How Do We Score 50 at Oregon?

No. They were definitely overwhelmed. But what they did well points to opportunities for UT. It is a longshot but there are some cracks that can be exploited in Oregon's game.

IMHO, UT should be able to maul them between the tackles... but then Worley has to hit something to keep them honest. If he can... UT should be able to wear them down in the middle.

Our weakness is definitely underneath. We won't stay honest as our secondary can/will man up.

Running successfully between the tackles and dinking/dunking your way underneath for extended periods of time is the way to beat us.

I'm hopeful the LB's clean it up or it could be closer than I'd like.

No more vanilla from the Vols? That's funny--all we GOT is vanilla. Our only chance is to pound them with the run, complete a few first downs, make a lot of first downs, control the football.

So....we kinda agree?

Weird.

We do agree. Why does it have to be weird? Disagreements happen all the time, but we all want what's best for the Vols. Ive seen many head to head disagreements on this site, we're not the first and we will not be the last. It happens.

We do agree. Why does it have to be weird? Disagreements happen all the time, but we all want what's best for the Vols. Ive seen many head to head disagreements on this site, we're not the first and we will not be the last. It happens.

You're wrong.

j/k.

Full Metal Jacket, the guy firing the gun was actually the actor to play Gunney during basic training. Ralph Lee Ermey was his coach and he was so great he got the part and the no name is still a no name.
"just dont lead them as much" was in response to the query, "How do you shoot women and children?" I sorta like that film.:)
Yes sir I know the story very well, he was training the guy to be a Drill Instructor and the Director decided to use him because he had it down.

Good post. Think positive and positive things happen. If the military thought like some of our fans, we would never show up for battle. Get some.. Get some... Just don't lead them as much. (Name that Movie) :)

Full Metal Jacket!!

:hi:

I live in Portland and I grew up in Eugene. I'm just saying I've heard less accurate descriptions. :) Go Ducks.

I'm going to go find the bowl now. Not legal here yet, but just a traffic ticket less than an ounce.

Duuuuuuuuuuude!

Loner Goner with a Stoner Boner!

Duuuuuuude!! :lolabove:

That was a saying a friend of mine that went to school out there in the 80s used to say!

No more vanilla from CBJ. He has not had to show Oregon anything and he hasn't! Look for us to open it up next week and this game will be close! GBO!!!!

There's nothing more I hate than having to drop the truth to other Vol fans; we are going to get destroyed by Oregon! We have a chance against Florida and USCe. GA will destroy us as well! I have been a Vols fan since 1995. You have to be able to separate being a fan from reality and reality is we have a lot of work to do but we are on the right track.

Reactions: 1 person
There's nothing more I hate than having to drop the truth to other Vol fans; we are going to get destroyed by Oregon! We have a chance against Florida and USCe. GA will destroy us as well! I have been a Vols fan since 1995. You have to be able to separate being a fan from reality and reality is we have a lot of work to do but we are on the right track.

Only since 1995? I've got underwear older than that. Relax Francis we have a shot at winning this game, Or the way you luck at it we shouldn't go play the game.

Both of those teams have cracks on D. Not sure how much UT will be able to take advantage but both have issues.

Against Nicholls St, Oregon got plays from everyone. Against a better team in UVA, their O came mostly from two guys. UT's job will be to force someone else to beat them.

There is no "reality" in what you posted since those games have not yet occurred. Both teams have very good O's. UGA's O scares me more than Oregon's because of balance. They had several guys make big plays today against USCe. I'm not scared of them necessarily scoring more points since they do not move as fast... just that they will be more difficult to stop.

Coach Jones has instilled a work ethic and confidence level into Team 117 that anything is possible. Even though it may be a million in one shot this team believes they have a chance. Cam Sutton's pick six showed me that they are doing the right things to give them the confidence that a win possible. I will be watching.

That might not be enough to win.

Watching UVA game now, our OLine WILL have the advantage on the Oregon DLine, particularly late.

Cavs helping Butch by putting it all out there vs. the Ducks today.

Hope we've got some surprises for them.

They turn the ball over 10 times in 10 plays from their one?

I think it will be a much closer game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Vols get the upset.

No offense but you're about the only one who wouldn't be surprised.... this team is just not talented and experienced enough yet. There are literally only a handful of teams in the country that can go to Oregon and win right now ( Bama, Stanford maybe another team or two). It would take a minor miracle IMHO. Either way, if we did pull it off, I would definitely be surprised... Happy as hell, but surprised.

I say with what I've seen so far worley will cost us 7 to 10 points n the def without worleys help will give up 35 to 40 min. I say we lose by 20 to 30 points then a thread will be started about how its fixable n we will beat Fla because cbj gets it... lol

I have no clue but my gut says this game exposes this teams talent good or bad n that's what we all have been waiting for

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back