Jalen ButtHurts not happy with QB competition anymore. (would Tennessee be interested?)

Someone's Freudian slip showed from beneath their mentally tough exterior.

If you remember Bear, then you know he remembered General Neyland.

Fulmer's desire to restore the Tennessee tradition has nothing to do with Knoxville South (Tuscaloosa).

You may be over-analyzing this just a bit. But I'll play along. Yes, coach Bryant and Neyland had a lot of respect for one another. I was also a smaller part of the tail end of that culture through the 70s and 80s as I'm sure many over here were as well. The culture of this rivalry and being a fan of college football, in general, was in much better health when those guys roamed the sidelines. You can talk about mutual respect among fan bases until the cows come home but the fan experience was much different back then. When coach Bryant would talk about handling yourself with class, he was talking to everyone in Crimson, including the fans. And they knew it.

It got ugly when Fulmer forgot what he was a part of as a player. I don't think the rivalry will ever be as friendly and respectful again. In fact, in this day of social media, I would pretty much guarantee that.

LOL some of you talk as if it’s a foregone conclusion that’s Hurts will even choose to come to Tennessee. Were we even on his radar at all when he was a high school prospect? I know, I know, Pruitt’s here now. However I find it more likely that he would join Kiffin at FAU than Pruitt here.

You may be over-analyzing this just a bit. But I'll play along. Yes, coach Bryant and Neyland had a lot of respect for one another. I was also a smaller part of the tail end of that culture through the 70s and 80s as I'm sure many over here were as well. The culture of this rivalry and being a fan of college football, in general, was in much better health when those guys roamed the sidelines. You can talk about mutual respect among fan bases until the cows come home but the fan experience was much different back then. When coach Bryant would talk about handling yourself with class, he was talking to everyone in Crimson, including the fans. And they knew it.

It got ugly when Fulmer forgot what he was a part of as a player. I don't think the rivalry will ever be as friendly and respectful again. In fact, in this day of social media, I would pretty much guarantee that.
Fulmer did not bring the hate. That freaking forever long losing streak in the 80s and 90s did. He helped us love hating on yall more as he reversed the losing streak.

You all hate fulmer bc he turned you in for cheating. Kenny Smith is one of the losers you got caught trying to cheat to get. He was and is a loser. He helped start the down fall of the great stallings and got you on probation.

Fulmer did not bring the hate. That freaking forever long losing streak in the 80s and 90s did. He helped us love hating on yall more as he reversed the losing streak.

You all hate fulmer bc he turned you in for cheating. Kenny Smith is one of the losers you got caught trying to cheat to get. He was and is a loser. He helped start the down fall of the great stallings and got you on probation.

If I could like this a million times I would. It continues to amaze me at how many self-righteous Bama fans still want to hate on Fulmer for turning them in, rather than being mad at their own program for putting themselves in that position in the 1st place. Like they wouldn’t have done the exact same thing to us if the tables were turned! As AD, I hope Fulmer does it again! As good as Saban is, no program stacks 5 star on top of 5 star on top of 5 star the way he does without some shady **** going on! Now Kirby looks to be doing it at Georgia. Well, he learned from the best.

Last edited:
LOL some of you talk as if it’s a foregone conclusion that’s Hurts will even choose to come to Tennessee. Were we even on his radar at all when he was a high school prospect? I know, I know, Pruitt’s here now. However I find it more likely that he would join Kiffin at FAU than Pruitt here.
He's a Texas kid, his father still coaches hs football in Texas. Were I a betting man, he returns to the state of Texas IF he elects to transfer.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I really don’t blame Jalen. Especially if no one has even talked to him.
But here is an even bigger question, ... that no one is asking! Don’t you think it is amazingly fortuitous that an entire family was transported from Hawaii to Alabama, they found jobs completely on their own, in the right school districts fir their HS children, close by the university that recruited, and is recruiting, their two other sons!! Is it just me, or does that smell to high heavens?!! If that were anyone else besides Alabama the NCAA would be all over it!!!

If Hurts just so happened to want to come to UT you take him no questions asked. He’s better than anyone on our roster hands down. Not sure how there could be another side to this debate.
There's absolutely another side. This guy is airing out his complaints to the press. A malcontent like this can tear a locker room apart. There's more to winning football than just raw talent.

