Hire Holgerson....

I don't think Spurrier runs a lot of mesh and stick like your West Coast and Air Raid guys do, I'm pretty sure Spurrier is more of a Choice, Go, Switch, and Slide, Run n Shooter.

No, just your typical 90s # short pass game. Which are all horizontal stretches. 3 Semi which is a C2 beater. 5 Semi which is a man beater. 4 Verts. Smash. 3 Verts. NCAA. Cop. Mills. Y-cross. Thats literally it. Just the choice as a route. Anything else is aesthetics.

These type of posts mins before our game makes me want to cancel my acct and just say FU to all yall crappy people.

Goodbye. There are enough low-functioning rednecks on this board already.

U and ur butt buddy Sab go make love ...Get some sun or take some Vit D maybe yalls lives would be better. Find Jesus whatever works do something.

The irony, of course, is that you call others "crappy" and yet yourself still spew classless, intolerant nonsense.

No, just your typical 90s # short pass game. Which are all horizontal stretches. 3 Semi which is a C2 beater. 5 Semi which is a man beater. 4 Verts. Smash. 3 Verts. NCAA. Cop. Mills. Y-cross. Thats literally it. Just the choice as a route. Anything else is aesthetics.

Can you describe cop, mills, 3 semi, and 5 semi? I'm not familiar the terminology.

3-semi = 5 step. X runs 12 yard out. Z runs out or MOFO post depending on personnel. Y runs post otherwise. Outs hit the outside edge, post beats 2-high safety.
5-semi = flat/curls.
Cop = Corner or Post read based upon safeties. Is a route with tags.
Mills = 7 step. Post/IN high-low read - vert stretch.

All of his plays had fade reads normally built-in.

No baggage??

He's gotten busted getting ****faced and explained himself that he was just looking to ****

So, he's gotten fired for having an affair and wrecking on a motorcycle with the girl he had an affair, all while giving her a job that she wasn't qualified for?? Just wanting to make sure I understand.

So, he's gotten fired for having an affair and wrecking on a motorcycle with the girl he had an affair, all while giving her a job that she wasn't qualified for?? Just wanting to make sure I understand.

He has baggage.

Just so you understand

If he got a good defensive coordinator, he would dominate the SEC with the offense he runs. Think Petrino without all the baggage.

Offenses like Holgerson's will never have good defenses. Its one of the few flaws of the spread offense. Chaney would dominate in the big 12 and big east too.

Offenses like Holgerson's will never have good defenses. Its one of the few flaws of the spread offense. Chaney would dominate in the big 12 and big east too.

I wish someone would define spread.

Running a mishmash of Chow concepts that originated from BYU and thus the league from diamond and essentially 21 and 11 personnel packages out of gun makes you spread? Is it the Tony franklin system/AR practices which gut it down to the bare essentials? Packaged run/pass plays? Is it large splits and throwing 4 verts over and over again like Leach? Is it traditional slide shoot ala Mouse Davis or flare control gun shoot with levels like Jones? Zone read? Or read with Tiller/Walker concepts -- Meyer? I could give you about 16 different definitions of spread right now. It could be personnel, formations, plays -- horizontal or vertical stretching/three-level throws/hi-lows.

And dear god, much of the same concepts are ran throughout the SEC, they're just aesthetically different.

Where do you think McElwain came from, and thus Nussmeier? The same system from Erickson/Petrino and John L. Smith.

Reactions: 1 person
Holgorsen will be a hot name this offseason. Morgantown will not hang onto him for very long.

West Virginia is a good school. It's possible to win a national title there. Don't see Holgerson leaving unless one of the marquee, top 15 jobs opens up.

Giving his drinking problem, he is also probably better off at a place like WVU, where the media scrutiny is not quite as intense as it is in places like the SEC or some of the other marquee programs (Texas, USC, Oklahoma, Florida State, etc).

Last edited:
I put it in another thread. 4.25 million and go get him. He makes just under 3 million at WV. If he were given 750,000 to 1 million to go get a good DC, I think we would be set going into 2013. As someone else mentioned, he might turn Peterman into a top 10 pick.

VN Store

Back