Jordan Peterson

This article seems to make a lot of assumptions. They claim he isn't liberal because he believes in the supremacy of hierarchy. However, he has never claimed that hierarchies are inherently good. His argument is that they are natural and that we should be very careful when trying to optimize or deconstruct them because they are also irreducibly complicated. Irreducibly complicated systems tend towards entropy when they are lifted up off their foundations and smashed. Don't see how that is grounds to not be considered liberal. Then there's the bill C-16 issue. People like to chalk up his opposition to this bill as conservative minded xenophobia. He has said on multiple occasions that he will call a trans person by their preferred pronoun if requested by that individual. His argument is that the government ought not have a damn say in the issue. How could any classical liberal possibly disagree with that?
Classical liberalism isn’t what concerns us.

“The company since June has been doing all these anti-racist and allyship things and them publishing Peterson’s book completely goes against this. It just makes all of their previous efforts seem completely performative,” the employee added.

You don't say...

That's sort of what he does when he comes up with his schtick. He takes studies and cherry picks statistics, or takes them out of context, to support whatever crazy notion he's asserted. His conclusions often seem to be the exact opposite of his source material.
Oh, he’s main stream news media

Notice the ones who are racking on him in this thread. That should tell you everything.

I’ve learned a lot from the guy. Honestly he turned my life around so when I see the attacks I’m saddened if anything.

The dude has a different perspective and the academic credentials to back up his opinion. Any honest intellectual would look at his work and see the merits. Flaws? Yes. He’s not perfect but an honest read proves his merits.

I’ve learned a lot from the guy. Honestly he turned my life around so when I see the attacks I’m saddened if anything.

The dude has a different perspective and the academic credentials to back up his opinion. Any honest intellectual would look at his work and see the merits. Flaws? Yes. He’s not perfect but an honest read proves his merits.
Be careful, most here dismiss anyone with academic credentials off hand just for, well, having academic credentials. Anti-intellectualism has arrived.

Be careful, most here dismiss anyone with academic credentials off hand just for, well, having academic credentials. Anti-intellectualism has arrived.

No, some people just don’t blindly accept academic credentials as meaning someone is educated or able share knowledge. Blame you’re folks for that.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
No, some people just don’t blindly accept academic credentials as meaning someone is educated or able share knowledge. Blame you’re folks for that.
Oh the irony. I won’t blame your parents though.

Lol. Playing grammar nazi just makes you look dumber. I don’t worry with correcting spell check this late.

Taking a piss doesn't make you a grammar nazi.

He is right that many are just flat out anti-intellectual, despite the fact that some people have healthy skepticism.

What's worse are the people who think they are "intellectual" when they're dumb as a box of rocks.

They suck. You know who else sucks? People who respond to a valid point about people who exist by saying essentially "no, other people exist."

Reactions: GAVol
So... trolling?

So posting a summation of a Jordan Peterson clip in the Jordan Peterson thread is trolling? Might as well say bringing up the PATRIOT Act in the Kavanagh thread is trolling. This is where we share information.

Too sensitive, bro.

JP looking rough these days, strung out on benzos and acting very emotional which is counter to what I saw him preach years ago when he was first getting famous. Not sure if it's one of those situations where fame got to him or what but he seems to be struggling.

So posting a summation of a Jordan Peterson clip in the Jordan Peterson thread is trolling? Might as well say bringing up the PATRIOT Act in the Kavanagh thread is trolling. This is where we share information.

Too sensitive, bro.

Lol. A thirty-five word summary (that highlights an almost irrelevant quote along with an irrelevant point of him getting teary) of an hour and a half conversation? Bait dude. You're not a troll, but I see you dipping your toe in the swimming pool.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back