Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

I really feel sorry for Kellie. She is likely to be fired for a 2nd time, when the season is over, if she does not resign. She will continue in her position only if the UTAD gives up the goal of restoring the lady vols to their past history as one of the elite teams in WCBB.

I really feel sorry for Kellie. She is likely to be fired for a 2nd time, when the season is over, if she does not resign. She will continue in her position only if the UTAD gives up the goal of restoring the lady vols to their past history as one of the elite teams in WCBB.
She will be paid don't feel sorry

You don’t resign when you make millions to coach with years on your contract. She may love TN but she’s not walking away…even Id advise her to make them fire you to collect

Reactions: knoxvol52
Watching the Alabama game. Still can't believe what i saw. They fought to get back within 61-54 and she took Jackson out with 4:00 left in the game. Huh??? She put her back in with 2:30 to go but why in the world would you take her out at that point?
At this point can we really be surprised by any of her coaching moves?

Fire her and go get Wes Moore or Jeff Walz both wanted the job after Holly Warlick and now it’s going to cost us more to get them but write the check please..

Reactions: Deebowbear
Yes, firing a coach in February is a great idea. It will never happen at Tennessee, it isn't a good look and would also alienate any replacement. He should start with feelers now and see what kind of interest is out there. I do not see us getting a high profile coach, it is what it is. I still stand on the elite eight or we need to move on

Money talks. Throw it at someone.
Well they can throw $20.0M at me and that would not create a better result. Who out there could come in and build the program. As in example, Staley came into South Carolina and built a championship team. She will not come to UT but who could do he same? My vote would be for Catchings, but she has said that she does not want to coach.

Jeff Walz or Wes Moore both wanted the job last time and we went with Kellie lol
Your kidding right? Walz just wanted a raise and no way Moore was getting it over CKH then imo. I don't think they will put the money out for Walz now but Moore may be a choice to consider. I'm just not sure he has enough in the tank to rebuild this program.

Reactions: cincyvolfan
Watching the Alabama game. Still can't believe what i saw. They fought to get back within 61-54 and she took Jackson out with 4:00 left in the game. Huh??? She put her back in with 2:30 to go but why in the world would you take her out at that point?
Thought the same thing -- I'm no coach but WTF. We lost the game after that. I will be so angry and sad if our tournament streak is broken.

There's plenty solid coaches. It isn't my job. But for one, I'd throw a few bucks at the VT coach. He wouldn't be my first, but he's way better than we got.
Agree he seems to be a good coach, would love to see what he does after Kitley is gone. OSU coach is my first call.

There's plenty solid coaches. It isn't my job. But for one, I'd throw a few bucks at the VT coach. He wouldn't be my first, but he's way better than we got.
Don’t know why so many don’t want her to be fire must like seeing the program go on down further. There are coaches out there that can do a lot better. Jeff waltz comes here he will win a championship with in 3 years

Agree he seems to be a good coach, would love to see what he does after Kitley is gone. OSU coach is my first call.
Lindsey Gottlieb is my choice because she can bring Juju Watkins and Kennedy Smith with her. It needs to be a coach that has elite players to bring with them, not someone that has to come a d figure it out.

Thought the same thing -- I'm no coach but WTF. We lost the game after that. I will be so angry and sad if our tournament streak is broken.
USC x 2, LSU waiting and SECT
14-8 right now, potentially 12 losses. another slip up and it’s over more than likely unless they can somehow win the SECT. Get ready for the storylines of us making history each game of missing the tournament.

VN Store

Back