Jimmy Carter Appreciation Thread

Look it up. (rate of increase of deficit spending)
Then look up how household debt changed from 1980 to 1988.
Reagan was the beginning of popularizing living beyond your means......and people loved him because they felt good in the short term.
Carter was the last long term thinking president and people vilified him.
We are getting exactly the government we asked for.
The American Way has become.......
everyone get as much as you can however you can without regard for others or consideration of the long term impact.

Oh shut up. He’s an amicable low info liberal 😂 Love ya Luth.

And retirement and daughter engagements are noteworthy you bitter cuss.

Where are his hands?

planes-trains-automobiles-those-arent-pillows.gif

I hate straws.

I was at a company called Wincup yesterday. They make yes cups for restaurants and such.
They have a new proprietary canola oil based cup, packaging, etc..Throw it in dirt and it desiinigrates in 30 days..Safe to eat for animal consumption etc.

Society and industry solve issues..government creates issues. Just get out of the way.

That is not what occurs under burdensome government because the people are "not better".

I was at a company called Wincup yesterday. They make yes cups for restaurants and such.
They have a new proprietary canola oil based cup, packaging, etc..Throw it in dirt and it desiinigrates in 30 days..Safe to eat for animal consumption etc.

Society and industry solve issues..government creates issues. Just get out of the way.

That is not what occurs under burdensome government because the people are "not better".
Good society and good industry solve issues.
Bad society and bad industry creates issues.
Good government solves issues.
Bad government creates issues.

Look it up. (rate of increase of deficit spending)
Then look up how household debt changed from 1980 to 1988.
Reagan was the beginning of popularizing living beyond your means......and people loved him because they felt good in the short term.
Carter was the last long term thinking president and people vilified him.
We are getting exactly the government we asked for.
The American Way has become.......
everyone get as much as you can however you can without regard for others or consideration of the long term impact.

Luckily we have a “president” now who wants to support other countries and pay their social security.

I love how you cherrypick Reagan on the deficit spending and completely ignore the fact it was a Democrat house and senate during his time. Don't they pass the budgets?
Which the president signs or vetoes. Not that I'm justifying or complaining about anything. Just an observation.

Perfect humans..what a philosophical stand that is fiction..unless one thinks that one can define "better".
Better in what way? Biblical or some moral code that doesn't exist unless defined by human flawed nature in the first place?

Just a ruse of rainbows. anyways.

Facts to my eye..This current liberal gov want to discount personal responsibility for everything. It relies on morality and being "better" by its own human flawed definition and at same time denies God or some higher moral authority other than the flawed human.

It was societal fault.
It is spiritual and says at ones deathbed "It wasn't my fault"

Society is so bad we must have an ever bigger government. Lord.

Well I guess we are just subjects then to what society want, not what I want or consider righteous.

Not sure that Jesus followed that path.

Society is so bad we must have an ever bigger government. Lord.

Well I guess we are just subjects then to what society want, not what I want or consider righteous.

Not sure that Jesus followed that path.

Well, s**t everybody. Let's develop a government based on what orangeburst wants or considers righteous.

VN Store

Back