I’m a Volunteer on Saturday and a _______ on Sunday

Mostly quit watching NFL when they let Bob Costas go on a long winded anti gun rant during a Sunday night game.... Completely quit watching what little I still did when they started that kneeling nonsense.
neeling for liberalism

Once Peyton retired, I lost a whole lotta interest in the NFL unfortunately. I’ll still watch the Titans and any other interesting matchup, but I could honestly take it or leave it

Reactions: MEDVOL and MAD
Tennessee Titans and sometimes Atlanta Falcons.

Still, NFL doesn't get me emotional unlike College. So if Titans win, I don't get super excited and if they lose, I don't get angry like I do with Tennessee Vols.

Interestingly, both Titans and Vols tend to struggle at the same times most of the time.
Smart move not to get emotional over either of those teams. Especially the falcons. They’ve broken my heart way too many times lol.

Reactions: MAD
Smart move not to get emotional over either of those teams. Especially the falcons. They’ve broken my heart way too many times lol.

Tennessee Vols are the ones that get me emotional. I think College is a little tougher because you have rivals that you only play once a year (one shot) and Tennessee hasn't done well at all against 3 of its major rivals: Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. All of them have at least 2 National Titles and multiple SEC Titles since the last time Tennessee had either (1998) and have lopsided series against us since 2000.

Reactions: Midas and MAD
No NFL for me. It just feels too Corporate and Business like. It is like the players are just going to a job; not playing for pride.
Plus I just don’t have the emotional energy to support anything more than my Vols.
I only even occasionally glance at NFL box scores just to see how VFLs are doing

Reactions: Pappy and MAD
Moved out of East TN in1978 and lived in STL since 1982. So currently a Chiefs fan. Big fan of Trey. Use to be a Cardinals fan until Bidwell moved them to the desert but pulling for them again now that Dobbs is the QB. Was a Rams fan when they were in STL but can’t stand them anymore after Kroenke bought and moved them to LA.

Reactions: MAD
Lifelong Eagles fan but I quit the NFL a few years ago because the league has sold their soul and destroyed the game.
So I guess you will be quitting college football then soon?

The shadows are lengthening for me. The twilight is here. I listen closely for the rousing melody of Rocky Top, of the Pride of the Southland Band beating the quick tattoo. In my dreams I hear again the crash of shoulder pads, the rattle of the bleachers, and the heart-warming roar of Neyland Stadium.

In the evening of my memory, always I come back to Knoxville. Always there echoes and re-echoes: Go. Big. Orange.

Today marks my final roll call with you, but I want you to know that when I cross the river my last conscious thoughts will be of The Vols, and The Vols, and The Vols.

That includes on Sundays.

[with apologies to General MacArthur ... taken from his farewell address to the Corps of Cadets]

To me Tennessee will always be the VOLS. The titans kind of moved in on that. Should have been Nashville titans, besides I watch sports to be entertained, when they become a psa for racism and equality, for me it’s no longer entertaining. Making millions of dollars a year is very far from being oppressed

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You never-NFLers should tune in for Manningcast once in a while. Peyton and Eli are hilarious and offer really cool insight into the game. Plus Peyton is always hyping the Vols... for instance tonight he's drinking from a Tennessee cup, and keeps complaining about NYG under-using Hyatt.

VN Store

Back