India, Pakistan, and Kashmir

I would think the last thing China or Russia wants is the US more involved in Central Asia. unless they just believe we will waste ourselves there, again.
Both counties know we are financially strapped and divided as a country right now. I could see either country fanning the flames to make us weaker globally.

Saw before I left for work that the Pakistani Prime Minister offered talks with India but I just can't see how either side can be the first to blink: Modi and the Indians have their elections coming up and can't appear weak & Imran Khan has to be worried about the Pakistani military removing him from office if he doesn't appear like he wants to defend Pakistan against India.

Does India have a soviet built aircraft carrier and a nuclear powered sub just because of Pakistan? I know they have had 3 wars with that neighbor, and i believe had a couple little skirmishes with china over territory disputes in remote nearly impassable mountains...but who does India actually see as a threat to them? Keep in mind, we are the only country that tries to police the world and has a whole slew of countries that rely on us for their defense (hello all of europe, most of asia) for other countries that really only care about what happens within their own borders...there has to be a perceived threat from somewhere in order to justify spending billions on carriers and nuclear powered anything....

Does India have a soviet built aircraft carrier and a nuclear powered sub just because of Pakistan? I know they have had 3 wars with that neighbor, and i believe had a couple little skirmishes with china over territory disputes in remote nearly impassable mountains...but who does India actually see as a threat to them? Keep in mind, we are the only country that tries to police the world and has a whole slew of countries that rely on us for their defense (hello all of europe, most of asia) for other countries that really only care about what happens within their own borders...there has to be a perceived threat from somewhere in order to justify spending billions on carriers and nuclear powered anything....
They have 2 Kiev class carriers that are modified and they plan on building a third. From what I read they view China as a threat and want to project power to counter balance them.

Can we all just remember why we are here. This all happened because Pakistan can’t control or rod themselves of terror groups inside their own country that they sponsor.

China is a rival. They also have a land dispute with them as well. I've long advocated allying with India seeing them as a regional counter to China.

Reactions: tennvols77
Can we all just remember why we are here. This all happened because Pakistan can’t control or rod themselves of terror groups inside their own country that they sponsor.
I am not really a conspiracy theory kind of guy and would say I always consider the source. In the article as well.

But it’s pretty provocative and believable.

If you have 10-15 minutes give it a read.

Kind of sums up our relationship with the Paks

LRB · Seymour M. Hersh · The Killing of Osama bin Laden

Reactions: Electric Orange
Pakistan is releasing the Indian pilot tomorrow and reopening airspace to commercial traffic. Wonder if both sides now feel they've done enough to look "tough" to the people?

Also India's military had a press conference saying that 24 Pakistan jets crossed the LoC and were intercepted by 8 Indian jets and that MiG-21 Bison shot down an F-16.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Pakistan is releasing the Indian pilot tomorrow and reopening airspace to commercial traffic. Wonder if both sides now feel they've done enough to look "tough" to the people?

Also India's military had a press conference saying that 24 Pakistan jets crossed the LoC and were intercepted by 8 Indian jets and that MiG-21 Bison shot down an F-16.
We shall see.

Interesting there is little to nothing about this on the American mainstream news channels.

VN Store

Back