I’m a Volunteer on Saturday and a _______ on Sunday

Tell me who is your NFL team and why?

Figured the bye week was a good time to ask this.

I’m a Tennessee Volunteer on Saturday and a Detroit Lion on Sunday.

Born in Michigan but we moved to Knoxville when I was 2.
Probably would have become a Titan fan if they had existed back in the 70’s, but instead I started following the Lions unfortunately.
Whenever I was a kid in the mid-90s I was actually a Panthers fan because I liked big cats lol. I guess they were pushing their merchandise in my area because I remember having a football with a Panthers logo on it. A couple years later Tennessee got the Oilers/Titans and by then I was starting to learn the game better. They had an exciting team with Air McNair and Eddie George so I gravitated towards them and been a fan ever since.

Probably would have become a Titan fan if they had existed back in the 70’s, but instead I started following the Lions unfortunately.
Titans because of Air McNair, Eddie George, Keith Bulluck, Samari Rolle, Frank Wycheck, and all those guys.

That said, NFL isn’t what it was for me back then. The Vols lose and it truly sucks. Titans lose and it’s on with my day. Plus, I watch College football all day. I watch the NFL mostly when the Titans are playing. Outside of the SB, I couldn’t care less about other teams.

Reactions: MAD
Whenever I was a kid in the mid-90s I was actually a Panthers fan because I liked big cats lol. I guess they were pushing their merchandise in my area because I remember having a football with a Panthers logo on it. A couple years later Tennessee got the Oilers/Titans and by then I was starting to learn the game better. They had an exciting team with Air McNair and Eddie George so I gravitated towards them and been a fan ever since.
Lions are big cats.

So, you decided not to keep pounding

Reactions: VolPack22 and MAD
Lived in Atlanta for 40 years and had Falcon season tickets for about 20 years. They are still my team, but I pull for the Titians when they aren't playing Atlanta.

Haven't had a team since Manning left Denver. Now I've latched onto the Cards as long as Dobbs is the starter. Grew up a Baltimore Colt fan ln Balto but couldn't stomach Irsay until they drafted Peyton.

Falcons. But Vols and Braves every damn day

I've gone to quite a few Braves games over the past couple of years and when the chant reaches this level, it gives me the chills, IRL or video.

Here is one of my favorite Braves clips from the last WS. I went from early game tension to, "Hey, I pretty sure we're going to win this game" even though it was in the 3rd inning:

Jorge Soler OUT OF THE PARK 3-Run Home Run vs. Astros it went 446 feet

Thanks for your post, it reminds of won of the best sports moments in my little life.

Tn Vol on Saturday, Colt on Sunday, after being fascinated with Johnny Unitas as a 7th grader in 67. My first disappointment was SB3 and still not a Jets fan. Vol and Colt until I die.

Token Titans fan.. I just don't have the same interest in the NFL i used to have. I'll watch it if there is nothing else on or if i'm bored. I don't make a point of watching their games.

Eventually, I’ll lure you over to the good guys.
🐬🐬🐬

VN Store

Back