Joe Biden-Gaffes or something more

Oh c’mon don’t leave me hanging.

Look both of the posts I responded to implied a clear statement that I would vote in a greedy fashion. Prove that assertion or GTFO is my response. I don’t see any equivalence in my stance and somebody voting on how to spend tax proceeds without sharing the tax burden.

What is there to prove? Literally everyone votes in their own self-interest. A number of posters are suggesting that poor people are the problem because they vote in favor of free handouts; rich people do the same thing. That is not a reason to disenfranchise all but homeowners with jobs.

Voting is also about much more than "how to spend tax proceeds."

What is there to prove? Literally everyone votes in their own self-interest. A number of posters are suggesting that poor people are the problem because they vote in favor of free handouts; rich people do the same thing. That is not a reason to disenfranchise all but homeowners with jobs
Oh I’m not leaning on the homeowner stance. I’m leaning on the net positive tax burden stance.

And poor people aren’t “the problem” they just aren’t a stake holder in the tax distribution if they don’t share the burden. Easy peasy.

Regardless would take a constitutional amendment so it’s moot. It will happen when the EC is abolished.

Reactions: tennvols77
The "wealthy" states you mentioned all have created an artificial income (example 15 dollar minimum wage) to offset the artificial cost of living that has become the norm in these states.

It is why large corporations are fleeing these states in droves for the "poor" state.

Cost of living compared to salary is a much better judge of wealth and when put in this context California ranks near the bottom.

Also, the constitution was amended to allow others besides white men to vote so your founding fathers arguement is mute. Now, do t go twisting my words here. I believe all race, religions, genders should be allowed to vote. But if you haven't been employed for more than 45 days in the past 12 months, dont own a home, or worked to the point you qualify for SS then you really shouldn't have a say. You are/have contributing nothing to this country.
By any metric, Mississippi and West Virginia are the two poorest states. They are also cherry red.

... and once again, that is not how a democracy works. Whether you realize it or not, you are advocating for a system of class privilege, as well as class discrimination.

By any metric, Mississippi and West Virginia are the two poorest states. They are also cherry red.

... and once again, that is not how a democracy works. Whether you realize it or not, you are advocating for a system of class privilege, as well as class discrimination.

West virginia is by far cherry red.

Check governor history and Senate.

You don't know anything so stop pretending you do.

Dems wrecked that state.

Reactions: BreatheUT
West virginia is by far cherry red.

Check governor history and Senate.

You don't know anything so stop pretending you do.

Dems wrecked that state.
In terms of voting in the Presidential General Election, which is what I was talking about but admittedly hadn't specified, West Virginia is as pro-Trump (cherry red) as it gets.

I at least know that the United States of America is a democracy, and I know that under a democracy there isn't class discrimination, which is what you have been arguing in favor of. Whether you realize that you are doing it or not, you have definitely been arguing against the principles of democracy. It's ridiculous.

In terms of voting in the Presidential General Election, which is what I was talking about but admittedly hadn't specified, West Virginia is as pro-Trump (cherry red) as it gets.

I at least know that the United States of America is a democracy, and I know that under a democracy there isn't class discrimination, which is what you have been arguing in favor of. Whether you realize that you are doing it or not, you have been arguing against the principles of democracy. It's ridiculous.

Stop trying to move the goal post.

You called the state cherry red which is both wrong and a total lie.

Own up to the fact you got caught lying and move on.

Dont move the goal post with me. I won't let you.

You were either uninformed or you lied. That's the facts.

BB has been telling some whoppers this long Memorial Day weekend.

I at least know that the United States of America is a democracy, and I know that under a democracy there isn't class discrimination, which is what you have been arguing in favor of. Whether you realize that you are doing it or not, you have definitely been arguing against the principles of democracy. It's ridiculous.

We arent a democracy either genius.

We are a republic.

You clearly don't know anything.

Damn. You stepped into the wrong forum.

Democracy doesn’t work in practice. It doesn’t even work in theory.

