Kentucky v. Gardner Webb (merged)

i did find it amusing that BG got the boo birds in his first game. i'm sure Tubby Smith is sitting somewhere in Minnesota, with a parka on smiling, just a little bit.

Billy D is a FRAUD!!! :p

Ha ha.

Ha.

It will be interesting to see how well he weathers the criticism that is going to come when this team struggles to be .500. There are a lot of fickle fans who don't understand the game who will say it is because he has lost interest in the Gator job a la the Magic debacle.

I predict a lot of antagonism down in Gainesville this year. Hopefully the young fans who know nothing other than national titles don't embarrass those of us still in shock over the last two years.

I think Florida will make the Tourney as an at large with 20 wins, but I don't think they make it out of the round of 32.

i agree with Lex on the UK thing. i don't think anyone expected UK to come out this year and be a real factor.

having said that, i also don't think anyone expected to lose to GW either.

he's a good coach, and judging by his post game comments, he's fully aware of what type of road he has in front of him.

and LG, as to the Gators, i think they have talent, but the youth this year is going to be the killer. i thinnk they'll win a few games they maybe shouldn't, and wind up somewhere just above .500 and a bubble team at best.

surely expectations have been adjusted somewhat? teams just don't do what the gators did the past two years all that often......

I think Florida will make the Tourney as an at large with 20 wins, but I don't think they make it out of the round of 32.

You are on drugs. This team struggled to beat Lynn thge other night and the rebounding totals were almost identical. We have no size at all underneath other than Speights and on the outside our best player is Hodges, who just isn't anything special.

This team is going to do very poorly. I almost feel sorry for them, having to come in and play for UF on the heels of two national c-ships. Going to be very tough on their egos and fans are going to be very disappointed.

You are on drugs. This team struggled to beat Lynn thge other night and the rebounding totals were almost identical. We have no size at all underneath other than Speights and on the outside our best player is Hodges, who just isn't anything special.

This team is going to do very poorly. I almost feel sorry for them, having to come in and play for UF on the heels of two national c-ships. Going to be very tough on their egos and fans are going to be very disappointed.

Well I have heard he is a good coach and someone who has back 2 back NT's I think can get his team back to the tourney at least. Who knows they might win 3 in a row, including the NIT championship. :)

wow billy is already on the hot seat...gotta love it.

No, no, not with the fans who matter. Just the punk kids in the stands in Gainesville who haven't been around long enough to watch Donovan slowly build the school into a long term successful program.

its so funny reading all there theories about how BCG threw the game so they could get more practice time..and didn't want to play teams like Memphis State, UCONN, and Oklahoma..

CatsPause.com - Message Boards

I think Florida will be a surprise team this year...it seems like Donovan always overachieves. And, looking at their schedule, I would be surprised if they couldn't get to 20 wins.

No, no, not with the fans who matter. Just the punk kids in the stands in Gainesville who haven't been around long enough to watch Donovan slowly build the school into a long term successful program.

I meant Billy G, but I really didn't even mean it

I watched the game and the cats was not even close in the game. I hope we do no share the same fate by letting our high rank go to our heads. Dogs 84-68

m e r g e.......you will now find this thread in the "other sports forum".

thank you for not smoking.:)

and another thing, if u just find out about something big that happened in sports at noon and the event happened the previous night, chances are the guys at volnation have already been all over it and there is no need to start a thread about it, especially if the event is all over espn.com

I think Florida will be a surprise team this year...it seems like Donovan always overachieves. And, looking at their schedule, I would be surprised if they couldn't get to 20 wins.
Donovan MIGHT have overachieved ONCE. Other than that he has underachieved or his team did what they were capable of doing. The first trip to the finals with Mike Miller's crew, could have been overachieving (although I thought that was a talented squad). Prior to that, they underachieved in a big way. The championships - he clearly had the best team.

VN Store

Back