Israel vs Palestinians

How do you feel about sourcing naval capital assets from Japan & South Korea?
They can build boats for 1/3 the cost that we do.
So how are we going to pay more with less investment than we currently have? If we're already paying 3x then maybe we first need to figure out why

Something they could have said about him 40yrs ago. They've gone so long without real change that there's no reason to believe it will happen once he's gone
But my point is there have been better to good faith attempts made. Both sides have shown themselves exceedingly adept at breaking/bending agreements.

And some administrations more than others.

So how are we going to pay more with less investment than we currently have? If we're already paying 3x then maybe we first need to figure out why
What?

I’m saying buy Japanese destroyers at $1B per boat
- vs -
Buying from General Dynamics for $3B per boat.

That would save money. Lots of it.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say.

Reactions: Vol8188
The “why” is the portion of my post you cut off.

Incestuous relationships between flag officers, defense contractors, and politicians.

And no competition or expectations for our domestic producers.

What?

I’m saying buy Japanese destroyers at $1B per boat
- vs -
Buying from General Dynamics for $3B per boat.

That would save money. Lots of it.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say.
We have the largest investment in these products yet still cost 3x. What would save money is to figure out why and do it here. You say cutting will raise costs but that's obviously not the case with these boats

We have the largest investment in these products yet still cost 3x. What would save money is to figure out why and do it here. You say cutting will raise costs but that's obviously not the case with these boats
I’ve stated what we need to do to build these for less here. Competition being a key factor.

We don’t sell these platforms externally to others - we are the sole purchaser.

Cutting off external sales of Jets, Tanks, Bombs, etc would raise our per unit cost on those items.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Everyone here has condemned Hamas killing children and civilians generally, I condemn Hezbollah killing children and civilians too. So what are my views on the subject
The only thing so many people seem to be unwilling to admit is that condemnation of Hamas and Hezbollah is functionally meaningless if one does not admit the logical follow on and agree that Israel has the right to take warlike actions to thwart Hamas and Hezbollah and that means that (like in every war) some innocent civilians will perish in that war.
It does no good to call Hamas and Hezbollah “bad” while forbidding Israel to do anything about the badness. And that is what they are doing under the wars of war and are actually going out of their way to minimize civilian casualties when their opponents break the rules of war by placing themselves in civilian dwellings and institutions.

The only thing so many people seem to be unwilling to admit is that condemnation of Hamas and Hezbollah is functionally meaningless if one does not admit the logical follow on and agree that Israel has the right to take warlike actions to thwart Hamas and Hezbollah and that means that (like in every war) some innocent civilians will perish in that war.
It does no good to call Hamas and Hezbollah “bad” while forbidding Israel to do anything about the badness. And that is what they are doing under the wars of war and are actually going out of their way to minimize civilian casualties when their opponents break the rules of war by placing themselves in civilian dwellings and institutions.
There is a wide gulf between “not being able to do anything” and killing 30K+ civilians

Nash and Orange Tzar make valid points. I was stationed in Bahrain when the Sabra/shatila massacres occurred, 3,000 innocent palestenian women and children were murdered by Israeli backed Lebanese fighters. Being American in the middle of the Arab world was a tense place to be.

I spoke with the Bahrain Husbanding agent contracted to supply food and water to US ships operating in the Arabian gulf. His simple response was the Israelies were paying back for and incident that occurred 1,500 years ago, so it was all even.

With attitudes such as his, shared by Muslims and Jews alike, don't look for any peace ever in the mideast world.

Nash and Orange Tzar make valid points. I was stationed in Bahrain when the Sabra/shatila massacres occurred, 3,000 innocent palestenian women and children were murdered by Israeli backed Lebanese fighters. Being American in the middle of the Arab world was a tense place to be.

I spoke with the Bahrain Husbanding agent contracted to supply food and water to US ships operating in the Arabian gulf. His simple response was the Israelies were paying back for and incident that occurred 1,500 years ago, so it was all even.

With attitudes such as his, shared by Muslims and Jews alike, don't look for any peace ever in the mideast world.
Agree with you on this. They have always fought, and they will continue to fight. This goes back thousands of years.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back