I smell an upset

UO will have a ridiculous 3rd down efficiency. That will be the most damaging stat to us.

Your high if you think we beat Oregon. Worley has a weak arm and he's behind on his passes. Our offensive line sure hasn't lived up to the #1 line from preseason talk. That's where I've been most disappointed, not winning the battle upfront. I see a QB change by Georgia if Worley keeps playing the way he's been. While our D is leaps and bounds better than last year, our weakness is the middle and it will be exposed. I'm hoping we can be competitive and that the game is not a blowout.

To the people questioning if it would be the biggest upset of all time... I hope you mean school history. I believe Stanford beat USC as a 42 point underdog a few years ago. And while Oregon appears ready to wax us. we're still Tennessee and pull top talent. Don't even care what the Michigan-Appalachian State spread was. That's a bigger upset than Tennessee beating Oregon. One of the top teams in the history of football losing to an FCS team? They pull in talent FCS teams could only dream of. Michigan is a top 10 program all-time with top notch facilities. Oregon's has risen to power but come on, biggest upset of all-time? Maybe if football existed for 3 years. And that Michigan-Appalachian State upset... Michigan went on to beat Florida and Tebow later that season. That's how much of an upset it was for Appalachian State to beat Michigan.

Would Tennessee beating Oregon be the biggest upset of all-time... loool

Your high if you think we beat Oregon. Worley has a weak arm and he's behind on his passes. Our offensive line sure hasn't lived up to the #1 line from preseason talk. That's where I've been most disappointed, not winning the battle upfront. I see a QB change by Georgia if Worley keeps playing the way he's been. While our D is leaps and bounds better than last year, our weakness is the middle and it will be exposed. I'm hoping we can be competitive and that the game is not a blowout.

Sir you have been watching a different team if you don't think we have won the battle up-front on offense so far.IMO

I do agree with you about Worley's arm strength, not being up to par so far. I am hoping we will make an adjustment to our pass play calling to limit the lollipops. We need a steady diet of Neal/Lane/and 15 yards out and in pass plays. A good set-up screen pass is very effective also. :twocents:

If we can stop Mariota from wreaking havoc with his legs and our passing attack is consistent, we definitely have a shot. However, it's keeping Mariota contained the whole game without him torching us on passing which I have to say I think we will defend well against that passing but him and Thomas on the ground are gonna be tough. People on here are just negavols and they read someone's prediction and see that #2 and automatically assume we lose. Don't get me wrong, we will PROBABLY lose but we CAN win.

I love my smartass vol brothers lol

Didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But usually get a bad feeling when I know we will lose but I'm just not worried about this weekend. I feel good about Saturday and I'm looking forward to an entertaining game.

We have to have Jacques Smith and Curt Maggitt back in the rotation to have a shot. They are our best 2 pass rushers, and we need some guys that can disrupt plays coming off of the edge.

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

I want some of whatever your havin.

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

Keep good spirit. Our time will come but not yet. We do not have enough quality talent yet.

That's how they have always played, as far as I can tell.

They just wear people out with their speed and then bam they take a simple sweep for a 70 yard TD.

Their QB might very well put up more yards running than our entire team.

You know its sad but true....
48-24 Ducks

Don't worry op. if we do pull off an upset. NegaVols will immediately post that there was some deficiency somewhere on the field and we did t really deserve it. Bla bla bla. Then they will tell us how we won't beat Florida etc etc.

Don't worry op. if we do pull off an upset. NegaVols will immediately post that there was some deficiency somewhere on the field and we did t really deserve it. Bla bla bla. Then they will tell us how we won't beat Florida etc etc.

Yep. It's gonna be the same ones who said they wouldn't be surprised if WKU made it a game or possibly even upset us. Then they turn around this week and tell us how awful WKU is.

Mariotta gets knocked out of the game early & we take advantage of Lockie's miscues. Big win and ESPN will have no choice but to love us. ESPY type performance.

VN Store

Back