Also depends on how Shrout looks.

I think JT Shrout has the tools to be a very good QB......only time will tell. Hurt got them to the NC, and for Bama to diss him like this, should send a message to everyone that plays for Bama.............no loyalty and Nick Satan is a @$$ hat.

He's a Texas kid, his father still coaches hs football in Texas. Were I a betting man, he returns to the state of Texas IF he elects to transfer.

But here is an even bigger question, ... that no one is asking! Don’t you think it is amazingly fortuitous that an entire family was transported from Hawaii to Alabama, they found jobs completely on their own, in the right school districts fir their HS children, close by the university that recruited, and is recruiting, their two other sons!! Is it just me, or does that smell to high heavens?!! If that were anyone else besides Alabama the NCAA would be all over it!!!

LOL, it sounds to me like Gallatin High School back in the days of Calvin Short coaching with Goo Baby Woods running the ball and Thomas Woods catching it. I had a youngster playing baseball for our summer league team whose father got a job offer up in the stands to come to wonderful Gallatin to live and work.

Last edited:
Yet Fulmer wants to be just like us. Tuscaloosa North.

The same Tuscalooser North that Fulmer dominated? I can assure you Fulmer doesn't wanna be like Alabama. Yea who wouldn't wanna have the run Saban has had, but I doubt any of us see it again in our lifetime. I'm not a Saban fan, but respect what he's done. It's far more superior to anything Bryant did Because of the recruiting numbers now. Put Bryant in this ERA and he doesn't touch what Saban has done. Not to mention he was a womanizing drunk and that wouldn't fly these days.

But don't act like Alabama hasn't had bad times and decades with lots of coaching turnover. I live in Shelby County Alabama and it amazes me the lack of memory Alabama fans have. Alabama's time between Stallings and Saban is just as bad and possibly worse than our current run. Y'all had Dubose,Fran, Price( who never even got to coach a game) and Shula. We had a 9-1 run against Alabama. In the yrs between Stallings and Saban y'all had 3 losing seasons, a 6-6 season and 3 others that y'all had 21 wins vacated. Throw in 8 more vacated wins under Stallings because of the numerous probations under Stallings and Dubose. 3 years of being ineligible because of those numerous probations. '05,'06 and '07 all had vacated wins because of why?? Yep probation. A run from 1981 until 2009 with just 1 NC in that time. Since Fulmer was hired, including him we're on our 5th HC, Alabama in that time is on their 6th. In that time Alabama has vacated 29 wins vs our 0. So while I give props for the run Saban has had Ala on, don't act like y'all were killing it the 25 years prior to that with just 1 NC. Y'all had more probations than Championships from '81 till Saban won his first there. It amazes me the attitude by Alabama fans that they have never had bad times, droughts or never been a dumpster fire. The God's gift to college football by Bammer's and short term memory is my issue. I've clearly shown how wrong that Ala Fans thinking is. History and tradition y'all speak of daily clearly shows that those bad years will reappear again. As will the cyclical win streak in the TN/ Ala series shifting the other way. Just think, y'all were a job turndown away by Mike Riley and Rich Rod, from never having this run. So if you wanna celebrate the tradition yall eat, sleep and breathe, then you gonna remember the bad times too. The bad years help you appreciate the good yrs even more. Of course these days there's so many bandwagon Ala fans that they only know about the Saban years. I wear a Braves Hat or Visor a lot and couldn't tell you how many Ala fans walk up and say Roll Tide. The ones who can mistake the Braves A with the Ala A clearly don't know their team. Would be like a Vol fan walking up to a Longhorn fan and saying Go Vols. The Braves A is clearly different than Alabama's, plus the Braves Blue should be a giveaway too. I dislike Ala, but respect what they have accomplished. The fans are what's taken that dislike to the despise stage. But I can promise you neither Fulmer, Vol Fans or any body else do not want to be Alabama. We have enough tradition to never want that. But would like a HC with just half the success Saban has had. Hopefully Pruitt is ours.

I'm not complaining and it doesn't matter where or who is covering this story. Unlike the masses, you get the benefit of inside Bama info that is unique to Orangeville alone. You are, however, losing me with all this talk about forums and coming and going. Just think of me as the gift that keeps giving and no ones getting billed at the end of the month.

