Henry T Says

I don’t think he’s as talented as the others. He has the weakest arm in the room. He can’t run. Can’t throw off platform or from a dirty pocket. His best chance is an elite o line and the mental game to beat out Maurer and possibly even Shrout.
Ok Gary

Reactions: tnvols72
Sometimes, you have to start with the quick hitters to slow the LB's down. Yesterday would have been a good time to do that. You can also roll the pocket to help your QB. None of that happened yesterday. I don't know how much of that is on the staff, but JG ended up playing exactly like I was afraid he would.

after five years we know exactly what JG can and can not do....rolling the pocket ain’t one.
what frustrates me the most is not having a backup ready, Covid or no Covid, by October.
if Maurer and Shrout are THAT bad And HB isn’t ready, we should have found a JC or grad transfer.

Everyone wears orange, they lost as a team.

Now quit putting blame on one guy. Grow up. That's all.
All the blame doesn't go on one guy. Everyone made mistakes. But JG's impact was bigger than the rest... and probably bigger than the rest combined. The fumbles and INT hurt. What hurt much more is that UGA didn't respect him. They didn't believe he could beat them over the top enough to win the game. They didn't believe he could burn them when they blitzed. They knew he doesn't anticipate throws well or throw guys open.

Knowing all this they were able to load the box and blitz at will.

It wasn't as much what he "did" as what he cannot do.

I don’t think he’s as talented as the others. He has the weakest arm in the room. He can’t run. Can’t throw off platform or from a dirty pocket. His best chance is an elite o line and the mental game to beat out Maurer and possibly even Shrout.
That's concerning if true. Well it would be par for the course though. I guess really good qb prospects would steer clear of this program.

Reactions: igotworms and 1vol8
What he did. Because it's the truth. Even a guy like Henry T who played a very good game had a couple bad plays Saturday.
Henry is a great player and I wished we had 2 dozen just like him but he got burned a couple of times in coverage. Now I know that happens to even great players but one time he went with an outside shoulder lean from the slot (I think) and the receiver cut back to the middle wide open for a long completion. So he's not just paying company dues...there is massive blame for the whole team...starting with the OL at the top of that list!

Even before the defense got gassed they let a mediocre offense make too many big plays. The middle of the defense is major concern. They played their guts out though, at least they showed up. Whereas only two offensive players bothered to show up (JG and Palmer)
Mediocre? Their QB plays like Doug Flutie. Accurate, quick reads, runs when he must and is a leader.

That's concerning if true. Well it would be par for the course though. I guess really good qb prospects would steer clear of this program.
You may be right at this point but I do know we have one that was seriously underrated. It’s up to Pruitt to give him a chance or not but right now he’s there. What he does with his opportunities is up to him and they’ll define his legacy.

All the blame doesn't go on one guy. Everyone made mistakes. But JG's impact was bigger than the rest... and probably bigger than the rest combined. The fumbles and INT hurt. What hurt much more is that UGA didn't respect him. They didn't believe he could beat them over the top enough to win the game. They didn't believe he could burn them when they blitzed. They knew he doesn't anticipate throws well or throw guys open.

Thorough response.

The oline was the main reason we lost the game. It's clear as day. The oline themselves would probably admit that.

That’s what you expect your leader to say. Looks like we only have one true leader on this team because he’s the one consistent force week in and week out. It’s clear the defense is following his lead. Who’s going to step up and match his leadership on offense? I fear that we have none.

Can we all just agree that Georgia is really good and has a TON of talent?
We just aren't deep enough to last 60min with the Georgias and Bamas... Doesn't meant this is a bad football team.
I just hope that by some miracle, we are 7-2 going into week 10 against UF.

Uh take 2 seconds and look at the board. Tons of people are and it's beyond ridiculous.

There were many reasons we lost that game, yes JG had bad plays but to think he's the main reason we loss is insanity
If you can't see JG is the main problem you probably need to watch more football.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Can we all just agree that Georgia is really good and has a TON of talent?
We just aren't deep enough to last 60min with the Georgias and Bamas... Doesn't meant this is a bad football team.
I just hope that by some miracle, we are 7-2 going into week 10 against UF.
If you would have asked us fans prior to the start of the season I'm sure everyone would have took that

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Do you honestly believe they are given the same leniency that JG is given? It seems that every other QB had a much short leash than JG.
Not seems, plain fact. Neither Maurer nor Shrout got one-tenth the rope that JG did - one mistake or even almost-mistake and they got yanked, whereas JG can make bad throw after bad throw, have multiple turnovers in a game, etc. and keeps getting trotted out there. At this point it's an insult to the intelligence of any halfway-knowledgeable Vol fan, it's an insult and a disservice to the rest of the team, and it's irresponsible toward the future of this football program.

VN Store

Back