Jerry jones

Dude, you said JJ needed to give them an explanation. That would be taking them seriously. WTF? Just admit it it and so I can call the dogs off.

Jerry is running a $6B brand and he should worry about the mobs on each side because he has, again, I repeat, a $6B brand. Pointing this out in no way means that I think overreactions from the woke mob on the left or the anti-progressive mob on the right should be treated seriously by me or by you or by anybody simply discussing politics in America. JFC

They have a pretty strong FO. Cowboys have been one of the best drafting teams in the NFL for a decade. They also make pretty good FA decisions. Overpaying Zeke is the only notable mistake they have made. They overpaid Dak, but basically everybody overpays the QB, so hard to knock them for that.

The Cowboys haven't had a good run because they've been plagued by big injuries every year. I remember a stretch where Sean Lee + Tyron Smith + Dez were like 18-1 together over like 3 years, but two of them were usually missing. Now Lee and Bryant are done, but it's been kinda the same story with the new stars. Jalen Smith already cut because of injury. Zeke isn't usually 100%. T Smith continues to get hurt all the time (and the Guard, I forget his name) and it totally changed their fortune because they went from top 5 linemen on the left side to below average.

They just kept on drafting well and that's why they have a good team this year, even without T Smith, they lost Cedrick Wilson's son, and Amare Cooper plus Gallup and Dak's injuries. Dak and Gallup are back and Smith is supposed to come back. I know they think this every year, but might finally be the Cowboys year.
I was a Cowboys fan pre Titans.

It seems to me on the outside looking in, the problem has been coaching. Have they had good, consistent coaching since Jimmy Johnson? I guess we can say Barry Switzer since he won a SB with them, too.

Reactions: BreatheUT

It seems to me on the outside looking in, the problem has been coaching. Have they had good, consistent coaching since Jimmy Johnson? I guess we can say Barry Switzer since he won a SB with them, too.
I could have won a Super Bowl with the roster Switzer had. Parcells was the best coach we’d had since Johnson. Garrett was a yes man place holder. I’m hopeful on McCarthy but I’ll have to wait a bit to see if he’s able to fight off JJ’s meddling and bending to his will.

Yeah, i edited to point out coaching as a problem. However, I still think unlucky injury is the biggest reason. Like look at the Rams. They built a similar roster where it was heavy with stars on both sides of the ball and less was spent on depth, relatively speaking. The years the Rams haven't had key injuries, they went to the SB. The other years they didn't look great. Cowboys haven't had that year without key injuries.

Reactions: McDad
What if he was there to protest integration? Do you care?
Apparently you do. Why?
iu

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Grew up a Cowboys fan and when JJ let Johnson go he should have been drawn and quartered.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and McDad
Grew up a Cowboys fan and when JJ let Johnson go he should have been drawn and quartered.
When I moved to Dallas in ‘88 I was a Redskins fan. Talk about an exorcism… but growing up in East TN it was Washington or Atlanta so that’s an easy choice. But I’m a hardcore cowgirls fan now no turning back.

Skins to Boys???

That's a helluva conversion.
Indeed. Drew a few funny looks over the years. But looking in my closet it’s pretty clear all kinds of Cowboys gear and I have no idea where my Skins or Steelers toboggans are I had as a kid.

I’ve still got my Vols pennant in my man cave that my dad bought for me when I was around ten 😎

When I moved to Dallas in ‘88 I was a Redskins fan. Talk about an exorcism… but growing up in East TN it was Washington or Atlanta so that’s an easy choice. But I’m a hardcore cowgirls fan now no turning back.

Growing up in southwest VA everyone was a Redskin fan so I had to go the opposite direction (it's my nature) and be a Cowboy fan. But what wasn't to like about the Cowboys in the 70's and early 80's?

I am just wondering why Joe Biden's "I don't want my kids growing up in a racial jungle" doesn't get more play. He actually said it. Versus a kid growing up in the 1950's south watching as the school desegregates.

Oh that's right...I know why. Joe didn't mean it. He's a changed man. Those types of things were normal. He's a democrat by golly.

I am just wondering why Joe Biden's "I don't want my kids growing up in a racial jungle" doesn't get more play. He actually said it. Versus a kid growing up in the 1950's south watching as the school desegregates.

Oh that's right...I know why. Joe didn't mean it. He's a changed man. Those types of things were normal. He's a democrat by golly.
My whole thing is we need to stop feeding the cancel culture when they pull stunts like this from decades ago on anybody.

wait, lebron is upset that nobody asked him about jerry jones?

Surprised Lebron had time to comment. He seems very busy criticizing the CCP for their treatment of their citizenry. Oh wait… has he said anything?

Yeah, and Jerry Jones doesn't want trouble from these people, especially if he doesn't have a good explanation because that group will grow.
He doesn't owe anyone an apology. No one has proof he even did anything but stand in the back of a crowd watching a chaotic scene. He should tell you and "these people" to eat a bag of dicks and take a lap unless you have proof he directly engaged.

Reactions: allvol123

Same here but the problem has been coaching and roster issues because of Jerry Jones.

VN Store

Back