Israel vs Palestinians

You said it was due to Zionists. That's simply Jews wanting a state in their ancestral homeland isn't it? I mean even the definition states as much.

So Zionist immigration is or isn't the main driver?
You mention governing themselves and living in the land of their ancestors but are you considering the people whose families lived there for hundreds of years before the Zionists pushed them out?

Reactions: NashVol11
You mention governing themselves and living in the land of their ancestors but are you considering the people whose families lived there for hundreds of years before the Zionists pushed them out?
And Jews were forced out after 100's of years and replaced by the Palestinians..... If that's the bar we use to measure the right or wrong then should we not also consider this?

It perfectly sums up why this conflict is so complicated and likely will never end. Israel's right predates the Palestinian people. Jews were displaced mostly after the Romans were defeated as I understand it.

Strike that, Jews were removed from Israel mostly by the Romans.

Last edited:
And Jews were forced out after 100's of years and replaced by the Palestinians..... If that's the bar we use to measure the right or wrong then should we not also consider this?

It perfectly sums up why this conflict is so complicated and likely will never end. Israel's right predates the Palestinian people. Jews were displaced mostly after the Romans were defeated as I understand it.

We never left the land completely. I have cousins on the land that they can prove was their family land for the last 500 years.
Like I said, the dipsticks want to start the clock when the Arabs started being on the losing end. Jews refusing to be pushed around (edit:in our current situation) began with a guy named Fisher in the 1830s. “Zionism” started in the 1880s. This is a fight that has been going on for 100s of years and doesn’t end with who was there first. All that matters is who is winning now.

Yes by the Romans, more than a few years ago. The recent immigrants have little valid claim on the land than do those whose families have been there for many generations.

Yes by the Romans, more than a few years ago. The recent immigrants have little valid claim on the land than do those whose families have been there for many generations.
And Jews were there for many more generations before that. If your reasoning is to go back the prior people who held claim to the land why pick that specific point in time?

It doesn't make sense to arbitrarily pick a generation and say revert back to that. All people have been displaced at some point and either homogenized into the conquering inhabitants or moved elsewhere.

Besides saying they have claim to the land prior..... Which can also be said for the Israeli's, what is the reasoning for why Palestinians should have Israel and the Israeli's displaced again?

And Jews were there for many more generations before that. If your reasoning is to go back the prior people who held claim to the land why pick that specific point in time?

It doesn't make sense to arbitrarily pick a generation and say revert back to that. All people have been displaced at some point and either homogenized into the conquering inhabitants or moved elsewhere.

Besides saying they have claim to the land prior..... Which can also be said for the Israeli's, what is the reasoning for why Palestinians should have Israel and the Israeli's displaced again?
If you're gone from a place for nearly two thousand years you lose title, no?
Why stop with the Israelis; why not restore the land to those who lived there before them?

Cherokee probably. Do you think theft here excuses theft there?
No, just wondering then if you would think it okay if a band of Cherokee butchered you up the next time you are at a bluegrass festival. Because that is what you seem to be excusing when it comes to the Palestinians.
If land “theft” makes murder of innocents ok; then we are all legitimate targets, no?

VN Store

Back