If big daddy Gov shows up at your door to take your guns

What would you do?

If enough people shoot them on their doorstep, will they eventually give up? If everybody shoots them on their doorstep, I think they will give up.

They will never start. There's 400 million guns in America. That's 120 guns per every 100 Americans. Next closest is the Falkland Islands with 62/100 and Yemen with 52/100. It's a fantasy to think anyone would attempt this.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Any objections to making tanks, military drones, missiles, etc. available to the masses? They're just as lifeless as guns. They're just tools. If that's your sh*tty line of reasoning there would be nothing that could be withheld from people.
Hey many of us see no reason they should be excluded today sister.

No, I would expand a background check to include safeguards against selling guns to people with a history of mental illness. The July 2011 Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooter, James Holmes, had been involuntarily institutionalized following a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. He should not have been legally able to purchase a firearm... but he was, and he did - a bunch of them.

and if they post crazy shite on social media, they don't pass.

How many times do we see these mass murderers facebooks filled with violence and delusional posts. Then they buy a gun and murder people. Dope. Its own our faults for allowing that to happen

Reactions: Tyler Durden

How many times do we see these mass murderers facebooks filled with violence and delusional posts. Then they buy a gun and murder people. Dope. Its own our faults for allowing that to happen
Statistically it's not very often at all. More people die in boating accidents than mass shootings

What would you do?

If enough people shoot them on their doorstep, will they eventually give up? If everybody shoots them on their doorstep, I think they will give up.
It's not going to ever happen, so just an exercise in futility to even debate

The nanny state will take care of us... right?

That depends on the circumstance. Each individual case is different. In the case of the Sandy Hook shooter... it certainly was a gun issue. The looney kid's mother should not have had a stockpile of firearms in the house knowing her son was mentally ill. She took no measures to secure them. If she hadn't also been killed... she should be in jail right now.
what law would you have proposed that would've stopped this exactly?

In the case I cited at Sandy Hook, it had everything to do with a mentally ill person having easy access to a stockpile of firearms. Had he not also killed his own mother, she should be in jail right now.
again, how do you prevent this with a law?

Inapplicable example. The government can revoke a person's driving privileges. And that kid didn't use a car, he used a stockpile of arms that he should not have had access to in his mental state.
the government can revoke a person's owning firearms too, it doesn't mean there aren't thousands of people out there who arent allowed to have guns that have them, just like there are thousands of people driving cars with revoked or suspended or no licenses

Reactions: tbwhhs

I move to place all liberals, leftists, commies, and other low-IQ nincompoops with similar posted beliefs (including the quoted poster) on red flag and no-fly lists.

Screenshot_20210329-111425.png

I don't care.
I just find it humorous that it is those very people who like to claim that people who are for rational and reasonable gun control are somehow scared of guns.
No you don't. You are scared to death of anyone owning guns. And there is nothing reasonable nor rational that you propose, because it will never be enough. And why are you still to chickensh!t to answer my question?

Exactly... a lot of noise will be made, but ultimately nothing ever changes. This time will be no different. And the same idiots who cry over government overreach when it comes to gun control... will say nothing about the state of Georgia banning water bottles from being handed out to people waiting in line to vote (even if those people are on public property at the time).

SB 202 would also criminalize passing out food or drinks to voters waiting in line, except for a self-serve water station.

If there are people who are using it as an excuse to campaign, they can be asked to leave the premises by designated "poll watchers". I've seen that happen. That is not what is at issue here. The state of Georgia has banned water bottles from being handed out to people standing in line to vote, even if they are on public property at the time. That is an absurd example of government overreach.

again ...SB 202 would also criminalize passing out food or drinks to voters waiting in line, except for a self-serve water station.

No, I would expand a background check to include safeguards against selling guns to people with a history of mental illness. The July 2011 Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooter, James Holmes, had been involuntarily institutionalized following a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. He should not have been legally able to purchase a firearm... but he was, and he did - a bunch of them.
What if a person was prescribed Ritalin or some other psychiatric drug during their youth and now that they are of age, they want to purchase a gun?

They will never start. There's 400 million guns in America. That's 120 guns per every 100 Americans. Next closest is the Falkland Islands with 62/100 and Yemen with 52/100. It's a fantasy to think anyone would attempt this.
It's why they start with small bites and loose language.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back