Is this another YEAR ZERO?

Once another meet and greet takes place at a cheese it factory then CBJ will know he's in trouble. SOON?????

Instability breeds instability and that includes fans initiating threads which speculate on how long Butch will last, in the aftermath of his first loss and third game on the job. The best, surest and quickest way to doom Tennessee football to a perpetual state of Vanderbiltesque irrelevance is to adhere to a three-year revolving turnstile approach to the head coaching position. In this world of instant gratification, Johnny Majors would have never survived long enough to secure his first SEC championship, let alone set the stage for Fulmer to take us to a national championship stature program.
I know right! Those damn message board thread starters can take a program down in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: 1 person
He should get at least 5. Dools only got 3 because not only was he losing games he should have won but he was also taking a good team and making it worse. As long as CBJ is winning all the games he should and the team isn't getting progressively worse or drastically underperforming then there will be no reason to not give him the time needed to fully install his system and run it with a roster full of players he brought in.

i would say 4 at a minimum as long as we get a big win or 2 with no really bad losses the first 3 years.

This thread tells me there are going to be lots of idiots calling for CBJ to be fired at the end of the season.

These threads are ridiculous. We had 2 guys out of kiffin rl recruiting class stay all 4 yrs. Dooley didn't recruit. Now Butch is doing a great job at it and we are asking when do we replace him? Some people are a joke

This is real simple. If Butch keeps us out of the dog house with the NCAA and can win a few games hear and there if he is let go after 3/4 years this program will probably take 20 years to get back to championship level.

Sooner or later we have to live with someone and let the rebuilding take it's course.
One must be patient Grasshopper !

I thought listening to a Dooley presser killed brain cells quickly, man was I wrong. Thanks OP.

How long does Coach Manning have...oh, do we have to hire him first?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm a VOL fan through and through. I even backed Dooley for a couple of years - years that were in retrospect wasted.

As for Butch Jones - he's the real deal. And if you're a true Tennessee fan, you will sit back and let the coach do his job. So in my opinion we give Coach Butch Jones as much time as he needs to bring the VOLS back - at least 4-5 years. The fact that someone initiated this thread topic going into game 4 is a joke but so like Volnation.
Go VOLS!

I'm guessing that 5 is a reasonable starting point. This year was going to be a mess and next year could be worse due to loss of upperclassmen linemen. 2015 is really year 1.

So let me see if I can understand, we lose a bunch of players from a crappy team and we get worse?

If we aren't contending in the SEC in two years, anyone thinking a coach gets five years needs to realign their thinking compass. Nobody get 5 years unless we get a great record in the SEC and a BCS bowl. I'll just guess now that Jones will not get 5 years. Or, 4 years.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back