Jalen ButtHurts not happy with QB competition anymore. (would Tennessee be interested?)

Do people even bother actually reading these articles before commenting on them? He was unhappy with the MEDIA's representation of the "battle"

My point is Thompson isn't even a great HS. I think it looks much more Shady going to a predominantly bad HS Football program with half the staff full of Bammer's. It doesn't get anymore questionable than that. People don't just pick Alabaster with all the better cities and school options around and easier that are easier to access. . Trey Smith is from TN, the same state his University is in. His sister also going to the same home state University isn't uncommon. so that argument is in typical Ala form and has no merit. Tua's family isn't from Alabama, so that argument makes no damn sense. There was no 3 timezone move by Trey or his sister to a below average HS, that's never been relevant in Football till last year. Thompson's HC, being a Bammer has a history of his elite players ending up in Tuscaloosa no matter what HS he's coaching at.. Just like the two he currently has at Thompson. That was found out with research. I guarantee if Mark Freeman wasn't coaching at Thompson, they would have never ended up there. Go visit Alabaster, Al and tell me that's the city and school you move thousand's of miles for. Trussville, Vestavia, Mtn Brook, Spain Park, Helena, Pelham, Calera or the numerous powerhouse and good school systems in Tuscaloosa. Alabaster isn't a city locally that people from out of state typically set their sights on. It's not the easiest school to access and till they recently opened the new HS, the last one was a complete dump. So they moved here while the old dump HS was still in use. Shut off the Bammer mentality and then you will be able to see how there's zero merit to your argument. Do you live in Alabama or are you an Alabama fan who either Never attended the University or never even lived in the state? I've seen that happen a lot the last 10-12 yrs, especially when I come back home to TN. There's Ala fans in TN, who have never even been to Tuscaloosa or even been to the state. I can understand if those same ones moved to TN from Ala like I moved from TN to Ala but that's not the case with the majority of the ones I know or have asked. Just curious, which category of Bammer do you fall into??

I'm not aware of any current families they picked up and followed their son to TN on the current roster but I guess it's possible. I would imagine if they did it would be to Knoxville and a school system in Knox County that's close to the University. Alabaster is over an hour away from Alabama's campus and in Shelby County, not Tuscaloosa County. Also remember Tua's brother went to a different HS so he wouldn't be stuck behind his brother. Who knows he may want to pave his own path and not follow in his brother's shadows. I think he ends up in Tuscaloosa but don't sleep on Pruitt's relationship with their Dad. He could decide he doesn't want the drama of competing with a HeadCoaching Legend's grandson. There's just as many reasons not to go to Ala as there is to go there.
If you bothered to read his posts in other threads you would know that he is from AL and grew up in Huntsville. There are TN fans that never went to UT either. What is your point?

My point is Thompson isn't even a great HS. I think it looks much more Shady going to a predominantly bad HS Football program with half the staff full of Bammer's. It doesn't get anymore questionable than that. People don't just pick Alabaster with all the better cities and school options around and easier that are easier to access. .

Are you serious? Are you talking about Thompson's new $68 million dollar high school? Take another hard look and see if you wouldn't mind slumming at Thompson. It's a highly rated school with about 2000 students last I looked.

Look inside Alabaster's new $68 million Thompson High School | AL ...

Do you live in Alabama or are you an Alabama fan who either Never attended the University or never even lived in the state? I've seen that happen a lot the last 10-12 yrs, especially when I come back home to TN. There's Ala fans in TN, who have never even been to Tuscaloosa or even been to the state. I can understand if those same ones moved to TN from Ala like I moved from TN to Ala but that's not the case with the majority of the ones I know or have asked. Just curious, which category of Bammer do you fall into??

Now you want my credentials and my historical connection to Alabama? You sound like a snob of the highest order. And there are a million reasons people move around, none the same, you are getting really weird.

I'm not aware of any current families they picked up and followed their son to TN on the current roster but I guess it's possible. I would imagine if they did it would be to Knoxville and a school system in Knox County that's close to the University. Alabaster is over an hour away from Alabama's campus and in Shelby County, not Tuscaloosa County. Also remember Tua's brother went to a different HS so he wouldn't be stuck behind his brother. Who knows he may want to pave his own path and not follow in his brother's shadows. I think he ends up in Tuscaloosa but don't sleep on Pruitt's relationship with their Dad. He could decide he doesn't want the drama of competing with a HeadCoaching Legend's grandson. There's just as many reasons not to go to Ala as there is to go there.

Sure it's possible to know and if you followed your team closely you should know some families that have relocated to be closer to their son. Did you go to Tennessee? Is it possible to graduate from Tennessee and not know this stuff? I just couldn't imagine someone with an actual diploma in hand from Knoxville who wouldn't have all this important data.

I'm not arguing about Taulia or the staff he plays for at Thompson. That's the parent's decision. You praised Taulia's dad for being open mined and getting behind his visit to Tennessee yet implied he's no more than a sheep relocating where coach Saban tells him. Seriously, you sound confused.

