How concerned are you of violence at the inauguration?

How worried are you about Trump supporter violence disruption at inauguration?

• Very. Trump is finding ways still to promote it

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Somewhat. The local authorities seem unprepared for this

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Not very. They will be ready this time and keep things from getting out of hand

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Not at all. People have had their say.

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters
That's quite a bit of hyperbole you posted there

Did you say the same when leftist groups stormed and occupied the same building?

I never said it wasn’t inept. But when people have law enforcement grade zip ties, are carrying arms, and dressed in military gear... after Trump tells them over and over to “stop the steal” - thats not hyperbole its simple observation

I never said it wasn’t inept. But when people have law enforcement grade zip ties, are carrying arms, and dressed in military gear... after Trump tells them over and over to “stop the steal” - thats not hyperbole its simple observation
Where were the guns? Hard to imagine there were many in DC

What exactly does "military gear" do for their effectiveness? Camo in a building doesn't really do much and I've never seen the military operate in jeans as a choice. Most of the people I saw were dressed no more menacing than antifa or blm and their riots/protests are described as mostly peaceful.

The hyperbole was in your statement they were trying to overthrow the govt. Didn't look like they're was really much defense if someone were truly serious. We should be thankful it turned out like it did and there weren't many with bad intentions.

Lets see.. January 6th. A vote in a combined session of Congress to confirm Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 election. Protestors breaking into congress during said vote to try to stop the vote from happening/ potentially take hostages/ at the least attempt to intimidate governement employees into allowing Trump to maintain power despite losing a democratic election. No wait.. you’re right they were just goofing around, how stupid of me
How many busted in during a supreme court confirmation hearing?

Where were the guns? Hard to imagine there were many in DC

What exactly does "military gear" do for their effectiveness? Camo in a building doesn't really do much and I've never seen the military operate in jeans as a choice. Most of the people I saw were dressed no more menacing than antifa or blm and their riots/protests are described as mostly peaceful.

The hyperbole was in your statement they were trying to overthrow the govt. Didn't look like they're was really much defense if someone were truly serious. We should be thankful it turned out like it did and there weren't many with bad intentions.

I mean i suppose your argument is guys with zip ties and military grade gear and holstered weapons might just be LARPing?

https://www.metabunk.org/attachments/2021-01-07_17-54-24-jpg.42690/

I guess I cant prove he wasn’t, but damn- that seems awfully coincidental when compared to the rhetoric surrounding this incident.

Let me frame it in a different way then: All of Trump’s statements about the election being stolen, he clearly wanted to remain in office and many of his fringe supporters genuinely, passionately believe everything he is telling them and that they need to do something about it. I think its fair to imply that Trump was trying to use his supporters to pressure the government in a way that he maintained power and deny a democratic election. If that isnt an attempt to subvert democracy and overthrow government (again... inept) then what is it?

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I mean i suppose your argument is guys with zip ties and military grade gear and holstered weapons might just be LARPing?

https://www.metabunk.org/attachments/2021-01-07_17-54-24-jpg.42690/

I guess I cant prove he wasn’t, but damn- that seems awfully coincidental when compared to the rhetoric surrounding this incident.

Let me frame it in a different way then: All of Trump’s statements about the election being stolen, he clearly wanted to remain in office and many of his fringe supporters genuinely, passionately believe everything he is telling them and that they need to do something about it. I think its fair to imply that Trump was trying to use his supporters to pressure the government in a way that he maintained power and deny a democratic election. If that isnt an attempt to subvert democracy and overthrow government (again... inept) then what is it?
So, one guy who may be carrying anything from a tazer to a flare gun is how you categorized the entire group as "carrying arms?" Are you scared of black clothing or is it the jeans?

What exactly is "military grade gear?" Is that anything like mil-spec?

Yeah, hyperbole still fits

Stop believing everything that CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC etc say you should be afraid of - have you ever considered they’re controlling you with fear?

And start believing everything you hear on 4chan?

So, one guy who may be carrying anything from a tazer to a flare gun is how you categorized the entire group as "carrying arms?" Are you scared of black clothing or is it the jeans?

What exactly is "military grade gear?" Is that anything like mil-spec?

Yeah, hyperbole still fits

Got it. So you’re sticking with LARPing. Police recovered weapons, bombs even. A tazer is still a weapon. I like how you are drifting away from the argument you initially brought up and now focused on if the guy in the image was wearing jeans. There is an entire twitter thread about the clothes he was wearing if you want a link. Also- he is wanted and being actively pursued by the FBI so I suppose they may not think he was just LARPing

Also- it was multiple people with zip ties- they’ve already arrested another guy:
https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/air-force-vet-identified-as-rioter-with-zip-ties/

Got it. So you’re sticking with LARPing. Police recovered weapons, bombs even. A tazer is still a weapon. I like how you are drifting away from the argument you initially brought up and now focused on if the guy in the image was wearing jeans. There is an entire twitter thread about the clothes he was wearing if you want a link. Also- he is wanted and being actively pursued by the FBI so I suppose they may not think he was just LARPing
1 guy and you can't even identity any weapons he's calling. Is that truly all it takes to overthrow the govt?

Have they tied the "explosives" to anyone? It would be a big sorry since up to now only one side has made explosives an integral part of their protest

Reactions: AM64
1 guy and you can't even identity any weapons he's calling. Is that truly all it takes to overthrow the govt?

Have they tied the "explosives" to anyone? It would be a big sorry since up to now only one side has made explosives an integral part of their protest

it was way more than one person. They’ve identified two from videos and images. One has already been arrested as i amended in my post above

Larry Rendall Brock Jr., Senate Rioter in Tactical Gear, Says He Regrets Holding Zip Ties

I seem to recall a lot of posters on here saying things about that.

Speaking of, has anyone called out the various Senators and Representatives that were cowering on the floor about the sh!t they talked about Trump being evacuated last summer?
Not totally dismissing the idea they should be called out, it ranks low on the list of priorities around this event. Making a big deal out of it would be indicative of some thin skinned and misplaced values IMO

Extremists intensify calls for violence ahead of Inauguration Day - CNN
And now, as the dust settles and the country struggles to make sense of the violence that left five dead -- including an officer with the US Capitol Police -- experts warn that the calls for violence have only intensified ahead of Inauguration Day, when President-elect Joe Biden will be sworn in as commander in chief.
"We are seeing ... chatter from these white supremacists, from these far-right extremists -- they feel emboldened in this moment," said Jonathan Greenblatt, the CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, which tracks and counters hate. "We fully expect that this violence could actually get worse before it gets better."
CNN is a trash network

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back