I think it's about time we beat the GATORS

Good stripes quote.

You get alot of attacks on here and sometimes I think they are unwarrented. Your first post in this thread disagrees with that thinking.

i was making light of the fact that i didn't think it needed to be suggested that it's a good time to beat florida.

i assume those who call themselves vol fans believe every season is a good time to beat every opponent, especially florida, alabama, etc, etc, etc.

i did not think it needed an official announcement and so i made a sarcastic comment of "now, why would you want to do that?"

but, perhaps, maybe there are a few vol fans out there who believe it's a good idea to wait a few more years before beating the gators. that beating the gators now would just be bad timing and wouldn't really be a good idea. tennessee should just go ahead and continue to lose to florida until a more proper time. maybe this thread will change their minds.

if there are vol fans out there like that, i apologize.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch Gets It... Brick by Brick!!!

We are on our way back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to do some shutting-up of some loose lip enemies.. you know them, blah blah blah.. :thumbsup:

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE .... :rock:

After Oregon and at the Swamp? Better get to Gainesville with one heck of a offensive scheme. Not going to happen.

I love how opposing teams think Tennessee can't win over another SEC team.. LOL must be something in the water.......... hmmmmmmm?

I say it's great to be a TENNESSEE VOL and we can beat whomever we want too.. so there....... :p:p

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ... :rock:

I love how opposing teams think Tennessee can't win over another SEC team.. LOL must be something in the water.......... hmmmmmmm?

Or maybe it's because UT has only won 5 sec games in the last 3 years.

2 over UK.
2 over Vandy.
1 over Ole Miss.

And you wonder why there is doubt? lol.

I hope the break the streaks. But it will be tough. The sec is always brutal.

I say it's great to be a TENNESSEE VOL and we can beat whomever we want too.. so there....... :p:p

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ... :rock:

dude, seriously.

0-8 in the last 8 vs. florida (last win 2004)
0-6 in the last 6 vs. alabama (last win 2006)
0-5 in the last 5 vs. auburn (last win 1999)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. georgia (last win 2009)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. south carolina (last win 2009)
0-4 in the last 4 vs. lsu (last win 2005)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We are who we are.......... and we are a'coming back... brick by brick...

Butch GETS it... !!!

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE .... :rock:

sunshine-logo.GIF

Last edited:
dude, seriously.

That's got to leave a mark. There's wandering in the wilderness and then there's this. I'll take the wilderness.

Or maybe it's because UT has only won 5 sec games in the last 3 years.

2 over UK.
2 over Vandy.
1 over Ole Miss.

And you wonder why there is doubt? lol.

I hope the break the streaks. But it will be tough. The sec is always brutal.

Not the most well thought out post by a UK fan.

dude, seriously.

At what point while reading this thread did it seem like facts were going to matter?

Reactions: 3 people
dude, seriously.

This has been on purpose, you didn't know?

This reminds me of the hype that was created before last year's FL game ... I sincerely thought that we were going to beat the turds,,,,
Here's hoping we'll get them this year...

GO VOLS !!!

I was unbelievably confident last year. I would have bet a lot of money we were going to win, especially during the first half. Neyland was rocking and the Gator fans I was sitting next to were silenced.

I honestly think we'll beat them when we least expect it. Hell, it could happen this year. They lost a lot of players on D and we could just have one of those games.

Don't you think it's about time and I say this because I know it's a true test for us. If we can beat them we launch our season off, its the win we need forget about the ducks we need to take the FLORIDA GATORS in a SEC matchup and beat the orange out off them. Amen

It would be nice to shut Florida fans up for once. It's going to be a tough match up though but I think we'll give them a close game in the swamp. Go Vols!!!

Fair to say that most of us fans have been delightfully surprised at the recruiting has done so far. Can any of you imagine the reaction if Butch produces on the field in a similar way??? Aren't we all just kinda holding our collective breath on CBJ until we see the product on the field?

What if the season ends up with 2,3 or even 4 upsets plus all of our expected wins? Brings a smile to my face to contemplate.

Reactions: 3 people
It is way past time we beat the Gators. There seems to be some mental block whenever we play Fla that keeps us from winning. There have been several games they could have put the Florida school for the deaf and blind in uniform and we still would have found a way to lose. This has nothing to do with talent. Just need a coach that can break the Gators voodoo curse. (Think how Coach Kline needed Booby Boucher to help him past Red Beaulieu)

PS-Butch gets it

dude, seriously.

:eek:hmy:

Ouch. Was that necessary?

Too bad for the SEC Dooley is gone and BUTCH is here.

Things are about to change in a big way. :yes:

Reactions: 4 people
Fair to say that most of us fans have been delightfully surprised at the recruiting has done so far. Can any of you imagine the reaction if Butch produces on the field in a similar way??? Aren't we all just kinda holding our collective breath on CBJ until we see the product on the field?

What if the season ends up with 2,3 or even 4 upsets plus all of our expected wins? Brings a smile to my face to contemplate.

An Oregon or Florida upset early in the season would go a long way to making the season better than it should be. The players would play harder than ever down the stretch knowing they have a coach who can actually win ball games.

An Oregon or Florida upset early in the season would go a long way to making the season better than it should be. The players would play harder than ever down the stretch knowing they have a coach who can actually win ball games.

This

VN Store

Back