If you bothered to read his posts in other threads you would know that he is from AL and grew up in Huntsville. There are TN fans that never went to UT either. What is your point?

Dude I don't sit around and research where a poster is from. And if you bothered to process what I said you would know I didn't say you had to go to UT to be a fan. I said I've seen Ala fans in Tennessee who have never even lived in Ala or even been to Tuscaloosa. So find you some business, I was asking him the question. If I wanted you to answer for him, I would have included you in the questions or asked you directly. Neither of those 2 things happened. Hell if you are gonna respond, atleast make sure you read the entire thing. That was my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? Are you talking about Thompson's new $68 million dollar high school? Take another hard look and see if you wouldn't mind slumming at Thompson. It's a highly rated school with about 2000 students last I looked.

Look inside Alabaster's new $68 million Thompson High School | AL ...

Now you want my credentials and my historical connection to Alabama? You sound like a snob of the highest order. And there are a million reasons people move around, none the same, you are getting really weird.

Sure it's possible to know and if you followed your team closely you should know some families that have relocated to be closer to their son. Did you go to Tennessee? Is it possible to graduate from Tennessee and not know this stuff? I just couldn't imagine someone with an actual diploma in hand from Knoxville who wouldn't have all this important data.

I'm not arguing about Taulia or the staff he plays for at Thompson. That's the parent's decision. You praised Taulia's dad for being open mined and getting behind his visit to Tennessee yet implied he's no more than a sheep relocating where coach Saban tells him. Seriously, you sound confused.
I said he moved there before the new school opened. I'm very aware of what they spent and how nice it is. I'm 15 mins from there. I said Alabaster is not a city that is eye catching or screams move there. There are way better and nicer options to choose from. And with better Highschool football programs.

I also never called his Dad a Sheep and beg you to show where I said that. I said there was much better city and HS football options and it isn't a coincidence that Thompson's staff is loaded with Bammer's.

Yes I went to UT and also was born and raised there. But again I didn't say you had to go to a school to be a fan. But to be a so called die-hard fan of a school that you have never even been in the state or city typically screams bandwagon fan.

You are even more uninformed and show a higher level of stupidity than the average Ala fan. You are definitely setting the bar high for a Bama fan. I'm betting since you hang out on a Vol message board that even your own fanbase is embarrassed of you and down let you come around there much. So I will sympathize with you on that and cut you some slack. Always been a sucker for strays!

Last edited:
If you re looking for a "QB" you overlook Hurts.

If your looking for a RB that can handle snaps, make short throws, and pull it down and run, you make the attempt if he's free.

Reactions: bpalmer28 and tbh
Eh if JG loses the starting job and transfers we’ll probably test the waters for grad transfer QBs and we could definitely do worse than Hurts. If we’d have been able to get him (and he was eligible) this offseason, I’d have taken him over Chryst without thinking about it. They’re about the same accuracy wise and Hurts can run like a RB, so he’d probably do a lot of favors for an OL that has a lot of question marks.

Hurts is better right now than anything we have at QB. If he was our QB instead of Chryst or JG, we’d be a lock for a bowl game.

If you re looking for a "QB" you overlook Hurts.

If your looking for a RB that can handle snaps, make short throws, and pull it down and run, you make the attempt if he's free.
If our OL doesn’t get a lot better really fast, then that wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO.

1r94i4.jpg

Ban worthy for posting yet another Adams sensationalist link. I'll go out on a limb saying that without even reading his latest drivel.

Interesting that the perception of Adams on VN is that he is a Tennessee hater, yet here he is openly making the case for Hurts to transfer here.

Reactions: bpalmer28
So essentially if he only plays in 4 games or less then he can RS and transfer next year right? This may play out in UT's favor honestly. He is already familiar with the HC.

Ban worthy for posting yet another Adams sensationalist link. I'll go out on a limb saying that without even reading his latest drivel.

By happenstance, I was at Waffle House this morning and the guy down the counter brought it up. I told him life is too short to read that BS.

Reactions: livefaith
Eh if JG loses the starting job and transfers we’ll probably test the waters for grad transfer QBs and we could definitely do worse than Hurts. If we’d have been able to get him (and he was eligible) this offseason, I’d have taken him over Chryst without thinking about it. They’re about the same accuracy wise and Hurts can run like a RB, so he’d probably do a lot of favors for an OL that has a lot of question marks.

Hurts is better right now than anything we have at QB. If he was our QB instead of Chryst or JG, we’d be a lock for a bowl game.
Butch is gone, why would we need a strictly running qb?

Butch is gone, why would we need a strictly running qb?

I don't really get all the Adams hate. The guy is pretty cynical (like Tennessee fans can be) and can be highly critical of the team's play at times, especially when there is bad coaching.

Guess what...there's been a lot of bad play and bad coaching at Tennessee over the last decade.

VN Store

Back