Insincere displays of religion by parents leads to atheism in their children's adulthood

Whether or not you believe in the big bang theory has literally nothing to do with the fact that the fossil record completely disproves the story of the ark. If you want to talk to someone else about the origin of the universe be my guest, but I'm not here for that. I'm just pointing out things we can observe and measure that objectively counter this silly story.

I really did not want to get into a biblical arguement. You couldn't have just let my snarky comment go, man? I am bowing out before this goes any further. I haven't argued about religion on this forum in years, and I want to keep it that way. God forgive me for I have sinned, it has been 3 years since my last argument with Orange_Crush.

So you made a comment to try to belittle me and the fact I responded with science has upset you? That is fine.

But here are the facts before you run away.

Carbon dating 14, based in the Libby model, has major flaws. Fossil fuel output can swing the dating by thousand of years and give false reads.

London Physicist Graven pointed out in her paper that the amount of FF we are shooting into the atmosphere currently will cause all current organic matter to read as thousands of years old by 2050. Not my words, hers. In a published paper.

There have also been multiple volcanic eruptions and other FF atmospheric dumps in the past 10k years thst would cause error and carbon dating does not allow to take these and other fossil fuel dumps into calculation.

So your fossil dating is moot.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No it's not. I've seen single mom ostracized for getting knocked up out of wedlock, the ring leaders were always the women most active in the church.

My cousin was sent away during her teen pregnancy to hide the family shame. Mind you, my Uncle, the patriarch of this family, was a ne'er-do-well who mooched off my grandparents, and had cheated on his wife.

Oh boy...religion, abortion, and social services all rolled into one thread.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

It is one of my favorite retorts, in particular to Evangelicals who try to use the Bible as a weapon, to point out to them that what they are reading is not original text, is in a different language, has been translated about a half a dozen times from the original, and that 1000 or so years after it was written (or parts thereof were written) a group of men voted on what parts would be kept and what parts dispensed with.

1) What translation(s) of the Bible in common use among the so-called Evangelicals (or others) is/are "about a half a dozen times" removed from the prototype texts?

2) Where and when did "a group of men [vote] on what parts [of the Bible] would be kept and what parts dispensed with"? Who were these men? What parts did they dispense with?

What do people think about the King James version of the bible with its thees thous and other unintelligible 500 year old language vs the new translation that uses more modern language?

I think the King James is an elegant and generally accurate translation. There's very little there that's unintelligible to an educated speaker of contemporary English who's spent a little time with it (if someone really finds the singular second person pronoun unintelligible, I expect he'll find any kind of reading hard).

Bishop Challoner's revision of the Douay Rheims is in many ways an improvement on the King James Bible, and the English Revised Version of the late 19th-century is better yet. The latter seems to me the high water mark of English biblical translation, after which eisegetical departures from the ecclesial exegetical tradition increasingly obscure the prototype (I have in mind, for example, the New International Version).

In short, I think it's worth learning to navigate an older form of our language (and the translators of the KJV consciously employed language that was already archaic when they published their work in 1611). Even better: learn Greek.

So you made a comment to try to belittle me and the fact I responded with science has upset you? That is fine.

But here are the facts before you run away.

Carbon dating 14, based in the Libby model, has major flaws. Fossil fuel output can swing the dating by thousand of years and give false reads.

London Physicist Graven pointed out in her paper that the amount of FF we are shooting into the atmosphere currently will cause all current organic matter to read as thousands of years old by 2050. Not my words, hers. In a published paper.

There have also been multiple volcanic eruptions and other FF atmospheric dumps in the past 10k years thst would cause error and carbon dating does not allow to take these and other fossil fuel dumps into calculation.

So your fossil dating is moot.

Old fossils aren't carbon dated because the half life isn't long enough. They use isotopes with much longer half lives. Regardless, carbon dating still works when people who know what they're doing use it appropriately.

Old fossils aren't carbon dated because the half life isn't long enough. They use isotopes with much longer half lives. Regardless, carbon dating still works when people who know what they're doing use it appropriately.

They use uranium dating and base it off rocks.

Carbon dating is useless past 6,000 years.

It is a factual lie to say any dinosaur has ever been carbon dated or any fossil has been carbon dated past 5,743 years. What was done was to uranium date the rock sedimentary near the dinosaur and then use that rock to date the dinosaur.

Last edited:
No it's not. I've seen single mom ostracized for getting knocked up out of wedlock, the ring leaders were always the women most active in the church.
I’ve seen the same thing. I left the church establishment at 16 due to the hypocrisy. Mom and dad thought bringing the preacher and his wife to the house to talk to me was a good idea. Needless to say that didn’t work out very well when I pointed out several very hypocritical things that were happening in the church at that very time with their involvement. They had no response. I never returned to that church.

They use uranium dating and base it off rocks.

Carbon dating is useless past 6,000 years.

It is a factual lie to say any dinosaur has ever been carbon dated or any fossil has been carbon dated past 5,743 years. What was done was to uranium date the rock sedimentary near the dinosaur and then use that rock to date the dinosaur.

Why is carbon dating useless past 6000 years? Carbon 14 has a half life of about 5700 years, meaning that half of the original amount of C-14 in a given sample would still be there 5700 years later.

New psychology research identifies a robust predictor of atheism in adulthood

People who claim to follow a religion but present contrary behavior in front of their children are more likely to find their children reject religion as adults, a new study says.

I guess singing "Rescue the perishing, care for the dying" on Sunday then complaining about helping to rescue the perishing and care for the dying the other six days of the week does actually have an effect.
I think there is something to this. I grew up around fake Christians and am now an atheist.

Now let me ask you, what kind of people are fake woke liberals raising?

Between this and the police you “know” maybe it’s just your podunk town?

I think there is something to this. I grew up around fake Christians and am now an atheist.

Now let me ask you, what kind of people are fake woke liberals raising?

I have no idea. I've never asked any of them.

VN Store

Back