If we lose to ____, Butch loses support

Are you freaking serious. If we were to lose to like KY or Vandy this year you would fire him after one year.

Austin Peay - W
Western Kentucky - L
@ Oregon - L
@ Florida - L
South Alabama - W
Georgia - L
Bye
South Carolina - L
@ Alabama - L
@ Missouri - L
Auburn - L
Bye
Vanderbilt - L
@ Kentucky - W

This was the expected W/L ratio just posted by a "Vol" fan on another board. But he said he didn't care and that Butch need 3 years to get us to 8+ wins.

How much of a pass would he get? Cause maybe I'm in the minority, but it we went 3-9, I'd want him fired, right or wrong, I would...

Fired...... in his first year. SMFH

Kentucky or South Alabama. I expect both Vandy and WKU to give us a hell of a game.

Lose to Vanderbilt & you get Fired - That should be the Standard & every coach at Tennessee should know that coming in- I do not believe Tennessee will lose to Vanderbilt this year and I will lose all confidence in Butch Jones if we do - If you can not beat Vanderbilt there is no hope beating the good SEC teams..... Better beat Vandy Butch if you want to keep this job.....

Reactions: 1 person
Anything less than 8 wins is suspect...again if he is only good enough to win 5 games why fire dools n pay 3m plus buyouts to have the same record.. that's not changing direction folks..

If hart hired him with 5 win expectation then hart should be fired..because if u haven't won an sec game until u play auburn at home neyland will be empty book it.....

Look at the schedule 6 wins is a given min so he should pull out 1 or 2 either games...

The game that scares me the most is W. Kentucky week 2. Classic trap game where we get caught looking ahead to Oregon. Doesn't help that CRP will be trying to make an early splash to show his success at Arky wasn't a fluke.

Fortunately, if that does happen, I think this team then has a better chance to whip Oregon.

Lose to Vanderbilt & you get Fired - That should be the Standard & every coach at Tennessee should know that coming in- I do not believe Tennessee will lose to Vanderbilt this year and I will lose all confidence in Butch Jones if we do - If you can not beat Vanderbilt there is no hope beating the good SEC teams..... Better beat Vandy Butch if you want to keep this job.....

Can't believe how far we have fallen. :no:

Reactions: 1 person
I think realistically we could go 8-4 but 6-6 and a bowl is good to as long as the team finishes strong in every game.

While I think Butch Jones could rebound from a single bad loss in year one, and while I think most posters here would still be behind him if he went 3-9 (if the Dooley years proved anything, it proved that some fans will find a way to excuse anything), it would be hard for me to imagine Butch Jones could win here long term if he can't manage at least 6-6 and soundly beat teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

I think 7-5 is the most logical and realistic finish for us. That would be wins over Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Missouri, Vandy, Auburn, and Kentucky IMO. With the possibility of pulling off the upset in Neyland against South Carolina which would put us at 8-4. Not setting my expectations too high, but 7-5 is realistic and achievable to me. I'd be more than happy with that record for his first year, and hopefully get the bowl win!

i am probably in the minority on this, but unless tennessee plays a brand of football worse than last season, the 2013 season is already a success.

winning certain games would make the season that much better but the most important day for the future of the program within the next 365 days will be in 2/14.

that appears like it will be a big win.

Austin Peay - W
Western Kentucky - L
@ Oregon - L
@ Florida - L
South Alabama - W
Georgia - L
Bye
South Carolina - L
@ Alabama - L
@ Missouri - L
Auburn - L
Bye
Vanderbilt - L
@ Kentucky - W

This was the expected W/L ratio just posted by a "Vol" fan on another board. But he said he didn't care and that Butch need 3 years to get us to 8+ wins.

How much of a pass would he get? Cause maybe I'm in the minority, but it we went 3-9, I'd want him fired, right or wrong, I would...

Short of 2 hookers in a hotel room, he'll get a pass the first year regardless

Reactions: 2 people
I'm expecting a tough season this year like a lot of us, however, is there a minimum level of success you'd accept? At what point if any would you lose support for Butch this year?

Or does he get a pass this year no matter what?

I've thought long and hard about this, and wanna hear other people's honest opinions.

Why even start this thread? :ermm:

Let the man coach a game and see what it's like before you start sh*t-listing him. Good grief.... :banghead2:

The man gets a pass this year. If anyone cannot see the work this guy has put in, you got problems. He wants to be here and is working his butt off.

I'm expecting a tough season this year like a lot of us, however, is there a minimum level of success you'd accept? At what point if any would you lose support for Butch this year?

Or does he get a pass this year no matter what?

I've thought long and hard about this, and wanna hear other people's honest opinions.
Damn lose support his first year. You must be talking about Zo. Anyway I say eight wins and a bowl.

VN Store

Back