people may not realize is that this game would not have been as close as it was if Kirby Smart had not made two horrible coaching decisions in the first half. He set us up with that stupid 4th down decision. Against a better opponent it would have probably cost him.

So what you're saying is that since the whole team is underperforming then Pruitt must have no idea what he is doing? Defense can't tackle or take a proper angle, not to mention actually covering a guy without committing a penalty. Team was pathetic yesterday and I'm pretty sick of not even being in the damn game by the end of it. Pruitt's seat is hot right now IMO, and if he can't prove he can even compete with the big boys then it's time to finally cut bait when we should and the pony up the cash for an actual coach.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Too much Bama in his blood...

Seriously. No coach would keep Gaurantano in the way he does...

This is the real head-scratcher for me. Is it because JG is a really good "Practice QB"? Does he make all of the throws when they don't count?

I have no idea, but something has to change, and it doesn't look like it's going to be JG, so...

I'd make the change after the Bama game. Gives you time to find the best option; UT should be able to beat UK (please, Lord) with JG at QB; and we don't have the team or QB to beat Bama yet, so...use that time to identify and then coach up the next starter, or two. UT should be 3-2 at the halfway point, so then you have 5 games against SEC opponents to set up your QB depth chart entering the 2021 season.

At this point, we know what JG can, and cannot do. It's time to start thinking about the future, and finding a QB who can take UT to the next level.

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back