And you got to quit thinking of me as the "enemy." It's souring the milk of human kindness in your ability to relate to others of a different color. Try to think of me as just a humble SEC brethren that only has the long-term warfare of my fellow football fanatic in mind.
I hope you continue to post here, except after the game this year. Don’t want to hear your discussion of the game or any comment about it. Just let us roll in our misery. Otherwise your post show more intelligence than most.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Afraid so. Something no self-respecting high school head coach would put up with from any parent.

It's not much different that Tua transferring if he didn't play in the NC game or start this year. It may not be as publicly made, but the Ala insider's I know have said this a few times. You basically have 2 QB's making threats of transferring if they aren't the starter. Obviously Tua starting has a more long term effect because of his brother. Although I don't think it's a given little bro end up in Tuscaloosa. He most likely does, but it's far from decided or a given. The Ala people I know who know more than most aren't as confident as they once were. They said it wouldn't shock them if they ended up at Ala or TN. Someone else posted the other day saying an Ala insider said he won't end up at Ala. No clue who the guy is or how legit he is. The ones I know aren't sure either way, but know Pruitt atleast has us in the discussion. We will see.

Hurts father was the one that put it out there after the spring that if Jalen did not get the nod over Tua he would be going somewhere else. Saban just echoed what the father told the press. I actually think Saban tried to stay out of it.
I think Hurts probably ends up transferring but it won't be till he finishes his last 15 hrs and graduates. Makes no sense to transfer before then and have to sit out a year. But once he graduates then no doubt he's gone. Unless he somehow wins the job, which I doubt. Either way, one of Jalen and Tua won't be around after this season. I'm gonna be greedy and pull for both to say screw it and leave. These are the things that can divide locker rooms, no matter who the team or Coach's are. Alabama's schedule this year is a joke, they have the West and Playoff birth pretty much locked down. Their Non Conference is an absolute joke and they get Miss St, A'M and Aub at home. LSU is their toughest road game but with Coach O there they aren't beating Saban. Then get TN and Mizzou from the East. Taylor made for a Playoff run again.

He won't be going anywhere that they doesn't have a top 10 offensive line. Don't blame him for that.

I'm not sure that factors in much. His running ability can help offset that. Coaching and PT probably are the biggest factors for him. Some say he isn't a passer but his passing numbers are better than most. Is way better than Fitzgerald's and somehow Nick is listed as a great QB. Hurts career stats in 2 yrs are 62% comp, 4900 yards,7. 6 Y/A, 40/10 TD/ Int and a 143.5 passer rating. plus another 1800 yards rushing and 21 Rushing TD's. He can be inconsistent at times passing but his stats are legit. Obviously some of that is the team he plays on, but his passing is better than some give him credit for.

Tua's showing at the Elite 11 had him next to last place I believe or second to last. He was meh. Last place being a kid who got hurt so the boy didn't even compete. I only remember because Maurer ended up 4th or 5th. i'm sure its on the forums if you search it. I made a comment in the thread

I think he ended up 8th, which still isn't bad and Maurer 5th. A lot of times it's hard to base them off their stats in a 7 on 7 camp. Guys can have off days or not be on as good of a team as others. Those camps help guys like Maurer,who are not as well known get his name on the map. I've seen guys win the Elite 11 and never do anything in college. I really like Maurer and if we can land both then even better.

Don't forget Thompson HS, where Tua's brother plays at is coached by a Bammer Alum and almost half of his staff played at or graduated from Alabama. It's definitely not a coincidence, especially with Thompson HS never being a powerhouse or even a decent HC Football program. There was much better HS Football options with a winning history. Alabaster, Al is not a city that screams move here to families relocating. There's Hoover, Vestavia, Helena, Pelham, Trussville, Mtn Brook plus some really good High-schools in Tuscalooser that have been known powerhouses. There's no way that wasn't set up for them. You don't move from Hawaii to Alabaster to play at a historically bad HS Football school with being guided there. And their HS Coach has coached at numerous HS programs in Alabama and guess where most of his elite players have ended up?? In Tuscaloosa! No way in hell it's all a big coincidence.

VN Store

Back