Hire Holgerson....

To be honest, their offense doesn't do their defense any favors. Other than that, they just beat Texas, at Texas, in their first year in the Big 12. They do have a TOUGH schedule coming up though.

One of the many reasons it would not work here. Ball control offenses combined with good defenses....a la USC and Bama would eat that junk up.

Reactions: 1 person
Where would he be without Geno Smith? Same position as Gene Chizik without Cam probably not but something to think about. Those players are something special and dont come around too often.

Reactions: 1 person
To be honest, their offense doesn't do their defense any favors. Other than that, they just beat Texas, at Texas, in their first year in the Big 12. They do have a TOUGH schedule coming up though.

Just to put it in perspective, Holgerson does more with less. WV as a team over the last 3 recruiting classes have signed less than 10 4 star recruits. Texas signed about twice as many LAST YEAR. Dana is new to the HC game, but he has shown he can get it done.

He has Geno Smith. If he didn't have Geno, they wouldn't be anywhere. He needs to prove he can win without him.

OP, you talk and talk about Chaney's O not being what's needed to win the SEC and that we need to run the ball. Control the line and run the ball is what you say. This was just a couple of weeks ago. Now, you make a thread about hiring Holgerson? A spread coach who gave up 63 to Baylor last week?
Looks like another drastic moods swing has occured again

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Where would he be without Geno Smith? Same position as Gene Chizik without Cam probably not but something to think about. Those players are something special and dont come around too often.

Alot of people said the same thing about Kevin Sumlin. He seems to be doing alright at A&M without Keenan and in the SEC. I remember people saying NO WAY would they want Sumlin here. I would trade him for Dooley in a second. Holgorson has shown dual threat QBs he can make them stars. It only makes sense if he were to come to Tennessee, those type QBs would be interested.

Another stupid post. He has tons of baggage, and he wouldn't dominate against the SEC. Get it together volnation. Know your stuff.

He's not successful because of Geno Smith. Check his background, dudes put up big numbers everywhere he has been as an OC. People are also overlooking the fact that he lost his DC Castille. I think dude went to Zona with Rich Rod. WVU had some really good defenses under Castille. I'm not saying hire him, I'm not saying don't hire him. It is funny to see some continually pumping up Dooley, then say Holgerson is only good because he plays in the Big 12. If that's the case then Dooley should have dominated at La Tech. Holgerson is a damn good coach. Dooley isn't even in the same galaxy as dude.

Reactions: 2 people
OP, you talk and talk about Chaney's O not being what's needed to win the SEC and that we need to run the ball. Control the line and run the ball is what you say. This was just a couple of weeks ago. Now, you make a thread about hiring Holgerson? A spread coach who gave up 63 to Baylor last week?
Looks like another drastic moods swing has occured again

Buie ran for over 200 yards tonight on Texas D. You wanna say that Holgerson's team can't run the ball??

Buie ran for over 200 yards tonight on Texas D. You wanna say that Holgerson's team can't run the ball??

You don't want to run it from the spread. You have stated time and time again that a power running game and offense, like that of LSU and Bama is required to win in the SEC.

I find it amusing that you lose track of your own points that you just recently argued about.

You don't want to run it from the spread. You have stated time and time again that a power running game and offense, like that of LSU and Bama is required to win in the SEC.

I find it amusing that you lose track of your own points that you just recently argued about.

You are still quoting me on the "power" reference, yet I never said "power". I said you need to be able to line up and run the ball, period. Whether it be speed or power, you have to run the ball. I haven't lost track of anything, you never understood what I said to begin with.

In fact Sparty, find where I said it HAS to be a POWER running game. If you do, then we can discuss this further. It HAS to say POWER.

Good luck.

In fact Sparty, find where I said it HAS to be a POWER running game. If you do, then we can discuss this further. It HAS to say POWER.

Good luck.

You were saying a spread offense wouldn't work if you wanted SEC championships. You pointed to the necessity of having offenses like Bama and LSU to win in this league, not offenses like UT's that focus on the pass. UT is averaging over 175 yds rushing as well, I believe. WV qb threw 8 tds last week.

Tell us again how we need to have an offense like bama and lsu, yet start a thread about hiring Holgerson in the next breath.

I'm not looking anything up. Everybody knows you are all over the place.

You were saying a spread offense wouldn't work if you wanted SEC championships. You pointed to the necessity of having offenses like Bama and LSU to win in this league, not offenses like UT's that focus on the pass. UT is averaging over 175 yds rushing as well, I believe. WV qb threw 8 tds last week.

Tell us again how we need to have an offense like bama and lsu, yet start a thread about hiring Holgerson in the next breath.

No, I said you have to be able to run the ball like LSU or Bama does to win the SEC. It doesn't matter how you run it, as long as you CAN run it. I posted that in multiple posts, yet you don't remember that.

Then wouldn't it be prudent to evaluate Holgorsen AFTER the tough stretch?

Of course you won't, because you know your wrong here.

I'm reasonably sure he's right, actually.

Then go find where I said it has to be a power running attack like Bama or LSU. In fact, there is multiple posts after I even referenced them, that I completely clarified what I said. Please, go find them.

VN Store

Back