Here is what we are competing against.

I hope UT never coughs up one dime for NIL.
That is against NCAA rules and would be caught faster than Conehead throwing cash.
There remains the disconnect of universities and payments to players that will be fully honored by all schools. No school wants to open the question of an employee/employer relationship.
NIL is not about schools paying players.
The schools connect you with NIL opportunities (boosters for those schools). NIL can be signed but usually comes into effect after the season starts.
It’s as simple as that.

College football has to fundamentally change from the amateur NCAA model to a for profit business model. Unless I’m mistaken, the NFL is exempt from antitrust laws. I could see a new organization forming with player bargaining rights, salary caps, etc. The truth is, if players were good enough, they have been getting paid for a long time. This even happened at the Division II level of the major sports. Whether it ruins college football or not we will see, but for sure college football has changed forever.
Ya, I would prefer to see a more equal opportunity to excel in recruiting. We don't need the New York Yankees in college football to buy the top targets.

I get you can't put a limit on NIL potential to any one person, but something has to be done to make it such that every school has the same opportunity to reasonably offer the same chance money wise.

If i was supreme commander, i would also put in legislation that any evidence of taking money on top of your NIL is an automatic show clause to the NFL. That would stop the under the table stuff. Perhaps I'm way too interested in allowing fair recruiting outside of money and old school. Your school choice should be based on the school itself, opportunity both immediate and long term, culture, and coaching staff. Not much else.

cobects
The schools connect you with NIL opportunities (boosters for those schools). NIL can be signed but usually comes into effect after the season starts.
It’s as simple as that.
Correct.
But connect is not the same as pays.
The HC is paid millions of dollars to identify prospects for connection guidance by the schools.
Another often overlooked grey area that confuses the school/NIL relationship.
If nothing else, it will be interesting to watch.

Ya, I would prefer to see a more equal opportunity to excel in recruiting. We don't need the New York Yankees in college football to buy the top targets.

I get you can't put a limit on NIL potential to any one person, but something has to be done to make it such that every school has the same opportunity to reasonably offer the same chance money wise.

If i was supreme commander, i would also put in legislation that any evidence of taking money on top of your NIL is an automatic show clause to the NFL. That would stop the under the table stuff. Perhaps I'm way too interested in allowing fair recruiting outside of money and old school. Your school choice should be based on the school itself, opportunity both immediate and long term, culture, and coaching staff. Not much else.
Unfortunately, this will be decided by lawyers. The NCAA departed from its original role of protecting amateur athletes. The NCAA has no power and that will become increasingly evident when they try to limit these players ability to earn money. Get ready for the lawsuit.

Am I still supposed to answer any post of yours with
Soon
Got out of the loop for a while, didn't know since your boy did nasty things and got exited

No offense, but I dont care if you answer any of my posts or not.

So how you answer or don't answer is up to you.
Soon works just fine if it suits you.

Frankly find it hilarious people still getting triggered by the handle ( not saying you are triggered ) just like the Grudenamania that took over here back in the day was hilarious. I still would give a tip of the cap to whoever thought up tracking tail numbers on planes.

Gruden was a mediocre and overhyped coach and apparently a bigger a-hole and racist than he even showed on TV . Whatever hole he is in now is a fine place for him IMO.

College football that I have loved and watched since 1967 is gone. The pussification of sports (targeting,blind-side block, pass-interference, etc., ) have made it impossible to play defense. Flopping called by coaches has made good players look like woosies sitting down in the middle of a game 3 or 4 times a game. No loyalty, portal is always one step away of someone isn’t playing or gets mad. I’ve lost lots of interest in the past 2 years.

For me, the thing that makes modern football nearly unwatchable is all the "official time-outs" and the commercials.

I feel like I'm watching a 4-hour-long commercial sandwiched around something that has about 25 minutes of actual football action.

I live VERY Near Powell High School, and I'm privy to have conversations with some of those players parents,... Word has it that Texas A&M has Walter Nolan in the $100K tax Bracket BEFORE he ever plays an Official Snap !!!
That's OBSCENE... Jmo !!

Almost nobody is going to earn $1 million from NIL. That's recruiting BS. A handful of student-athletes could earn some money, one or two star football players could earn some significant cash, maybe, but that's about it. Star basketball players will jump to the pros quickly and so won't be around long enough, in many cases, to make serious coin. I think NIL will quickly prove to be disastrous--just rife with over-promising, corruption, the whole nine yards. The corruption that used to be concealed will now be openly practiced. But most guys won't get much of anything, much less $1M.
Sorry to contradict, but you are just flat axxed wrong. NIL is ruining the sport. There has never been anything so poisonous to college football.

Well we all know how cheap our school is so we may never get back to being the powerhouse we once were...UT isn't going to cough up any NIL money for these recruits....This crap is going to ruin college football.

you are aware that the schools don’t pay nil money , aren’t you

College football that I have loved and watched since 1967 is gone. The pussification of sports (targeting,blind-side block, pass-interference, etc., ) have made it impossible to play defense. Flopping called by coaches has made good players look like woosies sitting down in the middle of a game 3 or 4 times a game. No loyalty, portal is always one step away of someone isn’t playing or gets mad. I’ve lost lots of interest in the past 2 years.
Modern America. It's not great.

That unnamed school has to be Texas A&M.

I noted that Texas A&M has commitments from three of the top 10 Tight Ends for next year.....I couldn't fathom why a TE recruit would look at the board and say, "well they already have two of the top 10 so I'll pile in as well, no other school probably wants me or can offer more playing time."......now I know. Silly me. The money freak show is coming boys. Get your popcorn.

Reactions: VolPack22
So very true!

Especially that last part.
When my Dsd got riled because my South Louisiana Uncle was voting for Governor Edwards, my Uncle said, “Son, we know he’s a crook, we don’t know nothin about that other man.” Add the accent and you get the picture. Edwards won ….again and all the nursing homes he built during the 4 years he couldn’t hold the governorship, he sold before he took office and licensed each one and made a fortune. Louisiana politics!

When my Dsd got riled because my South Louisiana Uncle was voting for Governor Edwards, my Uncle said, “Son, we know he’s a crook, we don’t know nothin about that other man.” Add the accent and you get the picture. Edwards won ….again and all the nursing homes he built during the 4 years he couldn’t hold the governorship, he sold before he took office and licensed each one and made a fortune. Louisiana politics!
Where do you live now?

Fox Sports host Colin Cowherd weighed-in on the news,
"Caleb Williams can make more money short-term going to Auburn or Georgia. There is a certain SEC school, [that] I wont name, that is now giving one million dollars promised to five-star recruits," Cowherd said Wednesday on The Herd.

This is the new landscape and that is our competition. Ridiculous.

Equally ridiculous is what is going on in the transfer portal. It's crazy.

If he said it, he's a bigger idiot than I think he is. These guys will say anything to get listeners.

I live VERY Near Powell High School, and I'm privy to have conversations with some of those players parents,... Word has it that Texas A&M has Walter Nolan in the $100K tax Bracket BEFORE he ever plays an Official Snap !!!
That's OBSCENE... Jmo !!
His family got that much for him to play at Powell lol

Funny how no one points out that college football coaches are the highest paid state employees in multiple states, but then freaks out when these kids are getting money they were already getting.

College football stopped being about college a long time ago.

I understand the pay for coaches is way out of hand but the college football coaching career is a tough gig. In season 18 hour days, recruiting 24/7/365….being on call every moment in case a kid gets in trouble, etc.

VN Store

Back