Here is what we are competing against.

College football that I have loved and watched since 1967 is gone. The pussification of sports (targeting,blind-side block, pass-interference, etc., ) have made it impossible to play defense. Flopping called by coaches has made good players look like woosies sitting down in the middle of a game 3 or 4 times a game. No loyalty, portal is always one step away of someone isn’t playing or gets mad. I’ve lost lots of interest in the past 2 years.
How does the illegalization of blindside blocks hurt defenses?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I hope UT never coughs up one dime for NIL.
That is against NCAA rules and would be caught faster than Conehead throwing cash.
There remains the disconnect of universities and payments to players that will be fully honored by all schools. No school wants to open the question of an employee/employer relationship.
NIL is not about schools paying players.

Totally agree

So masking big money pay outs under "NIL deals." Looks like someone didn't think this through.

Come play for _____, we'll get you $1 million dollars to say, "Shop at Bob Johnson's Ford, Lincoln, Mercury!"
...oh, and play football for us, but that's your decision.

Only Now, The schools can orchestrate the Boosters Paying Out Millions and it's LEGAL! That is a huge problem developing.
No it’s not! But it’s happening and there’s really nothing anyone can do about without evidence.
Can’t pay em to play and schools can’t get involved and use it as a recruiting reward, pretty much the only rules,
And being completely ignored

There is a reason we are seeing the offensive explosions we are. Defenses are somewhat handicapped now.
Blindside blocks are used AGAINST players in the act of defense. Even in an interception return, the player getting jacked is trying to stop the ball carrier.

College football that I have loved and watched since 1967 is gone. The pussification of sports (targeting,blind-side block, pass-interference, etc., ) have made it impossible to play defense. Flopping called by coaches has made good players look like woosies sitting down in the middle of a game 3 or 4 times a game. No loyalty, portal is always one step away of someone isn’t playing or gets mad. I’ve lost lots of interest in the past 2 years.

I think that's exactly where Herbstreit and Des Howard were coming from when they made those remarks that got everyone's panties twisted up .The easier it is to reneg on their commitments and more money that gets thrown into the mix, the less they care about repping their state or the game in general. It's not the same game anymore for sure.

Reactions: Volnuck
Fox Sports host Colin Cowherd weighed-in on the news,
"Caleb Williams can make more money short-term going to Auburn or Georgia. There is a certain SEC school, [that] I wont name, that is now giving one million dollars promised to five-star recruits," Cowherd said Wednesday on The Herd.

This is the new landscape and that is our competition. Ridiculous.

Equally ridiculous is what is going on in the transfer portal. It's crazy.

I’ve got no problem with it. We can compete with anyone.

I am surprised LSU is so low. Surely there are some wealthy alumn down there.
I too was surprised at LSU listed that low. If there is big oil money in TX, seems like there would be some in LA, too.

But the other dude had a point about brain drain leaving LA. Gone to DFW, Atlanta, FL panhandle -- yet, seems it wouldn't matter where they lived if they are life-long LSU fans, could still support.

Reactions: HooahVol
I wonder if the flame burns out though? College football is essentially kept up by big money boosters. How long can they keep throwing money at 18-20 year old kids? It's not really like the NFL where you are buying into the team and increasing ROI. College football is just their passion and toy really. They won't be seeing a real ROI here will they?
I believe the players will unionize. Demand money from tv. Strikes and lockouts are down the road

Reactions: b_gann and KptVFL
No it’s not! But it’s happening and there’s really nothing anyone can do about without evidence.
Can’t pay em to play and schools can’t get involved and use it as a recruiting reward, pretty much the only rules,
And being completely ignored
What's not legal about the NIL? And where does it say the Schools can't "Direct" the NIL Player/Booster Association? Of course it's pay for play but the NIL basically legalized it. The Rich get richer, without any consequences. Show me where I'm wrong, as the ncaa has basically passed on the issue.

Read much about A&M's latest class? Scuttlebutt is they doubled what our group offered to Nolen in NIL if he went to the Texas instead.

Salary caps and legislation are going to have to happen, just not sure from who. The NCAA has no power.
College football has to fundamentally change from the amateur NCAA model to a for profit business model. Unless I’m mistaken, the NFL is exempt from antitrust laws. I could see a new organization forming with player bargaining rights, salary caps, etc. The truth is, if players were good enough, they have been getting paid for a long time. This even happened at the Division II level of the major sports. Whether it ruins college football or not we will see, but for sure college football has changed forever.

What's not legal about the NIL? And where does it say the Schools can't "Direct" the NIL Player/Booster Association? Of course it's pay for play but the NIL basically legalized it. The Rich get richer, without any consequences. Show me where I'm wrong, as the ncaa has basically passed on the issue.[

/“While opening name, image and likeness opportunities to student-athletes, the policy in all three divisions preserves the commitment to avoid pay-for-play and improper inducements tied to choosing to attend a particular school. Those rules remain in effect”.

of course like I said all rules are being ignored by some.

I believe the players will unionize. Demand money from tv. Strikes and lockouts are down the road
Will not happen as long as schools do not pay players.
I think a few mid west teams tried that already and were told that if they did not approve of the scholarship deals they agreed to then they certainly can play football elsewhere.

Football fans are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Perhaps those that scream NIL will ruin fubal do not consider the benefit of having an established precedence of the boosters paying players as private contractors, not as employees being paid to play football.

Will not happen as long as schools do not pay players.
I think a few mid west teams tried that already and were told that if they did not approve of the scholarship deals they agreed to then they certainly can play football elsewhere.

Football fans are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Perhaps those that scream NIL will ruin fubal do not consider the benefit of having an established precedence of the boosters paying players as private contractors, not as employees being paid to play football.
Certain schools looked at the idea……it will take a while, but I think all players will join.

Certain schools looked at the idea……it will take a while, but I think all players will join.
But they would be a union fighting college football in a country that is not pro union.
Big business college football vs start-up players union.
Who wins??

But they would be a union fighting college football in a country that is not pro union.
Big business college football vs start-up players union.
Who wins??

I’m not sure the “winner” matters. It’s the destruction left In the wake that will matter

VN Store

Back