Israel vs Palestinians

Hamas intentionally seeks out and murders over 1000 Israeli civilians
Hamas hides behind their own civilians
Palestinian civilians overwhelmingly support the murder of Israeli civilians
Palestinian civilians overwhelmingly support Hamas

It’s the actual role of Hamas to protect Palestinian citizens and they do the exact opposite…yet some in here want to continually cry about the IDF.

The two sides aren’t the same. It’s not even close.

The civilians dying for the crime of going to a concert aren’t the same as the civilians who overwhelmingly support Hamas and Oct 7th.

The army that’s providing aid to the Palestinian civilians isn’t the same as the terrorist group who intentionally kidnaps infants and kills their own civilians to steal that aid.

If you care about Palestinian civilians, you’d be supporting the IDF in the removal of Hamas

Last edited:
That is such a moronic non-sequitur that it would have been surprising if you didn't think it was brilliant.
Maybe shouldn’t be talking about what’s brilliant when you have nothing of substance whatsoever to say beyond cheerleading civilian death, good job of talking just to hear yourself talk though

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Maybe shouldn’t be talking about what’s brilliant when you have nothing of substance whatsoever to say beyond cheerleading civilian death, good job of talking just to hear yourself talk though

Obama would order a drone stroke and unintentionally kill civilians.

Is that morally the same as Hamas members intentionally chasing down unarmed civilians at a music festival?

Or can you draw a distinction there?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
And you’re the one suggesting to provide additional arms to the people turning those arms on their own citizens. That’s the type of solid suggestion we’ve all came to expect from you
No, I said you should since you're complaining. I wouldn't give hamas a thing.

That is such a moronic non-sequitur that it would have been surprising if you didn't think it was brilliant.
Actually if there was, for instance, a compound of Jews that were knowingly sheltering Hamas terrorists I'm not sure it couldn't be posited the approach would be all that different. They'd be considered traitors of the most heinous nature. Of course what we all (well, most of us anyway) understand is that the idea of Israeli citizens en mass harboring Hamas fighters really doesn't make for a good comparative argument.

You should start a collection for some heavy weaponry for them then.
So they can target more civilians? Both sides are targeting civilians. One side is more efficient at it. Hamas would do all that and more to inflict similar casualties on Israelis if they had the means.

I don't like the death any more than you do. But what is the answer?

Hamas intentionally seeks out and murders over 1000 Israeli civilians
Hamas hides behind their own civilians
Palestinian civilians overwhelmingly support the murder of Israeli civilians
Palestinian civilians overwhelmingly support Hamas

It’s the actual role of Hamas to protect Palestinian citizens and they do the exact opposite…yet some in here want to continually cry about the IDF.

The two sides aren’t the same. It’s not even close.

The civilians dying for the crime of going to a concert aren’t the same as the civilians who overwhelmingly support Hamas and Oct 7th.

The army that’s providing aid to the Palestinian civilians isn’t the same as the terrorist group who intentionally kidnaps infants and kills their own civilians to steal that aid.

If you care about Palestinian civilians, you’d be supporting the IDF in the removal of Hamas

I'm a bit less in the "the Palestinians support Hamas" camp than you, but I am firmly in the "the Palestinians need to take control and ownership of the situation and they should have either left or kicked Hamas out before this happened" camp.

In other words, I do think Palestinians in Gaza have a significant amount of blame on their shoulders for the state of affairs, maybe just not as much as you would assign.

I'm a bit less in the "the Palestinians support Hamas" camp than you, but I am firmly in the "the Palestinians need to take control and ownership of the situation and they should have either left or kicked Hamas out before this happened" camp.

In other words, I do think Palestinians in Gaza have a significant amount of blame on their shoulders for the state of affairs, maybe just not as much as you would assign.
Surely Trump gets some blame from you.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Surely Trump gets some blame from you.

I don't think any US official is to blame for 10/7, be they Dem or R.

I think whoever the incumbent was at the time -- in this case Biden --- has a very tough path to follow to both support Israel but advocate for some moderation to keep the whole ME from blowing up. Such may be inevitable, frankly. But the longer we keep that wolf at bay, the better the chance that new generations emerge to take control and see the wisdom of finding a long term solution.

I do think its terrible that both sides of that conflict, Israeli and Palestinian, insist that the the situation is black and white, wrong/right. Because its not and, more importantly, for the future the notion of wrong/right has to be set aside to arrive at a "we can live with that" plan.

I think whoever the incumbent was at the time -- in this case Biden --- has a very tough path to follow to both support Israel but advocate for some moderation to keep the whole ME from blowing up. Such may be inevitable, frankly. But the longer we keep that wolf at bay, the better the chance that new generations emerge to take control and see the wisdom of finding a long term solution.

I do think its terrible that both sides of that conflict, Israeli and Palestinian, insist that the the situation is black and white, wrong/right. Because its not and, more importantly, for the future the notion of wrong/right has to be set aside to arrive at a "we can live with that"

This is where we disagree most. Supporting Israel is how you keep the ME from blowing up. Not “moderation”. These various groups are pushing boundaries because they’ve been allowed to.

On Sunday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Charles Q. Brown made the extraordinary claim that America will not protect Israel in a war with Lebanon's Hezbollah terrorists.

'The U.S. won't likely be able to help Israel defend itself against a broader Hezbollah war as well as it helped Israel fight off an Iranian barrage of missiles and drones,' Brown told reporters.

1719366268299.png
Hezbollah training exercises in southern Lebanon on May 21, 2023.

I do think its terrible that both sides of that conflict, Israeli and Palestinian, insist that the the situation is black and white, wrong/right. Because its not and, more importantly, for the future the notion of wrong/right has to be set aside to arrive at a "we can live with that" plan.
Remember this high-IQ government official? I think he said just 8 days before the hamas attack on Israeli civilians that the mideast is the quietest it has been in two decades.

1719367112282.png

VN Store

Back