Israel vs Palestinians

You're the joker dancing around the questions. Before the partition they were the majority. What happened?
How much land did they purchase, and where?
If they had bought it why did they see the need to do ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians?
So now they are a particular ethnicity? I don't think so.

Modern Wars just don't work. Every war is going to turn out the same with the losing/inferior side resorting to insurgency/terrorist tactics and pretending to be "civilians." Vietnam over and over again.

There is a reason wars were fought differently in the past and people didn't necessarily put rules around protecting civilians.

You’re wanting me to answer nonsense questions. There was no ethnic cleansing. How long have you been beating your wife?

As far as % of land, roughly 10%
There sure was ethnic cleansing. A little research will show you, if you want to know the truth.
10% of the land isn't much. How'd they get the rest?

There sure was ethnic cleansing. A little research will show you, if you want to know the truth.
10% of the land isn't much. How'd they get the rest?

Meh, the Palestinians just ethnically cleansed off the Greeks, Romans, Jews, Phoenicians, and Coptic Egyptians out of the region after the Caliphate ran out the Byzantine Empire in the 7th and 8th Centuries so it is just pot meets kettle situation.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Modern Wars just don't work. Every war is going to turn out the same with the losing/inferior side resorting to insurgency/terrorist tactics and pretending to be "civilians." Vietnam over and over again.

There is a reason wars were fought differently in the past and people didn't necessarily put rules around protecting civilians.
Go through that 'Vietnam all over again' bit. Did we and the South Vietnamese resort to insurgency / terrorist tactics?

Go through that 'Vietnam all over again' bit. Did we and the South Vietnamese resort to insurgency / terrorist tactics?

Possibly. The only way to win wars is to kill your enemy entirely.

Age of Empires gets it correct. If you don't kill the villagers, they will just keep mining food, wood, stone, and gold to rebuilt their armies. Eventually you have to attack the towns, farms, mines, etc.

You're right, they're Poles, Russians, Latvian and other European nationalities. Oops, sorry, that's the Zionists.

More weird antisemitic lies. The paternal dna results are consistent with the claim of middle eastern origins. I’m sure you know that though

Reactions: jp1
Possibly. The only way to win wars is to kill your enemy entirely.

Age of Empires gets it correct. If you don't kill the villagers, they will just keep mining food, wood, stone, and gold to rebuilt their armies. Eventually you have to attack the towns, farms, mines, etc.
History tells us otherwise.

Meh, the Palestinians just ethnically cleansed off the Greeks, Romans, Jews, Phoenicians, and Coptic Egyptians out of the region after the Caliphate ran out the Byzantine Empire in the 7th and 8th Centuries so it is just pot meets kettle situation.
When did they do that and under whose leadership?

Syria was mostly made up of Aramaic and Greek speakers with a partly Arab population, especially in its eastern and southern parts.

Very little Arabs there prior to Islamic Caliphate conquest. They immigrated in, displaced/killed local population, and replaced them. Sound familiar?
I think you're mixing the local people with those who invaded. Remember a lot of Palestinians are Christian.

I think you're mixing the local people with those who invaded. Remember a lot of Palestinians are Christian.

The stat is less than 5%. Palestine is an extension of the Arab Caliphate similar to Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and other nations. The local population from antiquity is mostly gone. It is due to wars/genocides in the Medieval period.

USA isn't much different though. Look how we got Texas and the West (or most our land).

The stat is less than 5%. Palestine is an extension of the Arab Caliphate similar to Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and other nations. The local population from antiquity is mostly gone. It is due to wars/genocides in the Medieval period.

USA isn't much different though. Look how we got Texas and the West (or most our land).
I believe a lot of the local population is descended from those who lived there in antiquity. A lot of Christians skedaddled when management changed in 1948.
That's a good comparison. There are a lot of similarities.

To very varying degrees. They're no more of a particular ethnicity than the Palestinians.
I would say more a cohesive religious group with some racial solidarity. Point being that wiping out ALL of the Jews would be a genocide or at least an attempted genocide vs. wiping out the people that lived in Gaza would be. That's only my opine.

Reactions: EasternVol
I believe a lot of the local population is descended from those who lived there in antiquity. A lot of Christians skedaddled when management changed in 1948.
That's a good comparison. There are a lot of similarities.

Your belief would be wrong. Go talk to a Coptic Egyptian or Assyrian. Most of the current population in these Middle Eastern Nations identify as Arab and Muslim. There are tribes (with different DNA strands) that are directly related to the peoples that once ruled that land.

Go read about Assyrians, Chaldeans, Aramaics, Coptics, etc. if you don't believe me. You can Google it.

Your belief would be wrong. Go talk to a Coptic Egyptian or Assyrian. Most of the current population in these Middle Eastern Nations identify as Arab and Muslim. There are tribes (with different DNA strands) that are directly related to the peoples that once ruled that land.

Go read about Assyrians, Chaldeans, Aramaics, Coptics, etc. if you don't believe me. You can Google it.
I've read in a few places that DNA shows the Palestinians are descended from early inhabitants of the area. I'll recheck that.

Reactions: volbound1700

VN Store

Back