I called West Virginia "cherry red" because of how they vote in Presidential General Elections, and that is accurate.

I am now calling you "ignorant", because you apparently don't realize that your prior argument in favor of not allowing citizens to vote, who are unemployed and don't own a home, runs counter to the principles of democracy. Under a democracy, there isn't class discrimination. "One citizen, one vote."

I called West Virginia "cherry red" because of how they vote in Presidential General Elections, and that is accurate.

I am now calling you "ignorant", because you apparently don't realize that your prior argument in favor of not allowing citizens to vote, who are unemployed and don't own a home, runs counter to the principles of democracy. Under a democracy, there isn't class discrimination. "One citizen, one vote."

Stop moving the goal post.

Again, we arent a democracy.

You may wanna research a little thing called delegates and in your party super delegates.

Seriously read a book.

Your own party thinks its voters are so stupid that they actually have unbound delegates who help elect the primary winner and in some cases actually end up deciding the winner.

That ain't Democracy.

We arent a democracy either genius.

We are a republic.

You clearly don't know anything.

Damn. You stepped into the wrong forum.
That is a false dichotomy. A common definition of "republic" is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, "A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them" - we are that, but the common definition of a "democracy" is, "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives" - we are that, too. The best way to describe it, would be as a "democratic republic" hybrid... but nevertheless, we do not advocate for class discrimination, as you so ignorantly have done.

Stop moving the goal post.

Again, we arent a democracy.

You may wanna research a little thing called delegates and in your party super delegates.

Seriously read a book.

Your own party thinks its voters are so stupid that they actually have unbound delegates who help elect the primary winner and in some cases actually end up deciding the winner.

That ain't Democracy.
You are ignorant. The United States is a hybrid of a democracy and a republic but we hold dearly to democratic principles and ideals. We do not employ class discrimination, as you have so stupidly argued in favor of. You need a civics class yourself.

That is a false dichotomy. A common definition of "republic" is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, "A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them" - we are that, but the common definition of a "democracy" is, "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives" - we are that, too. The best way to describe it, would be as a "democratic republic" hybrid... but nevertheless, we do not advocate for class discrimination, as you so ignorantly have done.

Dude your party has super delegates.

Do you even know why?

And we are a republic stop trying to move the goal post and lie.

The word republic is in the pledge of allegiance.

Why u gotta lie so much man?

Oh now I get it.....bowl brothers...

You smoke alot of bowls. It all makes sense now.

You are ignorant. The United States is a hybrid of democracy and a republic but we hold dearly to democratic principles and ideals. We do not employ class discrimination, as you have so stupidly argued in favor of. You need a civics class yourself.
No it isn’t. We are a constitutional republic. That is a very specific form of a representative democracy which is the general term applied to pretty much all western developed nations. It isn’t a damn hybrid democracy it’s very specific.

Dude your party has super delegates.

Do you even know why?

And we are a republic stop trying to move the goal post and lie.

The word republic is in the pledge of allegiance.

Why u gotta lie so much man?

Oh now I get it.....bowl brothers...

You smoke alot of bowls. It all makes sense now.
We are a democratic republic. We employ principles of both. We also do not discriminate against classes as you have so ignorantly done here.

No it isn’t. We are a constitutional republic. That is a very specific form of a representative democracy which is the general term applied to pretty much all western developed nations. It isn’t a damn hybrid democracy it’s very specific.
We are a democratic republic. And we do not discriminate against classes as you keep insisting we should do.

We are a democratic republic. We employ principles of both. We also do not discriminate against classes as you have so ignorantly done here.

Man when the weed wears off and you can tell the difference between cherry red and a state with a long long history of dems we will talk.

Until then just enjoy your bowl.

We are a constitutional republic
We employ the use of a constitutional democracy in which a court system is involved in matters of jurisprudence, but we are a democratic republic which employs principles of both. You are trying to use some creative semantics to win an argument and it's stubborn and childish.

VN Store

Back