Israel vs Palestinians

That land has been occupied/conquered by Assyrians, Hittites, Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Turks, Crusaders, Ottomans, and British. There's never been a "Palestinian" state or nation prior to very modern times. The Jews lost millions during WW2 so understandably they would want a country of their own to ensure that doesn't happen again.

That land has been occupied/conquered by Assyrians, Hittites, Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Turks, Crusaders, Ottomans, and British. There's never been a "Palestinian" state or nation prior to very modern times. The Jews lost millions during WW2 so understandably they would want a country of their own to ensure that doesn't happen again.
Jews were on the land in numbers before 1948.
The fight has been going on long before that. The Jews were being attacked and killed by the Arabs before that so it was considered peaceful by these morons. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it’s a problem for them

Reactions: UT_Dutchman and jp1
There're a case to be made that those who would take away the basic human rights and freedoms of others are inferior. The govt systems pushed by most Muslim countries are absolutely inferior if basic human rights and freedoms are important.

Yet England and America ae importing that.

Check the mirror. What we make or help make happen is absolutely our business.
No it’s not.
It wasn’t our business then. Butting in then doesn’t make it our business now. Thanks for the warning but I’m constantly looking in the mirror to make sure **** bags are not sneaking up on me. IMG_1155.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It’s interesting that people say silly **** like that, while talking about land that has been in dispute 1000’s of years, and at the same time sitting on land stolen from native peoples less than 150 years ago. Land stolen by invaders with no history or claim to the land.
Maybe the European colonizers should STFU and mind their own business.
yeah, the whole notion that the first people-group to occupy a certain piece of property have perpetual rights exclusive of any other people-group is crazy. That just is not the way of human development. Nor should it be.

I don't think anyone "stole land from native peoples", however. It was conquered, pure and simple. The way lands have been conquered for millennia.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I propose they don't steal other people's land to make a place to live.
Would it make a difference if they believed they were reclaiming the land from people who had stolen it from them?

If not, then we have to go back in history to establish the first group to ever be there. How are we going to do that? And, if we do that, should we have to do that globally? With all our co-mingled DNA, how do we establish who has priority to land ownership based on first-in-time?

I don't see how this works practically. The only way is to establish an "effective date" to establish title rights, but even then, when land has transferred hands as much as the ME has, each side will choose an effective date that works to their advantage and gives them rights to the land.

This land has been fought over for 1000s of years and it will continue to be ground zero for conflict until the end of time.

I propose they don't steal other people's land to make a place to live.
Ok, but how far back do we go? If anyone comes forth with historical or genetic claim should we uproot civilization to make it right? You must see how problematic that would be.

Basically, you. You're a fundamentally dishonest individual. Either that or you're extremely stupid, although both are possible.
You misrepresented what I wrote, as you do very often to others' posts.

It wasn’t even slightly misrepresented. When you call Israeli’s “European colonizers”, you’re denying their heritage.

Reactions: InVOLuntary and jp1
So they used PETN explosives in the batteries, and here we import all these electronics from China..

VN Store

Back