Jerry jones

What is there to explain? Why should he explain anything? Would a "I was curious about what was going on" suffice as an explication or is an apology in order?
An apology along with a conversion to the Democrat Party and all will be forgiven for Kanye

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
WTF are you talking about? She me where I said that in quotes. You do know what quotation marks are used for, right?

Well, here's one example of something I didn't do. How did I act like he went looking for problems?

You are acting as though the 80 year old JJ went out looking for these problems or should have to answer to a photo taken decades ago as a teenager.

And here's where you removed "act like" but forgot to replace it with something, so I think you know what you did.

1669931356200.png

Let's say it's fair to recognize that there indeed are people in the world that can/will look at that picture and fabricate a narrative in their heads where they see "a bad look". I think that's been your stance.

What people are being dismissive about is that every single one of those people should be considered presentism driven racist idiots and at least ignored if not straight up told to pound sand.

We may think those people should be ignored but we are not managing a $6B+ brand.

How about people that are just curious about his explanation and haven't judged him? Aren't you guys curious? Why wouldn't you be, right?

Reactions: NashVol11
You guys think those people should be ignored but you are not managing a $6B+ brand.

How about people that are just curious about his explanation and haven't judged him? Aren't you guys curious? Why wouldn't you be?

Not curious in the least because he was 14 and it was 65 years ago.

Well, here's one example of something I didn't do. How did I act like he went looking for problems?

And here's where you removed "act like" but forgot to replace it with something, so I think you know what you did.

View attachment 519723
No, I changed it to say "you say the people". I was typing fast and left a word out. Also, I had done a word search on "acting" well before that. So nice try.

Learn what quotation marks are used for and stopped inserting words in my mouth that I never said.

No, I changed it to say "you say the people". I was typing fast and left a word out. Also, I had done a word search on "acting" well before that. So nice try.

If you wrote that I "said" then you'd be lying because I didn't say they should be taken seriously...and that's not what it said. It said "act like" and then it said nothing and now it says "say"

You guys think those people should be ignored but you are not managing a $6B+ brand.

How about people that are just curious about his explanation and haven't judged him? Aren't you guys curious? Why wouldn't you be?

I suppose from "their" POV that would seem reasonable. Problem is why the hell would their "curiosity" merit such action? He's not an elected official...he doesn't owe these people satisfaction regarding their ire or their curiosity. Whatever he may choose to say on the matter is up to him and if he makes any statements on the matter so be it. If he gives them all the finger that's fine too.

Reactions: hog88
I suppose from "their" POV that would seem reasonable. Problem is why the hell would their "curiosity" merit such action? He's not an elected official...he doesn't owe these people satisfaction regarding their ire or their curiosity. Whatever he may choose to say on the matter is up to him and if he makes any statements on the matter so be it. If he gives them all the finger that's fine too.

He bears the consequences of all of it, so it's up to him, of course.

Any answer he could give would just lead to more scrutiny and ire.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If you wrote that I "said" then you'd be lying because I didn't say they should be taken seriously...and that's not what it said. It said "act like" and then it said nothing and now it says "say"
No, it did not. Dude, I'm sure you could do a Google cache or something to see the original sentence. I left out the word "say".

Now with regards to you calling me a liar, explain to me what you mean here, because it sure sounds like you are saying that JJ needs to take these people seriously.

Yeah, and Jerry Jones doesn't want trouble from these people, especially if he doesn't have a good explanation because that group will grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Any answer he could give would just lead to more scrutiny and ire.

More likely than not. If that's all they've got, some many decades old picture where anything negative requires wringing an inference out of it like a damp towel, then let them go wail and gnash their teeth.

This is silly. It would be like having a picture of Jerry Jones as a teenager, standing on grassy knoll in Dallas, and implying he was involved in the Kennedy assassination
Would that be enough to force him to sell the Cowboys? Asking for a BUNCH of friends.

Reactions: volfanhill

View attachment 519723
You have the original screenshot right here. Notice on the right side there is nothing about it being edited.

Now look at this screenshot I just made of the edit:

1669932990996.png

Dallas deserves Jerry.
Oh shut the hell up 🤬

Truthfully JJ as an owner is a mixed bag. You won’t find a more passionate involved owner anywhere else in the sport. If somebody said write a check and go get this person/thing that he trusted he’d do it in a heartbeat. But he also gets TOO invested in the deal making. We overpaid highly for Prescott and Elliot and had to let Cooper go for money crunch. Of the three I’d rather have kept Cooper. Hey they’re all great but there is only so much salary under the cap.

Oh shut the hell up 🤬

Truthfully JJ as an owner is a mixed bag. You won’t find a more passionate involved owner anywhere else in the sport. If somebody said write a check and go get this person/thing that he trusted he’d do it in a heartbeat. But he also gets TOO invested in the deal making. We overpaid highly for Prescott and Elliot and had to let Cooper go for money crunch. Of the three I’d rather have kept Cooper. Hey they’re all great but there is only so much salary under the cap.

If JJ would hire a competent GM the Cowboys could be the Cowboys of old again.

No, it did not. Dude, I'm sure you could do a Google cache or something to see the original sentence. I left out the word "say".

Now with regards to you calling me a liar, explain to me what you mean here, because it sure sounds like you are saying that JJ needs to take these people seriously.

And talk to you more? Nah. Suffice it to say in no way does that say the people quick to judge should be taken seriously.

And talk to you more? Nah. Suffice it to say in no way does that say the people quick to judge should be taken seriously.
Dude, you said JJ needed to give them an explanation. That would be taking them seriously. WTF? Just admit it it and so I can call the dogs off.

Yeah, and Jerry Jones doesn't want trouble from these people, especially if he doesn't have a good explanation because that group will grow.

If JJ would hire a competent GM the Cowboys could be the Cowboys of old again.

They have a pretty strong FO. Cowboys have been one of the best drafting teams in the NFL for a decade. They also make pretty good FA decisions. Overpaying Zeke is the only notable mistake they have made. They overpaid Dak, but basically everybody overpays the QB, so hard to knock them for that.

The Cowboys haven't had a good run because they've been plagued by big injuries every year. I remember a stretch where Sean Lee + Tyron Smith + Dez were like 18-1 together over like 3 years, but two of them were usually missing. Now Lee and Bryant are done, but it's been kinda the same story with the new stars. Jalen Smith already cut because of injury. Zeke isn't usually 100%. T Smith continues to get hurt all the time (and the Guard, I forget his name) and it totally changed their fortune because they went from top 5 linemen on the left side to below average.

They just kept on drafting well and that's why they have a good team this year, even without T Smith, they lost Cedrick Wilson's son, and Amare Cooper plus Gallup and Dak's injuries. Dak and Gallup are back and Smith is supposed to come back. I know they think this every year, but might finally be the Cowboys year.

Edit: I should add that Garrett + McCarthy are also knocks against the FO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back