If we lose to ____, Butch loses support

What I'm looking for this year is a change in attitude and improvement. we have a tough schedule even worse than last year. New QB and receivers to break in. Vandy and KY are getting better. We had better not overlook WKY. Saying that, I would like to see a decent year.

It would take an awfully bad season for me to completely give up on him this year (maybe 3 wins or less). That said, I don't think his situation is nearly as dire as everyone is making it out to be. The roster is better than what CDD inherited and CDD went 6-7 with it and very nearly won two more games. If Butch is the coach we all think he is then he should easily win 6 games.

I am actually very very split on this. I can't decide if I agree. I think I probably do, but it would be interesting to put this to a poll.

i am probably in the minority on this, but unless tennessee plays a brand of football worse than last season, the 2013 season is already a success.

winning certain games would make the season that much better but the most important day for the future of the program within the next 365 days will be in 2/14.

that appears like it will be a big win.

Screw you. BTW I agree 100%.

7-6 is the lowest i will tolerate and accept this year. If he has a losing season with the talent we have on defense and potential on offense people won't believe a word he says.

7-6 is the lowest i will tolerate and accept this year. If he has a losing season with the talent we have on defense and potential on offense people won't believe a word he says.

are you high? what talent on defense they are unproven at best...saying that i believe we can go 7-6 but it won't be the emd of CBJ if we don't he'll still have support.

Reactions: 1 person
We have to give the man some time.

Rome was not built in a day. Nor was Alabammer. Hell, Saban lost to a Louisiana directional school his first year at Bammer.

I agree with you but I am old school. The length of time that a fan base is willing to give for any head coach at a SEC school to turn a program around is halved given social media today. Johnny Majors would have been toast at UT by 1980 with his record.

Austin Peay.

I mean, you asked the question... and this is the answer.

I think we get 6 wins and then we win some crap bowl and take good momentum into the offseason.

I'm much more interested in the following question:

Which game will we steal? I looked over CBJ's six seasons as head coach and his teams always got one they weren't supposed to win. So, who do we surprise?

boy you can tell it is 2013 and the immediate gratification police are out in force. J. Majors must thank his stars he had the 80's to build.

I'm expecting a tough season this year like a lot of us, however, is there a minimum level of success you'd accept? At what point if any would you lose support for Butch this year?

Or does he get a pass this year no matter what?

I've thought long and hard about this, and wanna hear other people's honest opinions.

why.........:jpshakehead:

You can't make up that kind of delusion. It had to be sincere.

Just a ridiculous thread given the high number of new faces at critical positions on this team, a defense that was the worst in program history, and a new coaching staff.

He will get it done. I'm not making any assumptions for year one wins though. Well maybe a few, but not many.

This season it's not the win/loss record as much as what the direction the program takes. If these kids show toughness and get better as the season progresses, then CBJ will have 100% of my support. I get the feeling there will be no quiting on his team or you will not want to face him on the sideline. Unlike the last two campaigns, this team will be respected by the opponent as they will have to play hard. I like the direction he is taking the program so far.

AT Oregon, AT Florida, AT Bama.

We lost our QB and 2 NFL WR's and a very good O lineman plus many other good players.

New coaching staff and all new playbooks to learn on both sides of the ball plus the reality is that we don't have anything close to the player talent of almost all SEC teams.

I expect 6 wins and a bowl game but I will NOT be surprised if we only win 5 games since we have the number 1 toughest schedule in the SEC this year.

Anyone with any real intelligence and a realistic look at our team this season wouldn't really expect to see much except tough playing and consistent improvement throughout the season.

Realistically we shouldn't expect to see a good team until year 4 and overexpecting is what gets good coaches/recruiters fired too early unfortunately.

We're 1 of the worst teams in the SEC right now and it's going to take several years of really good recruiting and solid coaching to slowly climb back up the ladder.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back