Israel vs Palestinians

The Palestinian leadership did cooperate with Nazi Germany, and they did conspire with the German plan to eradicate the Jews living there. Fate intervened.

Hash it any way you want that puts them on the wrong side.
Didn't that 'leadership' relocate to Germany and wasn't it pretty much ignored by the bulk of the Palestinians? The Palestinians were more with the British than with the Germans.

Last edited:
Didn't that 'leadership' relocate to Germany and wasn't it pretty much ignored by the bulk of the Palestinians? The Palestinians were with the British than with the Germans.
You have it backwards, the majority of Palestinians supported al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He pledged his support to Germany claiming they shared the same enemy...... Meaning Jews.

You have to understand, the Palestinians were under British colonial rule which they resented. Al-Husseini was a Muslim noble which carried great status as he traced his lineage to Muhammad. He was exiled by the British because he was such a problem and had support of Palestinians.

Last edited:
Didn't that 'leadership' relocate to Germany and wasn't it pretty much ignored by the bulk of the Palestinians? The Palestinians were with the British than with the Germans.

^^^ not speaking to you personally bud, just using your post as an example..also a recent post of yours worded the same way.

Read the last sentence above guys. I see this style regularly these days...does it not sound wrong when you read the way "than" is used? It may be grammatically correct (now anyway...is it?) but it sounds extremely weird to me.

"The Palestinians were with the British than with the germans".

What?

How about:

The Palestinians were with the British, rather than with the Germans.

Or even simpler " the Palestinians were with the British, not with the germans."

Or
The Palestinians were with the British, moreso than with the Germans.

It must be a generational thing, because i see this wording regularly now on the net. You wouldn't say. " I would have a Honda than a Toyota". Or " I would eat a cheeseburger than a taco". Yet people do that exact same thing like in the sentence above with regularity now. It sounds so strange, it gives me pause when i read it...not sure if the person typed "than" instead of "then" or if they are just using the strange grammar above?

How about " I would rather have a Honda than a Toyota." And " I would rather eat a cheeseburger than a taco." Those sound correct to me, i have never in 47 years of life heard anyone speak in the manner above only using the word "than" to compare 2 different things. Ever. Is this just me? Am I getting senile early? I am not college educated so definitely not an English major or a grammar Nazi...just a random blue collar dude that doesn't understand if something has changed since I was in school eons ago? With this Common Core math, Ebonics, "math is racist" and "no child left behind" nonsense affecting public schools I actually have no idea what they teach anymore. My kids never went to public schools so i am ignorant as to what they now deem is correct/incorrect. Any of you college educated folks want to weigh in here? Hope I didn't teach my kids incorrectly, I have always corrected their grammar and spelling when needed. I may have screwed up here?

^^^ not speaking to you personally bud, just using your post as an example..also a recent post of yours worded the same way.

Read the last sentence above guys. I see this style regularly these days...does it not sound wrong when you read the way "than" is used? It may be grammatically correct (now anyway...is it?) but it sounds extremely weird to me.

What?

How about:

Or even simpler " the Palestinians were with the British, not with the germans."

Or

It must be a generational thing, because i see this wording regularly now on the net. You wouldn't say. " I would have a Honda than a Toyota". Or " I would eat a cheeseburger than a taco". Yet people do that exact same thing like in the sentence above with regularity now. It sounds so strange, it gives me pause when i read it...not sure if the person typed "than" instead of "then" or if they are just using the strange grammar above?

How about " I would rather have a Honda than a Toyota." And " I would rather eat a cheeseburger than a taco." Those sound correct to me, i have never in 47 years of life heard anyone speak in the manner above only using the word "than" to compare 2 different things. Ever. Is this just me? Am I getting senile early? I am not college educated so definitely not an English major or a grammar Nazi...just a random blue collar dude that doesn't understand if something has changed since I was in school eons ago? With this Common Core math, Ebonics, "math is racist" and "no child left behind" nonsense affecting public schools I actually have no idea what they teach anymore. My kids never went to public schools so i am ignorant as to what they now deem is correct/incorrect. Any of you college educated folks want to weigh in here? Hope I didn't teach my kids incorrectly, I have always corrected their grammar and spelling when needed. I may have screwed up here?
I think it should have read sided more with the British than Germans....... But I could be wrong.

With that said I think it is grammatically correct.

What?

How about:

Or

I think it should have read sided more with the British than Germans....... But I could be wrong.

Yeah I think he meant to say “more with the British than with the Germans.” The way he wrote it (without the “more”) it should be “then” instead of “than”

Did they try to move back and claim it in the interim? If not, it's abandonment.

I have no idea if anyone tried to move back, but when an entire religion's holy book claims a land as belonging to that religious group, I dare say none of the adherents of that faith have "abandoned" their faith tradition's claim to the land.

Their claim my not be something you think you should recognize, and you may be correct; regardless the claim is there. It has been there for as long as the sons of Abraham have identified as an identifiable religious group.

To me, it is somewhat analogous to American Indian/Native American peoples. I haven't seen a bunch of indigenous peoples trying to move back and claim lands their ancestors once inhabited, but that doesn't mean there aren't those who still claim the land is rightfully theirs.

What?

How about:

Or

Your take is correct. I inadvertently left out the word 'more'. Edit done.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Again, I have the right to go to Mars. But if I don't have the money (few Palestinian women work and, of that few, most work in low paying industries) or have the support and assistance of those who could help me (social norms and the courts are stacked against women in the territories), my right to go to Mars is pretty useless.

Less than 8% of Palestinian women own homes. A significantly larger percentage of Arab women own property in Israel than do their Palenstinian counterparts (though, of course, Israel is terrible, so I bet those homes have outdated light fixtures and ugly wallpaper). Their "rights" are only as useful as their ability to exercise them.
Just curious. how many women own property in Saudi Arabia?

I’ve never seen you do anything but blame others (mainly Israelis) for the poor actions of Palestinians. Hard to claim you believe they have agency given your own statements
A paraphrase of the wife beater “Look what you made me do”.
I still never got a response when I asked if (by his logic) it was defensible for a band of Cherokees to attack him at a music festival since he too is dwelling on “stolen land”)

Their goal of destruction is limited to Israel as far as I know.

Hamas and Hezbollah combined aren't a large portion of the religion. I haven't seen anything which indicates they want to eradicate a whole race. Have they?

They're an ethnic group. They're not Jordanian, not Lebanese, not Egyptian, etc.; they're Palestinian. They're Christian and Muslim so yeah religion probably wouldn't apply.
Actions 1, 2, and 3 look to apply. Let's see what the ICJ says.

Here are multiple examples of EV denying Hamas and Hezbollah’s intent of genocide, followed by a post defending the claim that Israel is committing genocide

Last edited:

Yeah I think he meant to say “more with the British than with the Germans.” The way he wrote it (without the “more”) it should be “then” instead of “than”

Your take is correct. I inadvertently left out the word 'more'. Edit done.

Appreciate the feedback, i see it regularly online so I was confused. Thanks guys. Fwiw, the grammar used here in the PF is better than many articles i read on actual websites with paid "journalists". They used to have actual editors that proofread stuff before publication. What passes for journalism, and decent prose for that matter is sad these days.

Appreciate the feedback, i see it regularly online so I was confused. Thanks guys. Fwiw, the grammar used here in the PF is better than many articles i read on actual websites with paid "journalists". They used to have actual editors that proofread stuff before publication. What passes for journalism, and decent prose for that matter is sad these days.
ESPN is horrible about this, I want them to get a real copy editor so bad

VN Store

Back