Israel vs Palestinians

Bless your pointy little head. I'm absolutely shocked that you misread my post.

It’s not about if I read or misread it. It’s about establishing if it’s a fair comparison. Unless you consider them to be equal, it’s not a fair comparison. That’s why I answered the hypothetical scenario of Canadian democrats abducting infants and murdering their own people.

You keep bringing up Hamas support in Gaza is lower... Like it's means something... Unless they are their own entity... Their lower support doesn't matter and it's still higher the 50%
I answered your 'they elected hamas' comment. Now you're adding to what I said. It still doesn't mean the IDF's justified in attacking noncombatants.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
It’s not about if I read or misread it. It’s about establishing if it’s a fair comparison. Unless you consider them to be equal, it’s not a fair comparison. That’s why I answered the hypothetical scenario of Canadian democrats abducting infants and murdering their own people.
I mentioned Canadians attacking American Democrats. You're skipping the distinction between combatants and noncombatants.

Reactions: NashVol11
I mentioned Canadians attacking American Democrats. You're skipping the distinction between combatants and noncombatants.

Do you think the American Democrats are a fair comparison to Hamas? Do they murder their own in the streets? Do they kidnap infants as hostages?

If so, I have no problem with going after all party members.

Upper leadership of Hamas would technically be non-combatants. Do you think it’s wrong to target them?

Do you think the American Democrats are a fair comparison to Hamas? Do they murder their own in the streets? Do they kidnap infants as hostages?

If so, I have no problem with going after all party members.

Upper leadership of Hamas would technically be non-combatants. Do you think it’s wrong to target them?
You're making the comparison by ignoring that a lot of hamas members are civil service and not military and haven't fought or attacked Israel.
Upper leaders of hamas that planned and ordered the attacks are fair game. Those that had nothing to do with them aren't.

You're making the comparison by ignoring that a lot of hamas members are civil service and not military and haven't fought or attacked Israel.
Upper leaders of hamas that planned and ordered the attacks are fair game. Those that had nothing to do with them aren't.

The others are aiding in Hamas’ ability to attack. They’re fair game. If an organization is openly murdering their own people and kidnapping infants, and you continue to do their bidding, you’re guilty too.

Reactions: MR_VOL and hog88
The others are aiding in Hamas’ ability to attack. They’re fair game. If an organization is openly murdering their own people and kidnapping infants, and you continue to do their bidding, you’re guilty too.
That's like saying Israeli civilians were fair game for attack on 7 October since they aided the Israeli government / IDF's ability to oppress Palestinian civilians. You're very wrong.

That's like saying Israeli civilians were fair game for attack on 7 October since they aided the Israeli government / IDF's ability to oppress Palestinian civilians. You're very wrong.

It’s not.

Edit: I’m pretty sure you’ve even personally admitted Hamas is worse than the IDF. If so, your argument doesn’t work. But even then you’d still have the hurdle of civilian vs hamas member to overcome here

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It’s not.

Edit: I’m pretty sure you’ve even personally admitted Hamas is worse than the IDF. If so, your argument doesn’t work. But even then you’d still have the hurdle of civilian vs hamas member to overcome here
They're both bad. The IDF's got much more innocent blood on its hands.
Hamas members and Likud members are both fair game? No, only the military and those directly involved in military activity.

They're both bad. The IDF's got a far higher amount of innocent blood on its hands.
Hamas members and Likud members are both fair game? No, only the military and those directly involved in military activity.

If Hamas was a traditional military and if the IDF was as bad as Hamas (they’re obviously not), you would have an argument.

You don’t.

The last time hamas had any opposition they killed them. So there’s that. At any rate any support of Hamas doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to kill their non-combatants.

The same guy who admits this, also believes Hamas members aren’t acceptable targets unless they meet his strict definition of combatant and wants to compare it to murdering members of Israeli political parties….

Which is it? Is Hamas just a normal political party? Or are they an evil terrorist group who kills their own citizens?

Reactions: jp1
If Hamas was a traditional military and if the IDF was as bad as Hamas (they’re obviously not), you would have an argument.

You don’t.
It doesn't matter if they're a traditional military. To say that the IDF doesn't have much more innocent blood on its hands than hamas is ridiculous. Look at civilian deaths and injuries on both sides going back to hamas' founding.

The same guy who admits this, also believes Hamas members aren’t acceptable targets unless they meet his strict definition of combatant and wants to compare it to murdering members of Israeli political parties….

Which is it? Is Hamas just a normal political party? Or are they an evil terrorist group who kills their own citizens?
Killing civilians is killing civilians. It's always unacceptable. You're doing a silly dance to try to justify your team doing it.

Killing civilians is killing civilians. It's always unacceptable. You're doing a silly dance to try to justify your team doing it.

No, it’s not the same and we can’t even agree on who are/are not civilians. Once again, I do not see Hamas members as civilians.

You’re trying to falsely compare an organization that murders their own citizens, openly, to democratic political parties. You’re the one dancing to pretend your insane comparison holds.

No, it’s not the same and we can’t even agree on who are/are not civilians. Once again, I do not see Hamas members as civilians.

You’re trying to falsely compare an organization that murders their own citizens, openly, to democratic political parties. You’re the one dancing to pretend your insane comparison holds.
Keep dancing to your illusions of reality.

Reactions: Vol8188
I answered your 'they elected hamas' comment. Now you're adding to what I said. It still doesn't mean the IDF's justified in attacking noncombatants.
I added nothing...your making a point separating Gaza and their support of Hamas different from the rest of Palestine..my point is that unless they are their own entity it doesn't matter if support there is less or not

I added nothing...your making a point separating Gaza and their support of Hamas different from the rest of Palestine..my point is that unless they are their own entity it doesn't matter if support there is less or not
I addressed the 'they elected hamas' fallacy. You're the one who brought up (added) support of hamas. And neither matter still. It's not acceptable to target civilians regardless of their voting record or political affiliations.

You must have a mental malfunction that makes you enjoy being a shytheel.
I didn't refer to hamas members. I referred to non-combatants that are pro-hamas per those polls you mentioned.
But since you brought it up, you can't kill hamas members if they're non-combatants. If we're in a war with Canada tomorrow can they kill any Democrat or can they only go after military targets?
Was Joseph Goebbels a non-combatant? Would it have been an illegal act to target him?

VN Store

Back